FFXIII: Slaves of Fate ~{*}DѦTѦLѲG{*}~

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Boy Wonder, Nov 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arch Mana Knight

This is basically where I'm heading. You know me too well. XD

Com. Tier 1
    1.Blitz
    2.Launch.
    3.Smite.
    4.Ruin.

Com. Tier 2
    1.Exploder Blade
    2.Darkness
    3.Lancet

Com. Tier 3
    1.Scathe
    2.Comet

Com. Tier 4
    1.Flare.

Sen. Tier 1
    1.Challenge
    2.Steelguard
    3.Bonecrusher

Sen. Tier 2
    1.Provoke
    2.Entrench
    3.Brawler

Sen. Tier 3
    1.Iron First
    2.Whirl Burst
    3.Recoil

Sen. Tier 4
    1.Quake

Sen. Tier 4
    1.Quake.

Syn. Tier 1
    1.Enfire
    2.Enfrost
    3.Enthunder
    4.Enwater

Syn. Tier 2
    1.Barfire
    2.Barfrost
    3.Barthunder
    4.Barwater
    5.Enstone
    6.Enaero.

Syn. Tier 3
    1.Endark
    2.Baraero
    3.Enlight

Syn. Tier 4
    1.Berserk
    2.Prayer

Also there's one thing I'd like to clear up about the "strike" abilities(Firestrike, Froststrike, etc.). They're not like a Synergist's "En" spells. The elemental attribute of the "strike" attacks only appear on contact. So you wouldn't see a flaming weapon or otherwise until the moment the attack connects. It's a small detail but I wanted to point that out.

Username: Terra
    Name: Argent Aeterna
    Appearance: http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii45/ArchAwesome1/Snow_wolf__by_heise.jpg
    Personality: Argent is a tactical genius, his mind is always plotting the next move to make so that he stays half a dozen steps ahead of any trouble he faces. He's extremely charismatic and has always been a stickler for the rules with the sole exception being for when there's a battle for survival. While it may seemed two-faced for him to even consider back-stabbing an enemy when need be, he feels that there are times when one must ignore the standards of combat when a victory must be obtained. Those under his command have never seen him enter a fight at any point in time while his brother and a few others on Oerba know him to be the single most talented swordsman around not only because of his sheer physical talent but because of the calculating mind that drives him.
    Biography: The elder Aeterna brother, Argent, has been the head of the Wide-area Response Brigade otherwise known as the "Cavalry" for around 7 years now. He wasn't a- very popular person when he took over the Cavalry as he was so young those under his command thought he would be just some kid who would not know how to lead. It didn't take long for him to change their minds with his actions, attitude, and brilliant intellect. The Cavalry's signature ship the Lindblum III is a large vessel capable of fast transport to and back from Cocoon and Pulse. It is because of that ship that he and his brother, Grey, have been able to go on many personal adventures of their own involving the tracking and killing of some of the most dangerous monsters on Pulse. When Grey left with Lightning and Snow's group, Argent chose to let his brother go without him as he had his own responsibilities to attend to and did not want to be associated with some makeshift group that had no formal training(with the exception of Lightning). Now that the group has gone, he feels like he has made a mistake. He had kept a close eye on them and now knows that Lightning's group are l'Cie. Argent knows l'Cie have never been a good thing in the past and feels that now the Cavalry should be responsible in dealing with them.
    Weapon: A blade that can turn into a bow which fires powerful projectiles generated from the weapon itself.
    Other: Jihl Nabaat, Yaang Rosch, and Cid Raines were pushovers compared to him.

I'll probably end up editing the OC once the RP reaches a certain point.

2. Pinekaboo Chaser

Alright, finished Ren's Crystarium.

Ravager (Default)
    Tier 1
    Fire
    Blizzard
    Froststrike
    Thunder
    Sparkstrike
    Water
    Aquastrike
    Aero
    Stone

Tier 2
    Fira
    Blizzara
    Thundara
    Watera
    Aerora
    Stonera
    Dark
    Frostbite

Tier 3
    Blizzaga
    Thundaga
    Waterga
    Stonega
    Darkra

Tier 4
    Nightmare
    Commando
    Tier 1
    Blitz
    Launch
    Smite

Tier 2
    Jump
    Lancet
    Darkness

Tier 3
    Scathe
    Comet

Tier 4
    Flare
    Sentinel
    Tier 1
    Steelguard
    Deathward
    Bonecrusher

Tier 2
    Entrench
    Mediguard
    Brawler

Tier 3
    First Aid
    Whirl Burst
    Iron Fist

Tier 4
    Quake

Edit: Now updated with new moves to reflect the Ravager update.

3. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

Merry *inserts festive event here*
    I'll work on Jaden's limit break later. (I already know how it works... just need to type it out in a way that makes sense, at least I've put the name down here*
    Anyway...
    There we go.

Commando (Default)

Tier 1
    • Blitz - Deal Physical damage to target and nearby foes.
    • Launch - Hits the enemy into the air.
    • Ruin - Deal non-elemental Magical damage to one foe.
    • Smite - Strikes an enemy that is in the air and smashes them into the ground.

Tier 2
    • Lancet - Attack and drain health from an enemy on contact.
    • Darkness - Drains health to do heavy physical dark damage. [Prereq. Smite.]
    • Exploder Blade - On contact an explosion is set off on the weapon that can damage surrounding enemies. [Prereq. Blitz.]

Tier 3
    • Scathe - Deals heavy non-elemental damage to enemies. Spell extends outward in a straight beam-like line. [Prereq. Lancet.]
    • Comet - Showers enemy with projectiles for non-elemental damage. [Prereq. Darkness.]

Tier 4
    • Mercy - Deals a great amount of non-elemental damage to all foes. [Prereq. Comet.]

Limit Break: Oversoul

Ravager

Tier 1
    • Fire - Fire Magical Attack against target foe.
    • Flamestrike - Fire Physical Attack against target foe.
    • Aero - Wind Magical Attack against target foe. Stops foe movement briefly.
    • Aerostrike - Wind Physical Attack against target foe.
    • Thunder - Lightning Magical Attack against target foe.
    • Sparkstrike - Lightning Physical Attack against target foe.

Tier 2
    • Fira - Fire Magical Attack against target and nearby foes. [Prereq. Fire.]
    • Thundara - Lightning Magical Attack against target and nearby foes. [Prereq. Thunder.]
    • Aerora - Wind Magical Attack against target and nearby foes. Staggered foes are launched into the air.[Prereq. Aero]
    • Dark - Dark Magical attack against a small area of foes. [Prereq. At least "strike" move.]

Tier 3
    • Firaga - Fire Magical Attack against large area of foes. [Prereq. Fira.]
    • Thundaga - Lightning Magical Attack against large area of foes. [Prereq. Thundara.]
    • Aeroga - Wind Magical Attack against large area of foes. Launches foes into the air. [Prereq. Aerora]
    • Darkra - Dark Magical attack that deals moderate damage. Range slightly larger than Dark. [Prereq. Dark]

Tier 4
    • Nightmare - Deals massive dark damage to one enemy and moderate elemental damage to all. User has choice of element {Element must have reached Tier 3}. Unable to use "strike" moves and Tier 3 moves for 3 posts afterwards. [Prereq. Darkra]

Medic

Tier 1
    • Cure - Restores health to target party member.
    • Esuna - Removes the last weakening or jamming ability that was suffered.
    • Regen - Slowly restores health over time.
    • Dia - Does small amount of light damage to all enemies.

Tier 2
    • Cura - Restores health to target party member and those nearby. Area of effect spell. [Prereq. Cure.]
    • Raise - Revives one fallen ally and recovers a small amount of health. [Prereq. Dia.]

Tier 3
    • Renew - Revives fallen allies and restores health to all party members. [Prereq. Raise.]
    • Diaga - Does a greater amount of light damage to all enemies. [Prereq. Dia.]

Tier 4
    • Diety - Removes all status ailments from and completely heals allies. Unable to use Tier 3 moves for 5 posts.

EDIT: Disregard Ravager.
    It needs to be changed since we added the new moves.
    Waiting for one more Tier 2 ability though since it doesn't add up if you aim for the strike path tier 4 move

4. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Alright, it was brought to my attention that Ravager's moveset was somewhat one-sided so I edited it.
    Quick explanation for Ravager:
    Tier 1:
    I added Stone, Stonestrike, and Fortune.
    Tier 2:
    Stonera, and "terrain" moves. Terrain moves are Blaze, Frostbite, Storm, Flood, Gale, and Terra. You can only learn one and you have to know the element of it (so Fire for Blaze, Blizzard for Frostbite, etc.). Your Eidolon will have an advanced version (Blazega, Terraga, Stormega, etc.), but it doesn't have to match the one you know (Leo knows Blaze and Belias knows Terraga). What the Terrain moves do is pretty much change the area around you to increase an elemental affinity.

Tier 3.
    Added Stonega and Tetrastrike.
    Tetrastrike is exactly what it says: it's a strike move like Flamestrike and the such, but it has THREE elements, not just one. You need to know four strike moves to know it and the three elements have to be three of those. You can make it three separate strikes as one ability or one strike with all elements, it doesn't matter~

Tier 4.
    Changed Ultima. The plan here is to have three types of Ravagers: Strike Ravagers (Omnistrike), Spell Ravagers (Ultima), Combo Ravagers (Nightmare).
    To know Omnistrike, you have to know Tetrastrike, which means you need to learn four strike moves from Tier 1. Omnistrike is ALL six elements (fire, ice, lightning, water, wind, earth) and physical damage. Six slashes or one slash, or any number of slashes up to six, it's up to you. It's only one ability.
    For Ultima, you must know more Tier 1 spells than strikes. Spells are Fire, Blizzard, Lightning, Water, Aero, Stone, and Fortune. Strikes are (obviously) Flamestrike, Froststrike, Sparkstrike, Aquastrike, Aerostrike, and Stonestrike.
    For Nightmare, you simply have to know Darka, which requires Dark which requires 1 strike moves. Hence, it's the mixture.
    I also added one more move for Sentinels, Tier 3 (Recoil).

As you can see, you need to start planning for Ravager early. I imagine Ravager would be the most used one so I want it to make it as flexible as possible so everyone isn't using the same move.
    So...I need brand new Crystariums for everybody. Again, it's only for Tier 1, but make sure you see how it'll affect your future Tiers.

Terra, your character's in.

So there's another flaw in our Crystarium. If you go on the "strike" path of Ravager, you can't fill your Tier 2 (Bushy, double check that for me, i'm typing this from memory).
    We need one more ability for Tier 2. Any suggestions (for this or any other role or tier in general)?
    Also, I'm going to need at least Tier 1 Crystariums for your three roles for everyone (minus Omega and Shinryu).

5. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

I'm all set other than my Ravager lol...
    refer to my above post ^
    But don't count Ravager just yet since that was the old moveset before we added the new moves.

Also, I need to add something.
    In regards to the terrain spells for Eidolons: if your Eidolon has a specific element, for example, Jaden's Ifrit being fire.
    Then your Terrain move HAS to match that element, so... Ifrit would have Blazega...
    Odin as another example being Thunder element would have Stormga.
    Sorry for not being clear before :P But yeah, that is a rule lol (I didn't see Bueno mention it in his post unless I'm blind and missed it haha)

6. Princess Rapunzel Flower, gleam and glow

I still need to choose Mia's abilities for Ravager, Sentinel, and Commando. Not to mention, Alexander is a non-Elemental Eidolon, well, actually, his signature attack is Holy-Based, so that would make a him holy Eidolon. So, where would Mia fight him then? I'm still pondering when Mia would get her voice back, but I want it to be special, for her at least.

7. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

I think it was that if your Eidolon doesn't have a specific element then you can choose which Terrain move you want.. or you can choose not to have one...
    I think that's what was agreed on anyway.. lol Bueno will have to confirm though. XD

8. Princess Rapunzel Flower, gleam and glow

I would have to do some looking to find a suitable place and spell for Alexander. But I'm wondering when, where, and how Mia would get her voice back, though I really want the moment to be special for her.

9. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Exactly what Bushy said. You get to have your choice of Terrain move! Or we can come up with something special just for Alexander. A light based Terrain move. Choice is up to you, Aerith G.

For Mia's voice, you can always make that when she gets her Eidolon. I mean, I don't want everyone just being like "AND THEN HIS BRAND GLEW AND HIS EIDOLON POPPED UP." Just like the game, there should be some kind of emotional or stressful scene for them

10. Princess Rapunzel Flower, gleam and glow

Thanks, LilBuneo. I'll start thinking about that, and I chose a new image for Mia to suit her for her new change:

[​IMG]

Since she now has Snow's bandanna on her arm, I felt her current image needed a change.

11. Pinekaboo Chaser

New OC from me. Already accepted by Bueno, so this is just for public benefit.

Username: DarkTraitor
    Name: Oerba Van Byron (pronounced Bih-ron)
    Appearance:
    [​IMG]
    (his hair would actually be a very pale blue)
    Personality: Due to his parents death, he now has an undying hatred for Coccoon and it's citizens. He still cares deeply for the other citizens of Oerba, but feels that the destruction of Coccoon is more important than personal ties now that he's a Crystal L'Cie.
    Weapon: Dual Knives
    Magic Type: Fire, Lightning, Wind
    Special Abilities: Can form incredibly strong, prehensile, crystal chains which come from either his back or arms.
    Other: Up until two years ago Oerba Van Byron lived in Oerba, like many of the apprentices did before they became apprentices, and was well-liked within the relatively small community. His parents were killed during an attempt to drive an Adamantoise away from Coccoon visitors that had strayed too close to a herd, and Byron himself dissappeared during the fight. By survivors and other residents of Oerba he was presumed dead, but he had actually ran away in a moment of uncharacteristic fear, and was turned into a Crystal L'Cie soon after.
    (Any apprentices that lived in Oerba two years ago should recognise Byron, as he hasn't aged at all since becoming a Crystal L'Cie.)

12. heartless_angel Traverse Town Homebody

Gah. All of this stuff makes my head hurt DX For now I'll pick my 3 classes.

Commando, Synergist, and Medic

13. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

xD I'll help you out. That's what this thread is for, discussing~
    First of all, which one is her default role? The one she always starts in and is her best role? (Lightning's was Commando, Snow's Sentinel, Hope's Ravager, Fang's Saboteur, Sazh's Synergist, and Vanille's Medic)

EDIT: Darktraitor, feel free to put your character wherever!

14. Black_Star Merlin's Housekeeper

Ok I feel like I should build my crystarium since I just noticed this is here. Originally my classes were Synergist, Saboteur, and Medic but im gonna revamp this so that I have some kind of constant. The only skills ive used are haste, slow, stop, and meteor. My new roles are gonna be: Synergist (default), Saboteur, and Ravager. As for my abilities.....

Synergist
    Synergist T1 - 3 abilities
    - Support (Bravery, Haste, Protect)

Synergist T2 - 5 abilities
    - Support (Faith, Protectra, Shell, Barfrost, Barfire)

Synergist T3 - 4 abilities
    - Support (Baraero, Faithra, Bravera, Shellra)

Synergist T4 - 2 abilities
    - Ares and Immunity

Saboteur
    Saboteur T1 - 3 abilities
    - Deprotect, Deshell, Daze

Saboteur T2 - 4 abilities
    - Dazega, Deprotectga, Deshellga, Slow

Saboteur T3 - 1 ability
    - Slowga

Saboteur T4 - 1 ability
    - Stopga

Ravager
    Ravager T1 - 7 abilities
    - Aero/Strike, Stone/Strike, Thunder/Strike, Aquastrike

Ravager T2 - 3 abilities
    - Aerora, Stonera, Thundara

Ravager T3 - 3 abilities
    - Aeroga, Stonega, Tetrastrike

Ravager T4 - 1 ability
    - Omnistrike

Ok I was alittle confused by this but I thinl I did it right? Let me know so I can change it. Lol also I dont know what element onion knight would be considered, I suppose non-elemental? Im processing ideas about my limit break, so bear with me.

15. Arch Mana Knight

The terrain spells were practically added for the sheer reason of adding a few moves for versatility. >>

Also, you can use spoiler tags by putting these:
    Whatever should go in the spoiler thing goes here.[*/spoiler] You would just have to remove the asterisk. That's the basic way of using spoiler tags.

Anddddd....I'm wondering if I should put my limit break thingy(that involves Meteor! 8D) and Fenrir's abilities here now. >>

16. Black_Star Merlin's Housekeeper

Wow ok thats all really easy. Thank you :)

Basically though I dont need to have a terrain move? Or I make one up like Aerith is doing for Alexander?

You should post Fenrirs abilities. Cuz you definitely understand it better than I do and then I can set up Onion Knight. Haha

17. Arch Mana Knight

Nah, you don't need a terrain move. As for your summon, just wait until Bueno posts(possibly tomorrow).

Just set up a few abilities/powers and such for Onion Knight's regular form and about three or four for the Gestalt mode(if you've thought of it already). If I post Fenrir's abilities now it wouldn't be too good of an example. There's probably only five abilities total(including that final attack thingy) due to the nature of the Eidolon I have in mind. At the rate the RP's going his moveset will be up by next week most likely. <<

18. Black_Star Merlin's Housekeeper

Ahh ok. Ill wait then. I havent thought much at all about my eidolon abilities so ill wait till others post to get a good idea.

19. Princess Rapunzel Flower, gleam and glow

Would it be alright if I made another character?

Username: Aerith G.
    Name: Angel
    Appearance:
    [​IMG]
    Personality: A bit scatterbrain at times, Angel is loyal, kindhearted, and generous. Often concerned for her friends, Angel will stand by them in the most trying of times and won't take 'no' for answer. She read her friends' face and actions. Angel has a cheerfulness, similar to Vanille's.
    Biography: Though Angel was born normally on Cocoon, she was also born mute. Her parents were very prejudice toward this disability and left her to die on Gran Pulse at the age of 9. However, a member of Oerba village, who witnessed Angel and her parents abandoning her, appeared and defended Angel from a horde of monsters that appeared. Since that day, Angel hadn't forgotten the young warrior and wanted to thank her, but couldn't find her. Her only clue was that the warrior used the same weapon as Oerba Yun Fang and fought similarly to her style. So, Angel trained herself to fight and defend herself to find and thank the young warrior who saved her eleven years ago.
    Weapon: Heavenly Axis [Seventh on the bottom row]
    Location of Brand: N/A
    Magic Type: N/A
    Eidolon: N/A
    Other: Maria can use sign language to talk with her friends.

20. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

Everyone's making new characters when I was planning to, lol
    Anyway...
    Here's my newest, already approved by LilBueno. This is just for your viewing pleasure.
    Enjoy the whole Gothic loli theme. (Y)

Username: Bushy-Brow-1992

Name: Linegia (Pronounced: Lin-eh-jee-er)
    Appearance:
    [​IMG]
    Exactly like the picture but her eyes are pitch black. (look at banner) --->
    When she turns into her crystal form, her eyes and hair reverse so instead her hair turns pitch black and her eyes turn white.
    Personality: Very cold and distant. It's impossible to tell what she is thinking. Despite only appearing to be a child, she is very mature. Very loyal to Cid and Jenny because of her hatred to Cocoon as well as the fact that they are the ones who ended her suffering, but she can be highly unpredictable and unstable.
    Weapon: Giant Two handed sword made from black crystal with white highlights. She can hold it in one hand with ease.
    Magic Type: Dark, Light, Holy, Twilight
    Special Abilities: Can unleash pure dark raw energy, as well as crystallised tendrils. There are some other abilities due to her experimentation pre-Crystal L'cie (but they won't be revealed for some time.)
    Other: Years ago... Cocoon was in development of a new weapon that could combat the L'cie threat and be used for military purposes. It was a biological weapon. A young girl was born to be used purely for experimentation. Many clones were made of her, but she was the only one to have survived the horrible process.
    It is not known whether she is the original or one of the clones.
    8 years pass, the poor girl subject to painful and horrifying experimentation day after day.
    The all knowing Great Fal'cie Jenova became aware of Cocoon's plans and sent her loyal crystal L'cie Cid, to put an end to them.
    Cid easily eradicated any traces of the experiment and the people behind it, however, he took the limp weak form of the young girl back with him, under orders from Jenova that she could prove useful to their cause.
    Once bought before the great Fal'cie. The girls fate was sealed.
    Jenova sensed an unrivalled hatred of Cocoon in the young girls heart as well as a great power within, a power that she would use, thus turning Cocoon's own weapon against themselves.
    She turned the young nameless girl into a Crystal L'cie and told her that she would henceforth be named 'Linegia'.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.