Dream Drop Distance Future KH title on the 3DS?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.8: Final Chapter Prologue' started by Rho, May 28, 2010.

1. Rho Twilight Town Denizen

[Probably the best place for this, dunno.]

With the Nintendo 3DS coming out in 2011, should one of the two upcoming KH games be for the 3DS? At the rate Nomura projected, it could be a 3DS launch title or a title to be released shortly after the 3DS's release (April 2011 or so)

It's going to be a DS that can do 3D effects (like movies) without glasses.

Now, technology, I want a hologram maker.

2. jet588 Traverse Town Homebody

First of all, I lol'd at that last part. ^^

I have to admit I wouldn't mind 3D cutscenes though. And it does sound as though another handheld is working it's way to our souls.

3. Phazeun Traverse Town Homebody

Another one of those hand held devices? My, to much to keep up with. But uh, I think one game is enough for the Ds. That's just the simple way.

4. Always Dance Chaser

The 3DS isn't just going to be a new DS, like the DSi was, it's going to be an entirely new handheld system, Like the DS was to the Gameboy Advance.
    At any rate, if they do it RIGHT, i wouldn't mind seeing at all. 3D could make gummi ship battles pretty cool.

5. Phazeun Traverse Town Homebody

Really? I can't keep up with the new Ds stuff. But in that case sure!

6. Mr. Van Whippy ♥ Biscuits and cookies

Don't you think that it is a bit too early talking about this?

I agree with Bushido In The Bedroom though. If they can make it right, fine by me.

7. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

Not really. We've already had 4 Kingdom Hearts games that are canon on portable systems and yet only two have been on terestrial systems (not counting Re:Com and Final Mixes). I want another game on a terestrial system, I want to see what the Kingdom Hearts world looks like on a next-gen console godamnit! I like portable gaming and all bu as a self confessed graphics whore and someone who doesn't like straining their neck playing handheld games, I want the next to KH games to be on a system like the PS3.

8. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

it would be interesting to see kingdom hearts in 3D, but i also agree with clawtooth. theres too many games on handhelds, not enough on consoles. i suppose it really depends on which kind of 3D it is. is it the old type, which just had things jab out at you periodically, or is it the new type, like in Alice in Wonderland, which had the entire thing as 3D?

9. Vladimir Makarov Gummi Ship Junkie

Pretty much sums up my whole post. But, I would like to add something. While a 3D Kingdom Hearts game would be cool, I would prefer a PS3 Kingdom Hearts. Graphics. I'm obsessed with graphics.

10. raygel18 Merlin's Housekeeper

man if it were like that i'd be forced to buy a new handheld.. y can't they just make it in one device? man.. were not that rich to buy everything.. but still i'd like it maybe in the ps3 coz im gonna get one for christmas!

11. SquallLeonhart Merlin's Housekeeper

Texas, oh yeah i didnt joke about it! >.>
    I say stop with all the handheld releases let PS3 owners get what they want a kingdom hearts game on Th PS3

12. Kubo Kingdom Keeper

Another handheld? Nah, I remember they were saying they had problems when making 358/2 days on the DS. But if you say it's gonna be a different handhelp system, then I dunno. It's gonna be boring I believe :/
    I say PS3. It's the next logical step in the KH series.

You know what I would love though? If they made it for the Computer :D
    And add an online mode too, of course. You know, for the fun of it.

13. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

I do agree that online mode would be fun, but what's the point? Consideringthe structure of the game (Story, gameplay, etc,) there could only be a few people per room. Better would be a way to share status and % completion online.

14. Kubo Kingdom Keeper

Well, the online mode I had in mind was only gonna be for battles, you know, nothing story wise, but just PvPs and such :P
    But yeah status share and statistics would be nice.

15. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

But there's very little you can do PvP-wise in KH. I mean, once you get all of the abilities and all of the keyblades and reach level 99, there isn't much else you can do apart from farm for things to make AP Boosts etc.

16. Rho Twilight Town Denizen

Why would SE and Disney want to put a game on the system were it will sell horribly?

17. Falco Twilight Town Denizen

Horribly? I doubt it. Sony's really stepped up their game with PS3 sales as of late, I think in a year or 2, the PS3 might even be the number one console. That being said, I'd rather keep Kingdom Hearts on a Sony console.

Now on topic: I do NOT want KH to be released on any Nintendo console. I just bought 358/2, and while it is a fine game and all, It just feels weird. Unless the 3DS is released with PS2 like graphics, I'll definitely pass.

18. Rho Twilight Town Denizen

^
    So a likely KH game on the 3DS would look like KH2 graphics-wise.

19. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

I didn't really mean that. I mean, because the story revolves around certain characters, it would get confusing since there would be so little room for customization.

20. Barakon-King Traverse Town Homebody

Yes, it's been confirmed. Square Enix is making a KH game for the 3DS. That means the three games being developed now are KH3, KH Re:Coded, and the new 3DS game.