Kingdom Hearts II Favorite Absent Silhouette Battle?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Meilin Lee, Jan 16, 2015.

?

Favorite Absent Silhouette Battle?

1. Vexen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Lexaeus

4.0%
  3. Zexion

32.0%
  4. Larxene

28.0%
  5. Marluxia

36.0%
  1. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

So which of the five is your favorite to challenge?

For me, it would have to be Zexion, as I really enjoyed being pulled into different dimensions whenever he used his Lexicon on me and the challenge of trying to get out before getting killed.

2. Explode Who?!

I wish I liked Zexion's a little more, since he's my favorite Org. XIII member. It is a fun fight, and the gimmick makes sense, seeing as he doesn't like fighting directly. I do really like that in both CoM and KH2, he can't hurt you until certain conditions are met (stealing enough of your cards, and trapping you in the book world, respectively). But I wish there was slightly more going on outside the book world. As soon as you get out, all he does is try to put you back in. It would have been cool if there was some other mechanic to vary it up, and reward you with a couple extra combos if you succeed. Like maybe he disguises himself as one of your party members, and disguises them as him. And if you don't pick up on it, you could end up attacking Donald or Goofy. Something else to play off his powers of illusion.

I like all of them, honestly, though Vexen's is a bit annoying. It's hard to choose, but maybe Larxene's. It's fast-paced, and it feels good dodging/guarding her attacks. And getting her reaction command is really satisfying. My only complaint (it might only be in the data battle, but I'm not sure) is her virtually endless barrage of casting lightning. She'll juggle you in the air for way too long (without Once More, you'd die three times over) and if you try doing an air recovery she'll probably kill you before you can heal. You just have to wait until she stops so you can hit the ground and heal.

Lexaeus is a close second. Another moment-to-moment battle that feels good to react to, and a fun gimmick that isn't intrusive.

3. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

Larxene becuase she puts up a pretty good fight. And those laughs...

4. 0blivionkeeper Merlin's Housekeeper

I would say Lexaeus, but mostly just cuz after a certain point I can say "His power level is over 9000!!!!!" xD

5. Rik Merlin's Housekeeper

None! hated them all. Hahaha
    I did them all for 100% completion (and then found out that you need to do all those cursed gummi ship missions to unlock the Birth By Sleep video on standard. That was a bummer of a day) but only enjoyed a handful of them. The Vexen one expecially was just unfair.

Ok, my 'none' answer is a bit dramatic - the hit count gimmick for Marluxia was exciting, and Larxene was fun too. The other three can suck my butt though.

6. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

Decisions, decisions, decisions.... Man, it;s tough because I had the most fun between Marluxia and Larxene. Those two battles were the most hardcore I have ever had. On one hand, there's marluxia using that Doom spell which gives you a hit counter based on your level, and then has the ability to conjure one hit K.O holes on the floor, followed by his annoying flower spell that explodes on you if you don;t time your movement right, and then he has that annoying disappearing act where he reappears to only swing that scythe of his; and if you're not prepared for it then get ready to be hit a few times.

^I found it to be satisfying when I was finally able to catch the reaction command by merely blocking his swings. It felt so gratifying to take back the counts that were stolen from me, and then to finally finish him off with a taste of his own medicine; I literally ended the battle with the other reaction command where you pummel Marluxia and throw the scythe back at him. Sweet...sweet...justice.

Then on the other hand, we have the yellow haired (Insert something mean) who enjoys creating doubles of herself. My goodness she was just so annoying, and it was tough because I always missed her reaction command which ended up costing me health because she just had a nearly never ending assault. honestly, this fight was utter annoying, especially when she started to REALLY try hard with those thunder and mega volt attacks. The sheer frustration that emanated from my mind whenever she brought be back down to 1 HP(Thank you Second chance and once more). I just....I hated her....but then it hit me. "I can use my drives in this fight..." I face palmed myself in this revelation and that's when I popped up my shades and got serious. :cool:
    I started playing smart, blocking and using reflectera whenever she decided to pop up those dopplegangers. It felt so good to see all that HP of hers just shred to pieces because of her desire to spam those copies of herself. Finally, I had found myself on the offensive with this lightning witch, and gave her that just deserves...but she seemed to not cater to my comeback, and began to spam her mega move. So what did I do? Timed my drive form in order to gain those invincibility frames you get when Sora's outfit turns white. I immediately went on the offensive, and in an epic moment, I activated Valor's sonic rave which launched her in the air, and thankfully Donald had my back as he juggled her with one hit. That gave me enough time to launch my self in the air, and unleash valor forms mighty aerial combos. The final hit was an amazing two keyblade penetrating to her body that won me the victory, and all rights to do a victory fanfare....and scoff at Larxene. *CoughThat'sputtingitnicely cough*

Ironically enough, it was the most annoying battle that I found myself enjoying the most....probably because of how engaged I was to this Savage Nymph...or because it just felt good to steal victory from the jaws of defeat.

7. Alan Smithee Destiny Islands Resident

Zexion; dat in-book reality-warping, tho.

8. Shinichi Izumi Totally Pink and stuff

Marluxia, his attacks were pretty good and put up more of a challenge.

9. Mysty Unknown

I'm playing II for the first time... and I'm no where close in level to begin challenging them, even if I am 50. I will most likely like Zexion cause books... How awesome are books.

10. ShibuyaGato Transformation

I beat all their Absent Silhouettes (minus Marluxia) before hitting lvl 99 on my Proud Mode run. And out of all those, the first one I beat was Zexion.

Even now, I love the reaction commands and command menu changes of his battle the most. I've actually lost count of how many times I've fought him again just because.

11. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

I would say that my personal favorite would be Marluxia

12. KHOmega Destiny Islands Resident

I like facing Marluxia because it was like saying, I faced the main enemy of CoM, and now he is just another boss battle in KH2FM, like a memory (no pun intended), and for Sora (me) to face him was like saying, well, here we go again.