No Thanks Extend No Avatar Avatars to Include Both Genders

Discussion in 'Feedback & Assistance' started by Amaury, Sep 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amaury Legendary Hero

Currently, there's only one avatar for people who have no avatars.

I think it'd be nice if there were no avatar avatars also made for both genders. Using KH-Flare as an example, where @Alice's Nights has done this, something like this:

Icon 1.png Icon 2.png Icon 3.png

Guests and robots obviously would still have the genderless one.

The black edges aren't part of the avatars. I cropped them from the member cards.

2. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

I am against this.

3. Antidote Façade

I don't really see the point in this. Gender shouldn't matter on an internet forum, so I don't see why you would need an avatar to highlight this which screams, "I'M A BOY/GIRL". Plus this would be kind of moot for people who choose not to display their gender. The current neutral avatar seems fine to me.

4. Amaury Legendary Hero

Just as a note, this is something XenForo does with their default icons.

That's what something like KH-Vids' current one would be for -- for people who have no gender

I never said gender mattered, either, it'd just be for something fun (and if it doesn't matter, then it doesn't matter if people know someone's gender or not). Nights himself doesn't think gender matters, but he still did that for KH-Flare.

You guys act like knowing someone's gender is bad. That's why I don't care if people know my gender on here (or my age or my sexuality) because it's not a big deal, personally. If people judge my content and read it from a male's perspective or expect me to act a certain way, that's their problem, but I don't give a crap.

I don't want to get too off topic, so I'll just leave it at this.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
  5. Antidote Façade

It just seems like a pointless addition to me. Why not just leave gender to the profile section?

Also, you're describing yourself. Not everyone feels the same way. You're comfortable with these things, and that's great, but some people just don't want certain information displayed or known about.

6. Plums Wakanda Forever

I don't think we really need anything more than the current gender neutral avatar. While it could be a nice little thing, I think having a singular neutral avatar is preferable since it does universally signify that the member is new/someone doesn't have an avatar, whereas with gendered avatars you can get into the "why do I have crusty old man Xehanort and why does SHE have the radiant goddess Aqua."

Of course this also gets into why have default avatars in general since everyone typically changes them the minute they register, but that's neither here nor there.

7. Amaury Legendary Hero

Hence why I said personally, though something I forgot to mention is that I saw your guys' points. :) It just seems a bit silly, though, If gender doesn't matter, then it shouldn't matter if someone displays their gender or not.

LOL

But yeah, that's a very good point. Unless you want to wait for some more feedback, would you be awesome and go ahead and lock and reject this? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.