FiM Spark Runner

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Technic☆Kitty, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

Been wanting to do an MLP fan fic for a while now. So, here's the product of my insanity. Enjoy ^^

If you haven't seen the latest episode of Friendship is Magic, I recommend not reading this. In other words, SPOILERS!!!

Also, here's the link to my OC's pic.

Spark Runner

Chapter 1
    When Sparks Fly

She hadn't but only just woken up as she heard a loud bang at the front door. Twilight quickly made her way downstairs to find out what happened. There, to her surprise, lay a young mare. Twilight wasn't sure which was more shocking, that the mare had somehow managed to bust through her front door, or that the young mare was an alicorn. "Um, are you okay?" Twilight asked in a hesitant tone.

The young mare looked up at her in a daze, "I . . . I believe so, yes." She started looking around, puzzled. "Pardon me but . . . where am I, exactly?"

Twilight, unsure whether the mare had no manners or was honestly clueless said, "This is my home. We're in Ponyville. My name's Twilight Sparkle." Twilight went on to gesture for the mares name in response.

"Oh, I'm truly sorry. I have completely forgotten my manners. My name is Spark Runner," she held out a hoof to Twilight, "It's nice to meet you Miss Sparkle."

Twilight, now sure she was dealing with a true oddball stuck out a hoof in response, "So, may I ask what it is that brought you here to Ponyville?"

Spark Runner looked at Twilight with a puzzled expression, "Do you know why I'm here?"

"No, not really."

Spark Runner took a deep breath then sighed, "That makes two of us. I can't remember a single thing before meeting you just now."

"Wait, you told me your name was Spark Runner. How did you know that?"

"I'm not sure. I have no memory of being called Spark Runner, or even if that is really my name. It just sort of . . . felt right."

"I think I might know someone who can help. Let me just go wake up Spike and-" Twilight was interrupted halfway through turning around.

"Spike, who's that?"

Twilight giggled, "Oh, Spike is a dragon. He's a good friend of mine."

"NO!" Spark pleaded, "No dragons."

"What, are you afraid of dragons?"

"I'm not sure, I can't-"

"Right, right. You can't remember." Twilight sighed. "I guess we'll just be dropping in unannounced." She started to trot outside, "You think you can still use those?" Twilight nodded at Sparks wings.

Spark grinned, "Let's find out."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

Upon arrival at the Royal Castle in Canterlot, the two were greeted by Shining Armor. "Hey sis! What's up? Not like you dropping in unexpected," Shining Armor laughs as he hugs his sister.

"Well, some things happened and," Twilight looks at Spark Runner, "I need to talk to Princess Celestia."

Shining Armor felt like he had seen the strange mare, looking puzzled behind Twilight, before. "You look familiar, like I've seen you somewhere before."

Sparks face lit up with excitement, "You know me!!"

Shining Armor was taken aback by the sudden excitement, "N-No not really. It just feels like I've seen you somewhere before."

Spark went right back to her prior state, looking around the castle.

Twilight spoke, "About Princess Celestia?"

Shining Armor remembered what the two had came there for, "Oh, right! She's doing some reading in her quarters. She said something big is happening, so she's trying to find out what she can. Follow me, i'll take you to her. Shining Armor began trotting off ahead.

Twilight grabbed Sparks attention and they both followed behind Shining Armor. "Oh, I forgot to ask," Twilight smiled, "how's Cadence doing?"

"She's doing good. She was too busy back at the Crystal Empire to make the trip here, so I had to come alone. I won't be long though, and then i'm heading straight back to help out. I'm only here in the first place because Princess Celestia herself asked for me to come."

Twilight grew a look of discomfort, "It must be pretty serious if Princess Celestia called you all the way here."

"I think so," he stopped. "Alright, this is it. Go on inside Twi, I need to go and check up on the defenses, just in case."

The two watched as Shining Armor left. "Well, here we are," Twilight said to Spark. "Come on, i'll introduce you to the princess." Twilight knocked on the door.

A voice rang out from inside, "Come in!"

Twilight opened the door with her magic, "Good evening Princess Celesti-AH!"

There stood Princess Celestia, but she was not herself. She had mounds upon mounds of books surrounding her. Her mane was all frizzled, and she looked very tired. "Ah, Twilight, it's very nice to see you."

"Princess Celestia, what's going on here!?"

Celestia moved the books with her magic to clear a path as she trotted over to Twilight. "You see Twilight," she stopped to sigh, "something big is going on. It's baffling. No pony knows exactly what it is, yet we still seem to know that it is."

Twilight, slightly confused, spoke in reply, "I think I have somepony here who might know how that feels." Twilight turned around and looked at Spark Runner, who was now investigating a book. "Spark Runner, i'd like to introduce you to Princess Celestia."

Spark simply turned for a moment and waved, then went back to the book. "Nice to see you Princess Celestia."

Twilight now slightly annoyed, said, "You mean 'meet', right?"

Spark looked up in confusion, and said mostly speaking to herself, "Did I?"

2. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

Chapter 2
    What Everyone Knows, But No One Remembers

Part 1

Twilight had been thinking for a while, when she was briefly interrupted by a sigh from Princess Celestia. She looked up to see Celestias head hung over yet another book, "Still haven't found anything?"

Celestia shook her head, "No. It just doesn't make any sense. I've searched almost all our records, but still can't find a single thing."

"Princess Celestia-"

"Please Twilight," Celestia smiled, "you don't have to call me Princess anymore. Celestia would be fine."

Twilight paused for a moment, "Sure thing . . ." She was trying but she couldn't get the words out.

Celestia sighed, "Though if you want, you could still call me Prin-"

"Okay Princess Celestia," Twilight smiled. "What if," Twilight became serious once more, "there are no records, because they've all been erased?"

Celestia gave a look of intrigue, "But who, or what for the matter, would erase our records?"

"My guess is the same pony who erased Sparks memories," she nodded at the odd pony investigating a small pile of books. "It seems as though something that you and the others used to know was erased as well. So, we can conclude that it was related somehow."

"So, you're saying I've been searching this whole time for something I used to know?"

Twilight nodded.

"How frustrating," Celestia sighed. It took her a long time to respond once more, as she was gathering her thoughts, "Twilight, I need you to do something for me. I need you to go back to Ponyville, gather your friends, and see if you can find the source of this anomaly."

"But where would we possibly start looking? And how would we know when we've found it?"

"Here," Celestia brought forth a dusty old box, "take this." Celestia opened the box and revealed a bright yellow crystal. "This works similar to a compass. The closer you get to the anomaly, the brighter this crystal will shine."

Twilight took the crystal, "Thank you Princess. I'll go and gather the others." Twilight grabbed Sparks attention, and proceeded to fly back to Ponyville.

"Oh, don't forget!" Celestia exclaimed, "The crystal must never come into contact with running water! The particles in the water will deactivate the energy contained within the crystal!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back in Ponyville, the girls were gathered in the park. Rainbow Dash was zooming about, as usual, "Come on! Where's Twilight? She was supposed to be here already!"

"Come now, Rainbow Dash, i'm quite sure that Twilight will be here any minute," Rarity replied.

"That's right, if I know Twi she just got busy with her books and whatnot," Applejack smiled.

"She's always caught up in her books!" Rainbow Dash landed in front of Applejack.

"Now that's just not right, Rainbow Dash. Twilights been mighty busy lately. She has more responsibilities nowadays."

"She might have more responsibilities but she told us she'd be here today!"

"That's right, Twilight gave us her word and i'm sure she'll keep it!"

The two began bickering back and forth. Fluttershy began to speak, "Um, excuse me-"

"Well who's fault was that exactly!?" Applejack yelled.

Fluttershy tried again, "Um, excuse me. If I could just-"

"What, you think that was my fault!? How could it have possibly been my fault?" Rainbow Dash returned.

Fluttershy tried once more, "Um, excuse me. If I could just-"

Applejack and Rainbow Dash exclaimed simultaneously, "What?!"

Fluttershy winced, before pointing to Twilight, who had just landed beside them. The two blushed in embarrassment. Before anyone had time to welcome Twilight, Pinkie Pie began jumping around, "Oooh oooh ooh ooooh oooh! Twilight, Twilight, Twilight. Who's this?" Pinkie Pie was referring to Spark. "She looks nice. Is she a friend? Oh I hope she's a friend. I bet she's a friend! Nice to meet you friend," Pinkie began hopping around Spark, "my name's Pinkie Pie! But my friends call me Pinkie. Some call me Pie, but most call me Pinkie Pie!"

Deciding there had been enough "Pinkie" for one day, Twilight interrupted, "Pinkie Pie . . ."

Pinkie stopped and looked at Twilight curiously for a moment, before happily bouncing away.

Rainbow Dash got next to Twilight and whispered, "Who exactly is this pony, Twilight? I don't remember seeing her around before."

Almost jokingly, Twilight said, "Yea, not many people do."

"Huh?" Rainbow Dash asked, confused.

Twilight shook her head, "Nothing. I need everypony to gather at the library. I have something important I need to speak with you all about."

The group gave a shared look of confusion before doing as Twilight had asked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

Chapter 2
    What Everyone Knows, But No One Remembers

Part 2

The girls took their places around table back at the library. Twilight took a moment to gather her thoughts before explaining the situation. She told them about Spark Runner, and Princess Celestia. She told them about the anomaly that is occurring in Equestria. Finally, she revealed to them the crystal that Celestia had given her.

Rainbow Dash, quick on the draw, spoke first, "Wait, so this thing is supposed to help us find whatever it is we're supposed to be looking for?"

Twilight nodded, "Yes, this crystal will grow brighter the closer we get to . . . whatever it is."

"I'm sorry Twi, but doesn't that seem a little too . . ." Rainbow tried to gather her thoughts, "convenient? I mean, something is out there that nopony knows a thing about, right? And Princess Celestia just so happens to have this crystal that will help us find it. Doesn't that sound odd to you?"

Twilight, a little agitated in Rainbows logic, replied, "Yes, it may be a little too convenient, but we have to take a chance on it anyway. If there's a possibility that Equestria is in danger, I can't just stand around and watch it happen."

"Well neither can I!" Rainbow looked away with a faint blush, "I was just, ya'know, letting you guys know."

Twilight looked around the room at the others, "Well, what do you all think? You don't have to go along with this if you don't want to. I'll be fine taking care of this by my-"

Rarity was first to interrupt, "Oh no! Don't think for a minute that i'm going to let you go out on a journey all alone. I was out of jewels anyway, maybe we'll run into some while we're out."

Applejack was next, "I can't just let ya'll go out without me. I'ma coming too."

Twilight inquired, "What about Sweet Apple Acres?"

Applejack laughed, "Granny Smith and Big Mcintosh can take care of things. Applebloom has been handlin' her own too. I'll stop out and let em know what's going on."

Pinkie Pie jumped in, "Ooooh, me next, me next!!"

Twilight rolled her eyes and laughed, "Yes, Pinkie Pie?"

"I can't go." All the girls gasped. Then Pinkie continued with, "I can't go, until we stop and stock up on snacks." Pinkie began laughing.

Rainbow Dash said proudly, "You already know my answer!"

Everyone turned their heads to Fluttershy, who was shaking a bit. She spoke softly, "Um, actually, you know I have to look after the animals. I couldn't just leave them all alone."

Rainbow zoomed around, lifting Fluttershy, "Not a problem, we'll get Spike to look after them. He did alright the last time, remember?"

Spike yawned as came down the stairs, "What am I doing?"

There was a sudden rush of air as Spark Runner made her way outside. Twilight had forgotten Spark was afraid of dragons, "Oh no! Hurry, we have to stop her!"

The girls rushed outside prepared to chase down Spark, but they found her investigating a small patch of flowers just next to the house. Rainbow Dash asked Twilight, "What was that about?"

Twilight responded, "She seems to have a fear of dragons. I forgot about it until just now. Applejack, would you mind taking her with you to Sweet Apple Acres?"

Applejack asked confused, "Well sure Twilight, but why exactly?"

"We're going to finish getting ready, and take Spike to Fluttershy's so he can watch over all the animals. If Spark is around, she might get scared off again."

"Oh! Alright, you got it Twilight. We'll meet back up here when we're finished."

Twilight nodded, "Alright." They watched Applejack and Spark trot away. "Alright girls, let's get to work."

4. SoulboundAlchemist Gummi Ship Junkie

Have you considered putting this on FIMFiction?

5. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

Maybe, but it'd be way later. I'd have to do some serious editing, rewriting, and overall make improvements to the story plot. Right now it's just a fun little project for me to work on. Once/if I finish the story, I'll go back and make all the edits and changes. Then I might upload it. As for now though . . . ^^

Chapter 3:
    Rough Beginnings

Twilight, who had finished packing, plopped down on the couch, "Phew. Now we just need to wait on Applejack to get back."

Rainbow Dash, hovering in the air above Twilight, asked, "So, any ideas where we're going to start?"

"Um," Twilight responded slowly, "not really."

Rarity made her way over to them both, "Why don't we just take the train?"

Twilight lit up brighter than the Summer Sun Celebration, "That's a great idea, Rarity! We can take the train to narrow down where we should start." Twilight looked at the almost inexistent light within the crystal.

Pinkie Pie chimed in, "How does that thingy work again?"

Twilight giggled at Pinkies calling the crystal a 'thingy', "It gets brighter the closer we get to the source of the problem."

Pinkie replied with, "Okey-dokey!"

There was a knocking at the door. Applejacks voice rang from outside, "Y'all in there? I need a hoof!"

Twilight's horn began emanating a deep lavender as she used her magic to open the door, "Welcome back Applejack. What did they say?"

Applejack trotted inside carrying a saddlebag full of apples, "Well, Granny Smith went on talkin bout an old story from when she was a little foal. Big Mcintosh said 'Eeyup.' Then Apple Bloom ran off with Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo."

Twilight looked at Applejack, slightly confused, "So . . . Is that a yes?"

Applejack laughed, "O'course, isn't that what I said."

"But-"

Rainbow interrupted, "Come on! We better get going before it gets too late out."

They all agreed with Rainbows statement, gathered their things, then left the library. It wasn't long trotting along before Twilight stopped, "Wait . . . Where's Sparks?" All the ponies looked around but no trace of the mysterious mare.

Applejack thought for a moment before speaking, "Maybe I forgot and left her back at Sweet Apple Acres."

Rainbow growled, "How do you forget a pony?"

Applejack defensively replied, "I dunno, I just did!"

Twilight, who silenced the impending argument with a wave of her hoof, spoke, "Let's go check and see if she's still there. As for how Applejack forgot, I have a pretty good idea."

Rainbow looked at Twilight inquisitively, "Oh, how do you explain forgetting somepony?"

Twilight sighed, "She's part of this whole thing, remember? Maybe, if you don't think about her long enough, you just forget she was ever even there."

Pinkie inquired, "Then, how did you remember?"

Twilight, with a dead serious expression, answered Pinkie with, "I think about everything, all the time."

The rest of the ponies gave a look of awe.

"What?"

They shook their heads and spoke in unison, "Nothing."