Square-Enix FF: Type-0

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by kingdom_hearts_loverXX, Dec 30, 2010.

1. libregkd -

2. Patman Bof

I' ve been weak, I' ve played the fanslation. xD
    Gotta warn you : the vid posted above spoils the game big time.

While the graphic overhaul of the PS4 version doesn' t look that impressive I' ll buy it anyway because it will still be a massive improvement due to other factors. See, the PSP version had a lot of multi-player locked missions, holding unique spells and items hostage. While none of those were required to beat the über bosses, clearing those missions also unlocked pages in your compendium. And as it turns out, on its own the plot is utterly nonsensical.

I' ve played the game twice and still have no clue what the **** that was all about. Remember how FF XIII (to some extent) and 3rd Birthday didn' t make any sense if you didn' t bother reading their data files as you unlocked them ? Well same here but, believe it or not, they managed to make it much, much worse. There' s a shitstorm of data to unlock, and you do so in a completely random order. It' s a big jigsaw puzzle mess.

3. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Nonsensical plots seem to be a big thing nowadays it seems. But they actually decided to to another Compendium again? Seems like a little bit of a bad idea

4. Arch Mana Knight

[​IMG]

Preorder here. The collector's edition is awesome. Unfortunately it doesn't come with the full soundtrack. Fortunately for me, I bought it just after Type-0 originally came out. Definitely getting this though.

5. Hayabusa Venomous

I think it is a terrible idea that they're making the Final Fantasy XV demo exclusive at all. Seriously, that isn't how you generate hype for a game, and it's obviously being used instead to try driving the sales of this game as early as possible (which I've no doubt is good and worth buying.)

Much as I want that Collector's Edition, Square again are pricing it super high and thus out of my wallet's reach :\

Also, ugh, only one store AGAIN.

6. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Honestly, I would love to buy that, but that's $107 that I really don't have. Maybe if I used my Christmas money I might, but what if something else came out I'd like to play? That's a tough call. Also, anyone realize that was Christopher Sabat voicing at the end?

7. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

Ordered it once I saw it. It's a nice CE and very much SE in terms of price lol.

And like you I ordered the LE OST when it came out so it not including the soundtrack isn't a bother.

8. libregkd -

Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
  9. Arch Mana Knight

Even I wouldn't buy that PS4. It's...just underwhelming. Maybe if it didn't have the "Final Fantasy Type-0" bit on the side it'd look better. Or just the black "Reishiki" (the two Japanese characters there) on the middle of the console.

At least this is the first Final Fantasy with an M rating! Given how the bloody intro of the game and the fact that finishing off enemies with a fire spell burns them to a crisp(leaving them black upon death), I'm not surprised.

10. Arch Mana Knight

For those getting the game and want to know a bit more about the combat system, this trailer does a pretty good job at covering all the basics:

A few things to add that aren't mentioned:

1. There's more attack spells than Fire, Thunder, and Blizzard. There's variations of those three as well that can be equipped(i.e. a short-ranged Blizzard spell that deals a lot of damage or a long-ranged version).
    2. There's a few variations of summons. They're just skin changes with altered stats though.
    3. Machina's the best.

11. Arch Mana Knight

Tabata, Type-0 and XV's director, did an AMA(ask me anything) on Reddit and...well nothing too new was said but there's just a lot of interesting stuff that everyone should go read. Tabata's such a great guy. He did confirm that there are a few added unlockable scenes and new costumes available for the game.

Source: Gematsu

12. libregkd -

13. Arch Mana Knight

Holy f***. Apostles of the Crystal(changed to Servant for some reason) is way more intense now. And I knew Machina's theme would be one of the first released! Added ambient guitar parts and major improvement to the drums. I thought the original soundtrack was pretty metal...but then Ishimoto turned it up to 11 for the HD version. Everything sounds so much...huger. These tracks better be in the collector's edition CD! In fact, all of them should be. But they won't. ;_;

14. Arch Mana Knight

Ishimoto put up new songs since Libre posted. But here's the ones everyone needs to hear. Quiet Bloodbath used to be Peaceful Fighting...but with how much the song is changed I'm agreeing with the name change. I mean...damn. It's amazing.

Ukata is a totally new song. Not in the original game afaik. And it's definitely not in the original game's OST. I like it! These songs needed to be posted.

And for comparison:

(Aka, Quiet Bloodbath)

15. Arch Mana Knight

New trailer. Yum.

16. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

I was fairly excited about this game (well as much as a person could when they haven't played it despite the fan made english patch), but I don't know after watching that....I am so pumped lol.

17. libregkd -

18. Iskandar King of Conquerors

19. Arch Mana Knight

20. Arch Mana Knight

Type-0 HD is coming to Steam! Time for glorious PC master race mods of this game. No word yet on when it's coming. I'm betting this further ups the chances of FFXV coming to PC(considering the fact that it's been mentioned a few times already).

Source: Siliconera