Dream Drop Distance Equipping the same spirits to both characters?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.8: Final Chapter Prologue' started by Gelatinous Ghost, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Gelatinous Ghost Twilight Town Denizen

I am still early in my game progression, and I have come to discover that the spirits I create with one character can be used by the other. However, for optimal character development, I was wondering if unlocking abilities via ability link with the spirit will grant the abilities permanently to both characters, as is the case with the combat commands, or just the character who the spirit is currently equipped with? Namely, should I create different spirits for both characters, or will Sora and Riku sharing the same spirits affect their development negatively? Thank you. ​

2. Mixt The dude that does the thing

It is unlocked on the Spirit itself and then can be used by either (or both) characters. You could even train it with one character and then switch it to the other and reap the benefits. I've been sharing Spirits a lot because they also grow faster that way, though overall there is no difference since the extra training time there means another Spirit isn't getting any.

3. Gelatinous Ghost Twilight Town Denizen

So what you're saying is that once the ability is unlocked with the spirit, I don't even need to have it in my active party for either character and I can still use the abilities I unlocked with it? ​

4. Mixt The dude that does the thing

The abilities marked with the dream eater symbol (the ones that fall under the status category) require the Spirit to be in your party. All others are permanent and don't need the Spirit active in order to use them.

5. Gelatinous Ghost Twilight Town Denizen

So just unlock all the abilities on each spirit and both characters will have all abilities by the time I am done? Awesome. And for abilities whose effectiveness can be amplified by equipping the ability multiple times, can I unlock further tiers simply be creating duplicates of a dream eater with that ability and leveling it? i.e, HP Boost or Combo Plus? ​

6. Mixt The dude that does the thing

No idea, never tried that. If it lets you make a second though I have to imagine it would at least count for Status abilities if you have both in your party. I'm not sure about the other abilities though.

7. Gelatinous Ghost Twilight Town Denizen

Alright. Thank you for all your help. :) ​

8. The Trist Merlin's Housekeeper

Well, here's a question: If I have a spirit with whom I've unlocked several abilities, and then I make another of the same spirit, do I have to re-unlock those abilities, or is the unlocking for the type of spirit, rather than the individual spirit itself?

Like, I make Meow Wow 1, unlock abilities with it, then make Meow Wow 2. Will MW1's abilities already be unlocked for MW2?

9. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

I would say it's better to equip different spirits for each character, since it can help boost your combat abilities.

Like, I play Sora as a characters that uses a lot of Fire and Blizzard based abilities, so I usually equip dream eaters that help boost this like the Penguin Dream eater for Ice stuff and the the Ram for Fire stuff. As a result I get a bonus when I unlock abilities that boost my defence against fire and my attack with it, which has helped me take and give more damage when dealing with enemies.
    Whilst with Riku, I use a combo of Thunder and Darkness based abilities, so I pick dream eaters suited for this and use them to boost my deck abilities more as well as my defence.

I recommend doing this since it got me through the game, but that's just my play style, you can use another one or make your own.

I'm not sure bout this whole make the same dream eater more then once and unlock abilities, but I think it needs to be tested by someone first.

10. Noise For Love and Justice

So...are only some status upgrades permanent?

Cause I feel like I have unlocked a butt tone of stuff but still Sora and Riku don't them unlocked?

;>.>

11. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Every thing in that first blue category requires that the spirit it is associated with be in your party. The red and purple groups are completely permanent.

12. Noise For Love and Justice

thats stupid!!!

I went through the whole game trying to get full HP, Attack ,and Defense boost!!! No wonder it wasn't filling

>.>