Gay Marriage: Should it be allowed

Discussion in 'Debate Corner' started by Nuff' Said, May 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaseykockroach Hollow Bastion Committee

Even if all of this is true (as an Agnostic, to say I highly doubt that is an understatement), why must people like you insist on keeping others from living the way they wish to, because of something you read in a book? What harm does gay marriage bring to you, or anyone else, as everyone has asked numerous times before?
    I ask that you give me a real answer, instead of throwing the bible at me.

2. TheMagicalMisterMistoffelees Professional Crazy

I have no proof, but riddle me this; If Jesus did not support this then why do Christians not follow the 600+ laws that Jews do.

And I'm familiar with Romans 1:26-27. While you're right about what it says about homosexuality in that it was not supposed to happen, it did. Would this make it wrong? Are the people who are "cursed" with homosexuality wrong in and of themselves? The verse you gave me is saying that homosexuality was a curse, not originally intended to happen but happened nonetheless. That does not mean that the homosexuality itself is bad, it simply means that it was penalty in creation seeing as it was not supposed to happen.So while homosexuality is not wrong, it was created by God as a fault in creation, much like genetic defects and the like. Just a part of the lives he gave us to live.

This 16-year old would like to challenge your bible with his.

3. JedininjaZC Hollow Bastion Committee

Yes your opinion has to be that being gay is natural, or else you are ignorant.
    Unnatural are you still on that? Do us all a favor and watch this video.
    If you don't get it the first time, watch it again and again until it gets through your head.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PooEhBxh0NY

It’s in the bible, in exodus 21:2-11 I believe; although I did not see anything about shellfish.
    Most humans have trouble depicting right from wrong.
    Right=equal rights for all. Wrong=slavery, and discrimination.
    Yeah killing thousands in a flood and then not killing bigots is really serving justice to the world isn't it?

Well then maybe you should open your ears to what we have to say then.

Thanks, but we already covered the subject of that what people want people get; which was dismissed because it is a illogical argument to the supporters of Gay marrige. We are not using it anymore, so don't bring it up.
    Also it might help you if you read all of the post before and after yours in this thread.

4. lexamus Twilight Town Denizen

Ok I'm getting tired of this Debate so I'll end saying this....

In Conclusion, I believe gay is unnatural....that's what I believe...however if gay people want to get married...I don't give a bull's ass...they can get married if they want to...the only reason I posted here is to say my opinion on gay marriage...isn't that what debates are about? Hearing both sides of the story.

Jesus and Jews is another story...which I would be happy to talk about..but people are getting pissed off and I bet hating me...which makes me kinda uncomfortable....

homosexuality is bad (in my point of view) ....there is actually a chapter that talks about Prohibited Unions....however i forgot where the chapter was so I'll search for it later...

For all gay people reading this....If U wanna live like Ur living right now...do it...I really don't care...I just wanted to give the point of view of the christians....and the gov't might have different reasons for not allowing gay marriage...IDK....I don't influence the gov't in any way (or do I? lol JK)

5. TheMagicalMisterMistoffelees Professional Crazy

lexamus, I'd appreciate it if you didn't describe it as the christian point of view. I'm Christan and I most certainly do not believe that.

6. lexamus Twilight Town Denizen

Fine...My Church's point of view...there...happy?

7. JedininjaZC Hollow Bastion Committee

Conclusion?? You didn't even write the arguments from the debate.
    Observe
    Hypothesis
    Experiment
    Results
    Conclusion

You missed a whole step there cowboy.

Nope, I have never been happy.

8. kaseykockroach Hollow Bastion Committee

You're still using a book for your arguments instead of providing legit points? As a 13 year old, you obviously have much to learn.

9. lexamus Twilight Town Denizen

ummm I'm not watching that video....I believe its unnatural and that's how I stay....and no I have different opinions as U....so I don't have to think the same way as U....and if protecting my beliefs is ignorant...then so be it...I'm ignorant

10. JedininjaZC Hollow Bastion Committee

Wow is your head so filled up with hard core christian ideas that you can't watch a five minute video on how you might be wrong?
    Its called expanding your view point to see through the eyes of others.
    You should try exercising with your chakras, it would really help you.

11. Hayabusa Venomous

This debate should have ended with Repliku's post.

12. TheMagicalMisterMistoffelees Professional Crazy

All debates should end where Repliku posts. Doesn't mean they do.

13. JedininjaZC Hollow Bastion Committee

It should have, but someone had corn in there ears.
    Besides we are almost done anyway.

14. kaseykockroach Hollow Bastion Committee

So, ignore any other belief by refusing to watch the video and attempt to actually learn something, and stick to your ideas you learned from a book (EDIT: Darn, Ninjaz beat me to the punch!)?
    And yes, you are ignorant. We need no reminder.

15. Hayabusa Venomous

True...

Anyway, lexamus, please shut up. You're giving Christians even more a bad name then we already have. Jesus taught open minded-ness, yet you seem to go completely against that.

16. lexamus Twilight Town Denizen

I repeat again....I don't give a bull's ass if gay people get married or not....I just posted MY opinion

17. JedininjaZC Hollow Bastion Committee

The winners of this debate were the people who were open-minded!:D
    Thats all folks!!!

18. P Banned

Isn't God perfect? If God wrote the bible, why do we get imperfections such as "the world is flat"? If God is perfect, how can he suddenly change from "Stab out his eye!" to "I forgive you for killing me."? That's a rather large moral shift. A massive one. How can a perfect deity change its mind? It is not human, it does not make mistakes or errors, it is perfect from the start.

"No animal shall kill another without just cause."

I see no similar amendment to the bible. I only see "Thou shall not kill". At least Orwell's pigs had the sense to add in that last part.

Samson? God granted him strength at the last moment so he could pull down a building and kill everyone inside, including himself. That's suicide, and not protecting anyone.

Read it again. God hardened Pharaoh's heart so he would call them back, so god would have a reason to use his power so he would be worshipped. The Pharaoh wanted to release them, but god interfered and stopped him. Also, is killing every Egyptian firstborn really kind and benevolent? The whole Egyptian race wasn't stopping them, only the Pharaoh was refusing them freedom. So all the firstborns die, and the Pharaoh is left alive? Lets have punishment where it belongs please.

Clearly your deity is misguided, and is not a fair being.

I would cure because I love the entire human race without fault. All loving implies that. It's not just a fancy title. Considering it was god who created the diseases, I would say that a bit of cure is fair. And what about now? There are Christians who die everyday from painful diseases. If Jesus or god is always with us, why do they die in that way? How is that just or fair?

In short, even if the bible is 100% fact, I don't care for it or god. Satan sounds like a much more civilized person than your Kill 'em All god. So I support homosexual relationships having the same rights as normal ones.

19. lexamus Twilight Town Denizen

well that's just sad....giving christians a bad name? U know forget it....I try giving my opinion and people tell me to shut up and calling me arrogant....wow I thought this was free country....its sad how the world completely changes....God gives U life and a place to live.....and yet U think he doesn't exist and ignore his teachings....if god didn't exist...why would we be here...all of U tell me...what's Ur purpose in life?

20. kaseykockroach Hollow Bastion Committee

In a debate like this, there are no winners. Only when gay marriage is fully allowed in this country can we consider it a win. =/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.