Square-Enix Final Fantasy XIII-2?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Boy Wonder, Mar 15, 2010.

1. libregkd -

2. Shikou Kingdom Keeper

3. Stella Nox Fleuret Hollow Bastion Committee

Interested to see the White and Black Mage costumes, and Lightning's episode.
    But with the Moogle....*laughs*

I can't stand the Moogle.
    But bring on the costumes anyway.

4. StardustXtreme Chaser

5. Stella Nox Fleuret Hollow Bastion Committee

6. Pinekaboo Chaser

7. Stella Nox Fleuret Hollow Bastion Committee

8. StardustXtreme Chaser

The new outfits actually look cool, I was expecting a FFI type of outfit, like welll, Noel is a psychopathic Black Mage with likes siphoning the power of love to use the Hadoken and Serah using a hammer to beat said evil mage and heal him because it's the law of all white mages.

if no-one honestly got that reference, I'm sad.

Now Mog gets his own outfits? ....Why? He didn't need them for the other DLC that came.

9. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

[​IMG]

This download screen was apparently leaked early. So it's only a matter of time now.

10. libregkd -

11. Mysty Unknown

I highly admire these costumes more than the previous ones. They are a lot more Final Fantasy style clothing then what has been recently been in the games. Black mage and White mage have always been some of my favorite attire from these games.

12. libregkd -

13. Arch Mana Knight

So I guess this would be where...

Caius beats Lightning(again?) and Lightning gets crystalized as she's seen in the ending of XIII-2.

So I guess instead of new mechanics or having a new way to battle we're getting the same old battle system but with different paradigms for Lightning. Oh well, it'll be worth it to see Caius kick her ass. 8D

14. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

Just so people know (I apologise, but I've not read through the last few posts as much since I don't want to accidentally spoil things for myself since I've yet to do the Lightning DLC) so I don't know if someone has already mentioned this...
    but the Facebook page for XIII-2 news claims that if you beat the Lightning DLC twice, you get a secret ending.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Final-Fantasy-XIII-2-News/244940588861407

Check here for more details.
    But yeah, beat it twice for a secret ending.
    If people didn't know that, now they do. So good luck and have fun. XD

15. Pinekaboo Chaser

So it looks like the Lightning DLC is designed to be almost unwinnable unless you play it a lot and level Lightning up seperately. Interesting.
    On another note, anybody that hasn't finished the main storyline needs to avoid this DLC unless they don't mind MAJOR spoilers in just the opening cutscene. Just saying.
    On yet another note, the Snow DLC comes with a cutscene featuring all of the Colliseum characters all together. It starts off with Snow vs Gilgamesh and just gets more awesome from there. Snow himself has as much HP as Gilgamesh (IE. the maximum), which is a pain, but the more patient among us should be able to wittle him down far better than I do.

16. Chevalier Crystal Princess

So about the two DLC's...

Anyone know the significance of Yeul in it? People in other boards are thinking she's evil or something. I know for a fact that XIII was a stand-alone story with hints towards the mythos (which is why the backstory is so obscure) and then XIII-2 decided to go full-blown into it. I know it's hnting towards the twilight of the gods like in Norse mythology and everythng returning to primordial chaos. But...what exactly will happen?

They've been so reserved about the mythos that keeps happening in the sidelines. Like how they mention the Arks and how the fragments tie into something...more. What took the cake was 'Bunivelzhe entering the chaos of Valhalla' thing at the end. It was such obvious foreshadowing. Now Lindzei and Pulse will possibly awaken and get Buni back from his sleep. Since he's now reached the Chaos.

I'm getting the Lightning DLC tonight. And I'm hoping to see if I can beat Gilgamesh, but I haven't been able to since I don't like using monsters : /

17. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

The ending to the DLC ...

I nearly cried ;~;.

So sad, but so much hope at the same time.

Also the second secret ending made me go yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss. They mentioned Bhunivelze formally and stuff and wso9ifghw9ifh9awi8hgsegh.

Not god Valhalla Lightning yet, can only get 4 stars ;~;. Level 10 is broken, but also it makes it impossible to get anything like over ... 1 star ...

18. Mysty Unknown

I still haven't even beaten the game's secret ending yet let alone the DLC. You guys are way to game happy.

19. StardustXtreme Chaser

Unfortnately, I cannot pkay the DLC until it's UK released, that and plus, I have to wait until Sunday to get a good internet connection to download it all.

20. Pinekaboo Chaser

I played it yesterday. It's out on Xbox Live at least.