Audio Form a kh-vids rock band

Discussion in 'Production Studio' started by Xeitr The False Image, May 16, 2010.

1. Xeitr The False Image Gummi Ship Junkie

anyone here wanna join in and help form a rock band based around kingdom hearts?

looking for a female vocalist

Name - Instrument - Time zone

-------------------------------------------

Advent - Ryhthm Guitar - eastern

Stardust- strings? guitar/bass/keyboard/synth - Central Time

The Fuk? - Drums mastering, piano, synth, harpsichord, and strings - Eastern

SpazticFantaztic :3 - Vocals - Eastern Standard Time

Xeitr The False Image - Vocals -Central Time

TerryNirv - Guitar/bass - Central Time

Illusionary Trixter - editing vocals/Effects -Eastern Standard Time

2. The Fuk? Dead

I actually do electronic music, some mixing, I also do industrial, I can also do drum programming, I have lots of live drums samples. So if you get something going, and I don't mean to sound cocky, but something good, I'll be down. Nothing really time-consuming though, but I'm always down for new things.

3. TerryNirv Merlin's Housekeeper

i can play guitar and bass and ive been playing both for about 3 years

4. SpazticFantaztic >:3 Kingdom Keeper

I can sing, and I have FL Studio, so I can help with the stuff The Fuk? would be doing.

How would this play out?

5. Xeitr The False Image Gummi Ship Junkie

well..first the instruments would be finished up then the vocals =P which i guess we could do duel vocals if you wanna do them kinda like...taking back sunday did

6. The Fuk? Dead

Alright, I'll take care of the drums. It's a live kit, and they're in very good quality. I also I have a pretty good piano plugin, a harpsichord plugin, electro drums, all sorts of distortions/flangers/phasers, all that stuff. I have all sorts of synthesizers. I have strings, they're decent. I can make whatever else we need, but it looks like everything's all good?

7. Stardust Chaser

Speaking of strings, I play violin. I might be getting an electric one pretty soon. They sound pretty cool, so I'll let you know.
    I also play guitar, bass, and keyboard/synth. I have Acid Music Studio on my computer.

If I can help out at all let me know. =P

8. The Fuk? Dead

Well if you could record them, that would be amazing, the electric violin is one of my favorite instruments. That would make a nice addition. Looks like we've got a good roster goin'.

9. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

I'm a decent guitarist, but considering someone with three years experience is volunteering, taking my 10 months experience into consideration, I'd probably be best for rhythm guitar if you need that. =P Also I need help setting up recording, since my setup right now is total shite (USB mic up to amp). >>

10. Xeitr The False Image Gummi Ship Junkie

awesome rock on ^_^ ....now lets see...we have drums synth guitar strings now we just need a bass of some kind

Advent - Ryhthm Guitar
    Stardust- strings? guitar/bass/keyboard/synth
    The Fuk? - Drum Kit
    SpazticFantaztic :3 - Vocals
    Xeitr The False Image - Vocals
    TerryNirv - Guitar/bass

=P so far this is the list i've compiled of people wanting to play and what they play
    if all these do it...we've almost got a friggin orchestra XD

11. TerryNirv Merlin's Housekeeper

most tech rock bands usually use their synths instead of bass such as And than there were none and Shiny Toy Guns

12. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

xD That we do. Out of curiosity, how is this going to work as a Kingdom Hearts-based band? Rock renditions of Kingdom Hearts songs?

13. The Fuk? Dead

That could work, I have some good synth basses. Maybe we could alternate a little bit.

I was wondering this as well. Maybe something like Powerglove. I was also wondering what style we would be going for. By the sounds of this, it sounds like something like Muse, or At The Drive In, even something like Electric Light Orchestra without the older influence. I guess maybe we could exchange Messenger IDs and go over some more details?

14. TerryNirv Merlin's Housekeeper

Skype would be the best way for us to communicate.We can call each other and send files all at once and all calls are recordable

15. Stardust Chaser

That sounds good. My MSN is theplane2@live.com and my AIM is theplane2 (I rarely get on AIM so please let me know if you want me to).

Also just thought I should mention that I also play flute and alto recorder (Not the squeaky kind, though I do have a soprano as well. Alto and deeper are used a lot in baroque music). I didn't think we could use those since they're not exactly rock instruments but if we're going for an orchestra/big sound sort of feel then why not.

And just for the record, I would loveee to do a cover of Scherzo di Notte. LOVE. xD

EDIT: Oh, Skype. Mine is theplane2.

16. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

I have Skype, MSN and AIM, but I'm usually on MSN and AIM more than Skype. I'd be able to get on Skype if need be, though.

AIM: TheRevForever
    MSN: crazygerman92@hotmail.com

17. The Fuk? Dead

My Skype: john129pats

My MSN messenger: john129pats@hotmail.com

Jethro Tull had a flute player, I think it would make a great addition. An alto recorder would be very interesting as well. Does anyone know how to mix? Cause I do, but if there's someone more experienced then me, then by all means, take over. I've had about 2 years experience.

One more female vocalist would be nice.
    You should edit the first post and add this list.

And don't forget to add mastering, piano, synth, harpsichord, and strings to my name. lol

18. Xeitr The False Image Gummi Ship Junkie

i was thinking we make original music based around kingdom hearts...like the lyrical content and the overall feel to the sound

19. Stardust Chaser

Wait wait.
    So are you saying we're going to take songs from the series and add lyrics to them in our cover?
    Or create our own original music based on the themes of Kingdom Hearts?

20. Umiyuri Papaeyra Gummi Ship Junkie

So it'll be like wizard rock!

Basically, creating original music but trying to capture the feel of the Kingdom Hearts series and soundtrack, and then creating lyrics referring to the series.