Square-Enix FFVII Remake

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Arch, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Mish smiley day!

That's the one thing I didn't like.. I can see that flashing light getting irritating very quickly.

2. Hayabusa Venomous

I'm honestly surprised some of you guys aren't that impressed with how the game looks. It's basically a playable version of Advent Children Complete. That alone is very impressive to me.

You have to remember, The Order 1886 is INCREDIBLY small (in comparison to many other AAA games), extremely linear, with very little exploration, running at ~30FPS, and developed ONLY for PS4. It's basically the same reason games like Ryse: Son of Rome and Until Dawn look as good as they does: cramming a ton of detail into a relatively small experience.

Final Fantasy VII Remake has the task of rendering the world and its inhabitants from the original game in these new visuals. And this is still a title in-development, of course. It'll probably run at 30FPS as well in order to maintain these visuals on a console.

3. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I just realized after watching the trailer again you can see the Limit bar in the lower right corner of the screen. Looks like it will probably work the way we expect it to, with you taking damage and increasing the bar, and being able to use a Limit Break whenever it's full. If that's the case, I'm really looking forward to see how moves like Meteorain and Omnislash look like. Also, are they just going to a normal omnislash, or maybe they'll use a version from later in the series, like the one they used in Advent Children Complete? Though maybe not, since that version was doable because of the way his sword was built.

You guys think they'll keep in the fights with Ruby and Emerald weapons? I kind of hope so, because it'd be interesting seeing those fights in real time. Though I wonder if maybe the final fight with Sephiroth will be more entertaining than a simple Omnislash to finish the game. I hope so for that too, because that would be a letdown. I need an actual fight with sephiroth with all of his skills.

4. Hayabusa Venomous

I don't think they'll cut out anything in terms of bosses and story scenarios.

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if we got an extra few fights that feature scenes from Crisis Core and Advent Children.

5. Fellangel Bichael May

Youtube: Wow this game looks like trash. Bla bla no turn based combat bla

I don't understand why people want to keep the turn based combat. An ATB battle makes it so much more engaging and fast paced, the remake we wanted. The feeling of playing a fast paced FF VII like we saw in Advent Children. I think the game looks fantastic so far.

My only concern is of the characters, Yuffie and Vincent. They were optional characters in the old FF VII game, but they have been in recent FF games and tie ins like Advent Children and Dirge of Cerberus. It makes me wonder how will they be incorperated. Will they stay optional characters? Or will they be incorporated somehow to play a part in the story?

6. Iskandar King of Conquerors

You say that and now I'm clasping my hands praying for such things. Hell, it'd be awesome to do a few fights with Zack during the flashback, or fight Kadaj and gang from Advent Children. Although if they did that, I'm sure it'd be DLC or something.

Story wise, I'm hoping they actually either add a little more to make it more understandable, because that last 1/3 or so was completely confusing above anything else, or make optional stuff required instead. Plus, they better end it better this time than having the meteor come close to the planet, fade out, then go 500 years later. I still get irritated thinking about that ending. If nothing else, bring in some stuff from the side stories, like how Zack and Aerith helped defend against Meteor from the lifestream.

Since they are canon to the story, they'll find some way to give you them without the hassle from the original game. Some things are definitely going to change from the original game to tie in better with the rest of the series. Don't forget that the rest of the games were made after the first game, but this time they're doing it backwards.

7. Hiro ✩ Guardian

People keep saying Cloud's model looks bad

You have to remember, this kid woke up literally days ago after being in a coma and experimented on for FIVE YEARS after he was stabbed in the chest.

He's meant to look sickly.

8. Hayabusa Venomous

People have complained that Square "ruined Cloud" since like, Advent Children. I'm so tired of hearing it.[DOUBLEPOST=1449455715][/DOUBLEPOST]Looks like the Remake will release in episodes.

Welp, as long as they're better at it than Telltale, I guess it works?

But now I'm kind of wondering if it'll be the original game's length or shorter.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2015
  9. Plums Wakanda Forever

Part of me is wondering if by multiple episodes, they're referring to the multiple chapters in the greater FF7 collection(?). Like, the first one would be FF7, the next one be Crisis Core, etc. It'd definitely be interesting (could you imagine having all things FF7 on one console for play, that'd be ridic), but I could also see them splitting main FF7 into separate episodes or making the originally optional things into their own "episodes." I've never played FF7 so I'm pretty ambivalent about the multi-episodes, but I'm hoping that they're able to pull it off well.

10. Hayabusa Venomous

At this point, I just wish they'd release stuff to confirm what we're all only able to theorize.

Give us a video about the combat, and the release format.

11. Iskandar King of Conquerors

My grin just fell when I read this. Are we going to end up with something like The Walking Dead? Because if so, my anticipation for this game dropped to an all-time zero. I have no interest in playing a game as expansive as this in episodes, where some things can be cut out in between

12. Misty gimme kiss

Oh I understand that but this doesn't look to have the detail of FFXV either, I'm not crazy impressed by the visuals in that game either but I'd expect Square's other releases to be at least on par with it.

13. Hayabusa Venomous

I honestly can't even tell the difference between XV and VII Remake's graphics. They look basically the same level to me.

14. Misty gimme kiss

I'm being picky, probably. Like I said, I know the game is in early stages and that this isn't a final trailer. I just checked out the one direct from the press site and it was a bit better but still seemed to lack, to me, the sort of... I don't know. Life and depth of FFXV and other games this gen. Maybe it's just the light in Midgar -- I'm hoping other areas might look differently.

The episodic thing is really weird too.

15. Anixe Hollow Bastion Committee

Aw man, it's being released in episodes? :/ The major problem I see with going down this route is how linear the story might end up becoming. To me, it only sounds like more harm than benefit, especially if they are concerned about cutting content.

16. libregkd -

17. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

18. Misty gimme kiss

I don't have particular feelings for or against releasing the game in parts, especially if it's enabling them to release a more complete remake (as in, have everything that was in the original, within reason). I don't think FF7 is suited to an episodic format like with Telltale Games but that doesn't seem to be what they're talking about here. It's definitely a unique thing they're proposing here and I'm interested to see how it will work out. It would actually explain why the game appears to be in such a finished state according to this trailer. I agree though that people should wait until they release more explicit details before getting all worked up. Thankfully we don't have any nutso fanboys here (for ff7).

19. libregkd -

20. Hayabusa Venomous