Gay Gene?

Discussion in 'Debate Corner' started by RoxasNoxas, May 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Repliku Chaser

There is homosexuality in the animal kingdom. Bonobos especially show quite a bit of homosexuality, though at the same time, they mate and produce offspring as well and I do not think that most are strictly homosexual but instead 'bisexual'. Female hyenas have nearly '*****es' and will have sex with one another when no male is around in mating. Male rams have been seen mounting each other, as have male deer. Two male whales were observed rubbing one another and ready to go at it. Giraffe, other apes, guinea pigs, flamingos, penguins, dogs etc. There are many examples noted of it though it tends to be not known commonly for reasons that people still want to say that being gay is a crime against nature.

This is one of the reasons though I do not feel that being gay is strictly genetic. It would be a genetic 'flaw' or 'alteration' found in some 500 species perhaps or more that have exhibited gay and bisexual behavior. If more people knew about it, perhaps the talk of being gay, bisexual etc as a freak thing would stop. Mostly anymore, the worst bashers of it are those who are zealot religious and strictly follow a dogma laid out by books that say it's against their deity. However, this kind of information is not common household knowledge even if it can be looked up on the internet and there are a couple books on the subject. People have really fought about how it's presented and some prevent it from being told as best they can.

2. the muffin man Banned

Yes ,that's correct.Besides,there's no gene that can be passed on that makes you gay.It is the environment that you live in.For example,if you got ugh let's say,2 moms or 2 dads there's a high chance that you'll become gay,because that's what you see in your everyday life.I'm not quite sure about those things in the animal kingdom...I mean,there may be some animals that have such traits,but instincts make them not to be homo or bisexual...That's what i think anywayz!^^

3. Jest Merlin's Housekeeper

It's not environmental. They've done studies on children with heterosexual parents and children with homosexual parents, and there is NO difference. It's not something you can provoke, think about how many gay kids are out there with extremely homophobic parents.

4. Patsy Stone Мать Россия

By environment I think the entire environment not just their parents. Although parents have a major effect on a child they are not the sole cause of everything. It could be experiences, the lack of something, the ratio of male to female friends *is clutching at straws* x.x

5. Repliku Chaser

I wouldn't say it's 'environmental' either really, though some minor part, that probably plays. I feel it is more of a personal thing of attraction and repulsion and hormones really. I don't feel it is 'genetic' solely either. As I've said before, I hate peas and the smell of them makes me want to barf as they boil, but my family ate them just fine and in fact some love them. I can't explain why I have this revulsion to them. I also can't explain why I like someone with tanned skin more than I do someone with a pasty complexion, or hazel eyes more than blue, or someone who is lean and muscular versus someone who has rolls of fat. Why I dislike fish smell but prefer a good steak etc. My selective things I think are great versus what will turn me away are my own, and some I can relate with my family on while others, no way.

Some of that may be caused by genetics, others by environment. I'm sure disliking country music is greatly based on environment. However, it doesn't cause me to go 'eww' and run for the hills. Also, I can look at people of the same gender and say the person is 'good looking' but I know what I'm attracted to and what I do not want either. Homosexuality, even in times where the environment loathed it and tried to bury it and kill homosexuals, has endured and it will keep doing so. It is a part of human nature to explore sex and be attracted to different things. There are some fetishes out there such as 'eaters' and 'foot fetishes', bestiality, hamsters and tubes, pedophilia, necrophilia and other things that to me are much more of a concern for people to worry about than a healthy homosexual relationship.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.