Square-Enix FFVII Remake

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Arch, Jun 15, 2015.

1. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

The thing is, I don't buy that for one minute. There are so many workarounds to being able to add content to an existing game on day one. In the past they have done this with multiple discs and I do not see how that would be an impossibility now. I don't want these game devs to cut corners or anything, and if that means we have to wait longer for the COMPLETE GAME, then they have my support. However, hiding behind the "we can't fit everything into one remake installment" just seems to be a load of BS to me. If they mean that it can't fit on one disc without a day one patch/additional discs, then say that. That doesn't seem to be the case anyway.

I've played games before that added major expansions that made the game more fun per expansion, but this doesn't seem to be an appropriate game to do that with. Now I don't doubt that Square will make this game right, but if they have too much on their plate right now to do this game right, then I'd rather it be put on ice until they have what they need for it.

2. libregkd -

3. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

4. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I'm wondering if maybe the way they do these episodes will be something like the .hack games. Those were big in their own right, though looking back, maybe it's just because most of the play time was taken up going through dungeons than anything else. It feels like that's the way the latest news is making it sound like

5. libregkd -

6. libregkd -

7. libregkd -

8. Arch Mana Knight

The fact that they're considering to have magic and materia be separate actions seems like a good thing to me. Obviously the UI is just a placeholder but still. These images look pretty at least.

9. Hayabusa Venomous

I believe that, if they're sticking with this UI, "Materia" will probably be where the different kinds of Command Materia will go, such as Steal or Manipulate. Just my own theory so far.

10. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Those screenshots kind of make the game look like a bit of Metal Gear Solid has been put into the game. I know it's just because the starting area is a factory, but still. Though I wonder what that triangle command above Cloud's head is for. There wasn't anything about reaction commands, were there?

11. Arch Mana Knight

[​IMG]

12. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

I'm not ready to see in HD. :<

More to the point, this trailer, the upcoming State of Play in June, and Nomura's recent words on the game give me the impression that we could see the remake release sooner than we might expect. Maybe it's stupid, but who knows? Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing more!

13. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Game should be available worldwide March 3rd next year. Also, new trailer:

14. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

A new trailer has been released for the Tokyo Game Show. Take a look!

15. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Tokyo Game Show also gave us a new gameplay demo. Take a look!