Square-Enix FFVII Remake

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Arch, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Arch Mana Knight

Well Famitsu had an interview with Nomura and here's a summary of it:

Source

No "new" characters seems pretty vague. It at least means there won't be newly created characters showing up in FFVII Remake but I don't think it excludes the possibility of characters showing up that weren't in the original game or getting more screentime. Like Zack. Or even Genesis(doubt it though).

And, as expected, gameplay's going to change but nobody knows how much. As (mostly) fun as ATB is, I wouldn't be against something closer to an ARPG. Or, even better, something closer to Secret of Mana's battle system. Even today that system is damn revolutionary and I'm sad that more games haven't used it. Basically it's an ARPG with a cooldown timer for each attack. You can attack before the cooldown even finishes...cooling down but it results in a weaker attack. It's like ATB, but better in every way. And it was a SNES game dammit.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
  2. Patman Bof

Said the man who was promoting KH2.5 a few months earlier.

More realistic. Urgh ... I don' t remember those words ever not being squenix code for "real time".
    I hope he finds a way to keep materias nonetheless, that was my favorite skill setting system eva.
    And I don' t mean in a Crisis Core kinda way that would simplify it beyond recognition.

3. libregkd -

4. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

But if you die now, you won't be able to play the game.... XD Hehe.

Regarding the remake, holy s***! I am getting the E3 2013 vibe again! THE HYPE IS REAL!!! SONY WON E3 THIS YEAR!!

5. libregkd -

6. Hayabusa Venomous

7. Fellangel Bichael May

I'm somewhat anxious of what SE is doing. There's no doubt there is gonna be a divide between the old players vs. new players. It just becomes the question on how much will they change from the original game. Sure Nomura says that it will stay faithful to the story and such, but it does beg the question that all these tweaks and changes might change the game a bit too much.

8. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

I literally cried when I saw the trailer, I was so excited. I think they're going to shoot for 2017, because then they can release it on the 20th anniversary of FFVII the original. I know a trailer can't be counted on to show everything, but honestly as long as the graphics are beautiful, the voice acting is good and the music is redone (with possible an orchestra and metal band like in Sephiroth's theme), then I will die happy.

I honestly think this is going to be an attempt to reboot the series and do a sequel, if not multiple sequels, for the next generation. At least that's what this fan is hoping for.

9. Iskandar King of Conquerors

We should at least keep Steve Burton as Cloud's voice actor, since he's been the voice actor since the beginning when Cloud actually had a voice

10. libregkd -

11. Misty gimme kiss

12. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Is there a problem with the Luminous Engine?

13. Arch Mana Knight

Considering Square had problems with it while making KH3 which was enough to make a switch to Unreal 4...I'm going to say yes.

14. Misty gimme kiss

Luminous is an in-house engine that Square apparently doesn't have the resources to create or support. Development time that could have otherwise been dedicated to FFXV was spent putting together and fixing Luminous.

15. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Yoshinori Kitase discusses the battle system and development progress (sorta):
    Source

16. Amaury Legendary Hero

If it's just a remake, I assume the story's going to be completely the same, it's just going to have a more modern look?

17. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I was told that they were going to expand the story a little and make it a little more understandable from a co-worker. Not sure where he heard it, so we'll just have to wait and see

18. Misty gimme kiss

The extent of their changes haven't been determined yet. We had a good chat about it on our E3 podcast, actually. They're not doing a straight remake or a complete reboot and we can only speculate about just how much will change -- there's a lot about the story and the game that simply wouldn't work in the current environment of the gaming industry (one big example @libregkd mentioned was Cloud beating up Aeris), but they obviously don't want to stray too far from the original (beloved) game. It's all up in the air but I'm glad they're taking a critical eye to the process.

19. Amaury Legendary Hero

I'm going to have to listen to that!

I can't wait for its soundtrack! While I still prefer some of the originals, such as Desire for All That Is Lost, in Kingdom Hearts, many of the remakes' music were awesome and improved!

20. libregkd -