Digital Art Equivalence }

Discussion in 'Arts & Graphics' started by Sacredlith, May 17, 2012.

1. Sacredlith Destiny Islands Resident

Did these in the past couple of hours.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

V1:
    [​IMG]

V2:
    [​IMG]
    CnC will be very much appreciated ><

2. Hayabusa Venomous

Ooooh, nicely done. I like the high image quality on em all.

1st: The border is quite unnecessary in my opinion, and there's a lot of emptiness to the left of the image. Maybe fill it in with some effects or text? Love the colors and sharpness of the characters. Maybe try showing more Goofy...perhaps make it a vertical shape instead of horizontal?

2nd: Really like the colors going on, but it seems a bit of an odd shape for the image, like its too blocky? No other quips.

3rd: Lovely contrast of colors once again. I kinda like V1 a bit more. The lines of V2 are a bit too strong i think. Maybe try blending Male BRS more with the background. Also the top-left corner feels empty to me.

3. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

You're doing pretty good. You have good colors, placement and design. Good progress.

You should fix a few things in future works.

1. Borders should be even and symmetrical if they are on all four sides. A 3px border should be 3px on all four sides.
    2. Borders should not be there unless they add to the tag. If you have the border on a separate layer, toggle it on and off for a minute or two to judge whether the tag looks better with or without it.
    3. Do the same thing for any effect. Play around with them until they look good, or if they do not, then take them out.
    4. The drop shadow in the last one is out of place. While it is good to add depth, you should avoid making the render pop out so that you have the render is juxtaposed over a flat background. The background should have depth, too, or else the render looks obviously slapped on.

4. Misty gimme kiss

Not necessarily! While this might be a personal attachment/opinion, a border does not necessarily have to be equal all around. I'm not saying I'm the authority on borders, or that just because I do it it's okay, but art isn't about conventionality. c: I used to play with this frequently:
    [​IMG]
    Makaze's other points are right, though--a signature does not need a border, but it's worth playing around with.

Otherwise these are not bad! You seem to have basic concepts like placement and color basically down, but I would suggest playing around with new techniques. The non-Kingdom Hearts green signature and the BRS tags look quite similar, and while there's nothing wrong with having a style that people see and think "okay, that was made by Sacredlith," always innovate. :)

5. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

Oh, I must have misworded. Sorry. I meant that all borders you add should be equal width, not that you should have them on all sides. If one of your two borders was wider than the other it would look odd. That is what I was getting at.