No Thanks Folders for Watched Threads

Discussion in 'Feedback & Assistance' started by Amaury, Nov 1, 2014.

1. Amaury Legendary Hero

2. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

Completely unnecessary. Users are already informed about new posts in watched thread via Alerts. There is little point in viewing the watched threads manager page at all except to remove watched threads.

3. Amaury Legendary Hero

I think you completely misunderstood the post; plus, removing watched threads isn't the only point. If you're working on project threads like I am that don't receive many or any replies, then you can just go to the watched threads page and get to them that way. You could also just go to the forum they're in, but if you're on a site that's incredibly busy, they can easily get buried if you only update them like once a week, which makes the watched threads page incredibly useful, so no, not completely unnecessary.

upload_2014-11-1_13-7-40.png

upload_2014-11-1_13-8-50.png

4. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

Even so, that use is very specific to the point that you may be the only one to use it. I do not believe it will see enough use to warrant bloating the site with a new add-on.

The subscribed lists had value on vBulletin because there were no notifications for subscribed threads. I used them religiously back on vB. I have no need now.

5. Amaury Legendary Hero

Well, if you had emails sent, then it really was no different. Additionally, some people, like myself, just like to organize their subscriptions in general, even if they receive alerts for them.

Obviously, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I'm not the only one who misses the ability to organize subscriptions going by my thread here.

6. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

I suspect they will not be used on KHV, specifically. Most of our users left vB's subscription system in the past for the real-time update system. Unfortunate, but true. They only Watch threads to get notifications of new replies.

Even in the past, they only used the subscriptions page to view new replies on their User CP.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2014