KH-Vids Podcast Episode #72: A Glitch is a Glitch

Discussion in 'Community News & Projects' started by Misty, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Misty gimme kiss

[​IMG]
    Late podcast because I've lost control of my life

The KH-Vids Podcast is back with a great new episode!

This week podcast hosts @Misty, @libregkd, and @Calxiyn are joined by @Plums and @Hayabusa to discuss the glitchy mess that is many of the games released this holiday season (the worst offenders being Assassin's Creed Unity and the Halo Master Chief Collection). Citing the strict publisher imposed release dates set on developers, we consider the choice to delay a game or release a day one update, the benefits of betas for online-centric games, why glitches happen, what's owed to players, and the "I want to have it first" culture surrounding gaming.

As per usual we also answer user-submitted questions! @Graxe poses another impossible scenario, @Eric Luna has us consider the impossibilities of the Kingdom Hearts universe, @Plums has us exchange one of our five senses for a superpower, and @Highlandeɼ asks us to assemble a team for the spambot apocalypse.

Finally, we plug some Community News, including this year's Secret Santa, Game of the Month, and @DigitalAtlas 's GoFundMe campaign.

Please everyone enjoy the episode, submit questions or guest applications, and leave us a comment below!

cover2014.png

Download Episode #72 (MP3)
    Subscribe to us on iTunes or through our RSS feed

Interested in being a member guest on the podcast? Fill out our form here and we'll be in touch. Ask us a question by visiting this page or sending an email to podcast@kh-vids.net!

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Community News & Projects' started by Misty, Nov 26, 2014.

1. libregkd
      libregkd
    2. . : tale_wind
      . : tale_wind
      >tfw LittleBigPlanet 3 releases buggy and has a day 1 patch to fix it, but IGN doesn't revise their cruddy review based on the buggy version, even though they waited for MCC patches to do a review
    3. Hayabusa
      Hayabusa
      Fixed that for you (sure wish Ubisoft would fix shit too but well we did just have that podcast looool)

I wanted to bring up also the fact that Wii U games also have done big day-one mandatory updates. At least Mario Kart 8 comes to mind.
    4. Amaury
      Amaury
      I hope to be a guest again soon! :D
    5. Plums
      Plums
      Since we talked about sharing screenshots we've found of hilarious bugs, courtesy of Twitter:

[​IMG]