Express Your Feelings; Be Yourself

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Amaury, May 20, 2018.

1. Amaury Legendary Hero

This thread will be focused on males for reasons that will be made obvious with the video below, but females aren't excluded, of course.

I came across this video and found it really sweet and touching:

While we're a lot better, the "guys don't do this; if they do, it means they're gay" stereotype unfortunately still exists. Where it originated from, I have no idea. Honestly, sexuality shouldn't even play a role in this. I think I've made it clear before that I love all my friends like family.

Basically, two males who are good friends can love each other, no matter if:
    • Both males are heterosexual
    • Both males are homosexual
    • One male is heterosexual and one male is homosexual

I'm just simplifying this, but the same thing would apply to the other sexuality types as well.

All three of those are completely platonic. It just shows how close they are as friends. In the case of the second one, even if it were a couple, there can still be platonic love. Basically, just because they're both homosexual and in a relationship doesn't mean their love for each other has to only be romantic or sexual. They can love each other without involving their sexuality. In other words, they love and care about each other like family. Likewise, two homosexual friends who are just friends and not in a relationship, but are close with each other, can love each other. In other words, they don't love each other because they're both homosexual, they love each other because they care deeply about each other like family. Basically, view it the same way as two heterosexual male friends being close with each other. That goes back to what I was saying earlier where sexuality shouldn't play a role in loving your friends, at least not the platonic kind.