FF7 help pl0x [possible spoilers?]

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by The Graceful Assassin, Oct 13, 2010.

1. The Graceful Assassin It's Just Like Christmas Morning

Yes, I'm still playing this. Big whoop, want to fight about it?

Anyways, I'm at the point where Barret needs to fight Dyne. Though, I'm having some trouble with him. He always gets to me with the gun attack, and he usually follows up with the S-mine attack, leaving me to use cure in a bunch of circles. He's level fifteen equipped with the Assault gun. Is there any way to beat him? Like with some Materia?

2. Guardian Soul hella sad & hella rad

Put Barret in the back row. Give him a Restore Materia and nothing else in order to minimize the amount of max HP loss from equipping Materia. Rely on normal attacks and limit breaks, healing when necessary. You shouldn't have a problem taking too much damage at once if Barret is in the back row. I hope this helps.

3. The Graceful Assassin It's Just Like Christmas Morning

Ah, alright thanks.

4. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Materia will certainly help, but more than anything it's a battle of attrition. The fight with Dyne is a duel between two equal powers--At least, it should be. It's also cleverly disguised practical skills exam: Have you been paying attention to all of your characters' levels? Then you should win with little trouble. Granted, it's a difficult exam, so you do have to be prepared.

I would advise you mind how much damage he can do and only heal when you are near critical status. Try to keep alternating attack and healing. Also, being human, Dyne is probably weak to several status attacks. You should almost certainly have Bio by now, so give that a try; chip damage helps more than you'd think in a fight like that. Lastly, if you're near Limit Break, ready a Potion or Cure and wait until the meter is at max, then use it. You'll heal, and then your ATB gauge will immediately recharge and you can let loose.

Basically, make sure you're as close to on par with Dyne as you can manage, take every little advantage you can, and pull ahead of him slowly but surely. Best of luck.

EDIT: And yeah, I guess you could put him in the back row, but that's for cowards >:E