Square-Enix FFVII Remake

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Arch, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Amaury Legendary Hero

2. libregkd -

3. Amaury Legendary Hero

4. Patman Bof

Most famous is the whole Don Corneo infiltration / transvestite Cloud thing.
    There' s also the dating scene you get the first time you reach the Golden Saucer. If you' ve made it your mission to be a perfect and complete ******* to all of your female teammates every chance you get, you end up dating ... Barret. That scene was hilarious.

5. Amaury Legendary Hero

This is fan-made, but it's pretty cool:

One thing I hope they do is fix all the glitches, oddities, and grammar/typos. For example, in the battle against Guard Scorpion, after Cloud says, "Barret, be careful!" The following two lines don't grammatically make sense, at least to me:

Attack while it's tail's up! It's gonna counterattack with its laser!

It would be better as, If you attack while its tail's up, it's gonna counterattack with its laser!

Another typo is at the Battle Arena. When choosing to continue the rounds, the option is "Off course!"

Then of course you have the famous typo: This guy are sick.

Those are just a few examples. There are many areas where there are grammar errors/typos, the grammar just sounds awkward, missing commas, etc.

Regarding the glitches/oddities, Final Fantasy VII does its damage/healing calculations weird among other things. Did you know that when you're healing someone, you're actually dealing damage to them? It's the reason why the overflow glitch exists.

These two videos explain it all:

6. Patman Bof

Woo boy, you should see the French version. Some sentences don' t even make a lick of sense. Not until you translate them word by word in English that is, which leads me to believe that ...

a) they translated the English version, not the original Japanese (Chinese whispers anyone ?)
    b) they hired a Spanish cow to do the job.

Not that professional translators can' t make mistakes or weird choices. For instance the French FF IX has its moogles shout Coubo instead of Kupo.
    Why might you ask ? "I just thought it sounded sweeter", said the translator in an interview. M' kay ...

7. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Yeah, here's hoping their smart enough to take that out of the remake

8. Patman Bof

I think it' d be pretty funny if one of the HD cross dressed Cloud models looked like ... Lightning. xD

9. Amaury Legendary Hero

Why? I see nothing wrong with having some pretty harmless sexual innuendos here and there.

10. Hayabusa Venomous

A little bit of gameplay footage:

HD Upload:

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
  11. Arch Mana Knight

Well it's obviously borrowing a lot of things here and there from FFXV while keeping a more...high action style of gameplay. Can't wait to hear fanboys whine about it not being the ATB system. It looks great so far.

12. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

So they're going with a KH/FFXV style battle system. Interesting. I can already imagine people being angry about this change lol.

13. Anixe Hollow Bastion Committee

The recent trailer is aesthetically pleasing, I actually dig the light filters they have in Midgar (which hopefully leaves for the scenery outside of Midgar to be gorgeous). Gameplay-wise... well, I would be lying if I said that it didn't remind me of FFXIII, FFXV, and Advent Children combined. Can't tell if it's good or bad thing for me since I'm not particularly attached to the nostalgia the original ATB had, but it's definitely saying something that if during playing this I am rather reminded of other games' battle systems.

I believe they definitely got Steve Burton to voice Cloud again (which I'm personally happy about for consistency's sake) but I'm curious if they changed it for Barret.

14. Hayabusa Venomous

Personally, I welcome the new battle system. We've had the original Final Fantasy VII ported to PSP, PS3, PS4, Steam and iPhone. There's no issue of access really, so if people want the old ATB system, they have plenty of options for the original game.

15. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Really glad they decided to go for Real-Time combat. While the ATB was a thing when it first came out on PS1, most games now feel more realistic, especially with fast-paced scenes, when the combat itself isn't turn based. I don't hate turn based, but it does take away from the realistic factor. The style reminds me both of FFXV as well as the arcade Dissidia. I'm wondering if the summons are going to be just as fun as from FFXV. Though since the summons work different in the games, maybe not

16. Labrys King's Apprentice

I never understood why so many people complained about this, I think its gonna be amazing. Probably gonna end up as one of the best RPGs out in next-gen (Current?)

What we need instead of a newer titile in the FF franchise is another FFVII sequel that's not a movie.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2015
  17. libregkd -

18. Antidote Façade

I didn't think they would re-use the ATB system for this. I'm pleasantly surprised though because the gameplay looks great! (can't wait to see Tifa and Vincent in action...and the summons!)

I was a bit worried that it was borrowing the whole MC only thing from XV, but yas @ being able to switch between party members.

It feels good to be hyped about FF again after going off the series.

19. Misty gimme kiss

I'd like to see a proper (non-stream) upload of the trailer when it goes up because graphically I'm a little disappointed. A lot of the character models look... well, like character models. Granted the game is still obviously far off and this is way more than I ever expected from the game in 2015. I just hoped to have more wow from the visuals (though I do love how Cloud's buster sword catches the light when he's shown running around Midgar). Maybe The Order 1886 just gave me unreal hopes for graphics this gen.

No thoughts on the combat change. I like real-time and I like turn-based.

20. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Agree, especially since they said they were aiming for an Advent Children look for the game. Still, it's too early, and hopefully the graphics get improved.