Games vs. Movies

Discussion in 'Debate Corner' started by Sorax, May 23, 2007.

?

Movies or Video Games?

1. Movies

15 vote(s)
    23.8%
  2. Video Games

48 vote(s)
    76.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PuffinBoy415 Twilight Town Denizen

I'd have to say that movies are more for people who only want to sit for an hour or two and be entertained while they do nothing at all. Those who like video games want to be involved and be enveloped into a storyline while making desicions.

2. White_Rook Looser than a wizard's sleeve.

I enjoy both with equal vigor. I like video games because of the interaction, the ability to whoop arse, and the indepth story and development that went into it all. But there are also times where I've played games to the point where I want to vomit at the sound of another game title. This of course is something that fuels my enjoyment of movies. I enjoy cinematography and the drama that is portrayed by real live people and how they adopt the psychy and personality of the characters they play. And then there's also the action and captivating footage. I'm also very picky with the movies and video games I caste my eyes on.

3. AkuseruVIII Banned

I say like I do with many higs it is an individual thing. Some movies suck (Phonebooth, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Van Hellsing etc.) and some games suck (Shadow the Hedgehog, Dynasty Warriors, Star Wars Revenge f the Sith etc.) But as a medium of entertainment they each have strong points and weak points it's more a matter of how well each individual one is made. That's my opinion except for the stuff in parentheses which is immutable fact.

4. kairi_namine__sora_roxas Traverse Town Homebody

I think video games...
    See, I play to watch cutscenes...
    But then, when just watching the cutscenes without playing, it kinda takes the entertainment out of it.
    So actually interacting with what you're viewing helps you to not get bored while watching something...

But the one thing I love most about movies and video games combined...
    Sad scenes. I'm a sucker for those. :P

But I still think anime beats both of those. :P

5. orgXIIIfan King's Apprentice

I love video games because you get to have fun and all.I had fun playing as Lucy from the Chronicles of Narnia.You get to play as your fave character,fight and fight and fight(for some movies)

Games have cutscenes which make you feel like you are playing as the character in a movie so....Video games.

6. Alpha Sonix Why so asymmetrical?

It depends if the movie or the game came out first, normally Games that are Movie suck and Movies that are Games don't have much detail because they can only do certain hours so, it's a tie I guess but Video Games because they are longer than movies.

7. Xigbar The Freeshooter

Videogames because you can't play movies.

8. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

Well for me personally- I like watching films when I'm in a lazy mood but when I want something I can really get into I enjoy a good video game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.