Final Fantasy XIII PS3 Treasure Hunter Trophy

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by Boy Wonder, Jul 4, 2010.

1. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

So I know the object of this trophy is to have held every object or accessory at least once in the game.
    I have no problem with that since it's not at the same time.
    But I heard that you can lock yourself out of this trophy by selling certain elemental accessories.
    However, you can upgrade something and then dismantle it later on and get said elemental accessory.
    But if you sell what you're supposed to upgrade, you're screwed.
    So my questions are

1. Does anyone know what accessories these are? (exact names would be preferred)
    2. What can I upgrade to dismantle to get these accessories?
    3. Where can I get the accessories from number 2 or am I screwed once I sell them?
    4. If I am screwed, can I start over on a new save, get the Treasure Hunter trophy and still get the "Earned every trophy" trophy if I earned the other trophies on a different save, or do I have to get all the trophies on one save?

2. Fayt-Harkwind Where yo curly mustache at?

I don't know about the items but I know all trophies are for the entire game and not individual save files.

3. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

4. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

You can also buy the rings in shops can you not? There aren't any "missable" items from what I've heard, it's just time-consuming and Gil consuming, especially getting 6 teir 3 wepons. That's what I;m doing right now. Also, getting Dark Matter is a bit of a pain. There's only two ways and they both have their flaws.

5. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

You can't buy rings like Ember Ring, Frost Ring etc. They are only found in chapters. You can get them, however, by dismantling the charm of that element. You should be fine if you haven't sold those.

6. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

You must get them from other places though, because I have more than one of all of the rings and I haven't dismantled the charms.

7. Captain Hero Hollow Bastion Committee

You get two of them. One of each is a treasure on Gran Pulse and then you get the other copy by doing the missions.

8. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Ah thanks, that actually helped more than the other sites I've been looking at.

Well, I'm pretty sure I'm screwed now since I'm 90% sure I sold the water charm and I've already sold all the rings.

9. mokeyman q Traverse Town Homebody

A bit of advice: If Fang's (or Vanille's) ultimate weapon is dismantled, you get three Trapezohedrons. This can probably save you a lot of gil, as these are used to make ultimate weapons.

Question(s): Do I have to hold each weapon/acessory, or just own them? The guide tells me I just have to own them, but the trophy description says to hold them. I've noticed that Treasure Hunter is one of Bhakti's titles is Treasure Hunter, do I need that for the trophy unlock.

10. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

You only need to own them. I guess since you own them you are holding them in your procession. xD Well, once you have all the items go back to Bhakti and you'll get the trophy.