Gay Marriage

Discussion in 'Debate Corner' started by jiisan813, Apr 17, 2010.

1. nasirrich King's Apprentice

I'll end you on the spot so watch your six
    Man this is still going? Hahahaha great how perfect

Ok so for those of you who got a problem with same sex marriage get this. Being in college you see and experience a lot of things. And this actual came into play in a argument outside because they were picking on a gay kid. One of my homies so I was going to step in until he said this to the straight guy. AND IT WAS PERFECT SINCE HE WAS A SWAG KID!!!! STUPID SWAG KID

Ok so the swag kid goes to say oh I get more girls then you, I'm more respected and don't have to hide who I am. (You're a complete waste of space if you think having swag means anything. Girls like stuff like that because the lack of a good fatherly figure.)(Not to any girl on here this is just at where I live, and the college I got to =.=) I got more numbers then you do, more friends, party more and got a bad girl.(He said the other word, but I'm not putting that on here screw that.)

So my homie goes like this. How's your relationship?
    *Dead silence* And what's ever worse is that its snowing and cold so wow that was a heavy hit.
    Swag Kid stumbling on his words and that cocky feel he had was gone. So this mark says, but being gay(He said the f version of that word so I'll just put gay.) is a sin in a bible, and you don't even have a stable relationship with your parents. Having to hide who you are making your dad ashamed and mother confused. This mark starts laughing think he hit a nerve
    My homie then goes not only did my father not have a problem with this he has been supporting me the entire time. My mother has also been very supportive from the start.
    DAMN!!!!! WHAT HAPPENED DOG I THOUGHT YOU WERE NICE!?!?! THAT SWAG WEARING OFF!?!?! Bum ass mark.
    And get this Kh him and his boyfriend have been dating for pretty much 4 years now. Completely stable and both parents who are about that religious life have no problem with this. He told me his parents said to him they thank god for allowing them to have such an amazing sweet, caring, kind, intelligent child. Not that many people are lucky to see their child go off to college and become independent. So how is it that you have this book and followed to by heart and yet they have a gay son and think nothing of it?

Because you see they are happy and could never be more proud of their son. What can anyone of you accomplish by spitting out anything from the bible when you have no experience around this kind of stuff? Yea you can put all these facts show you really do hug the bible and say quotes from this and that verse, but you are forgetting the most important thing. My homie home slice is a person. No matter what he chooses to do with his life he is still a human being so what gives you the right to say he is wrong for who he loves? Who are you again? Are you god? Oh wait you can die, you aren't all knowing, you spew out information like it makes you cool or something, but yet you are unhappy.

How is this even possible I mean you follow the bible, straight, making good choices, and seem to unhappy. The funny thing about gay is it means happy and seeing those couples the guy guy girl girl they seem to be nothing but happy. Only fear because even in this land where you will not be judged on religion, sexuality complex(If that's right not sure if I put that word in proper use.) foreign to this country completely, and have different beliefs you will not be persecuted/ prosecuted in this one. Well I guess being happy here is a problem because people will do anything just to see someone else sad helping them become happy. Shut up already

Oh right so to end the story how the fight ended was me going like.... OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU WERE TALKING SO MUCH SH** AND GOT YOU NO WHERE. AND YOU HAVE SWAG WOW YOU SUCK!!!!!
    *The guys starts laughing* You're cool with a gay kid wow you're gay?
    How does that even make any sense? You think because I'm cool with one means I'll use that as an excuse saying Oh I support gays cause I'm cool with one. No see those people are worse then those who got a problem with other people being gay. I'm friends with this guy because he stays real all the time. Has nothing to lie about or hide because he's openly gay so being comfortable with that and on a debate team where he talks to the public all the time. That's someone to look up to because at times I hate it when people know I watch anime. That means I'm fake for not showing what I love, and have to hide it because of the fear of what others think. F**k that only cowards, and tough guys are like that and refuse to be one of those.

Yea well what ever man you're not as cool as I thought you were.*Swag kid walks off.*
    *Me and my homie start dying at him for how stupid, and completely terrible he was.* The swag kids a mark I'm down for the bullsh** we can do it.

2. Hiro ✩ Guardian

I don't see anything wrong with it. I was raised Christian, and still see nothing wrong with it. The Bible doesn't dictate everyone's lives, just those who decide to let it. Two women have as much right to be together as two men or a man and a woman. It's love, human nature. Sure, it's different, but is it not love just because it's the same sex? I disagree with that. The only wayto stop human nature is to kill off humans.

So no, I don't believe it's wrong, I believe it's different, yet the same.

3. Plums Wakanda Forever

first post here wish me luck senpai

Gonna start this off with:

Pretty much this. Granted, my parents aren't really strict in regards to religion (and I've accepted I'm Agnostic), but yeah. Love shouldn't be restricted by the capability to reproduce. Much like muff monkey said here,

You don't have to have sex when you get married. You don't have to wait until your married to have a lot of it (responsibly). While the Bible does praise and teach a traditional marriage, these values change with time. It's a bit like fashion; you don't see men dressed in stocking riding in a carriage going through the center of town anymore. As time goes on, the way people do things and value change and evolve.

In those days of old, I doubt we would see as high a divorce rate as we currently have now. If gays are going to be condemned from marriage, shouldn't we also condemn these people who willingly break it and stop reproducing with each other after vowing to God to be together forever?

This. To say that our only purpose is to hook up and make BOBIES pretty much negates all the significant, life altering inventions, movements and decisions in our lives, lol.

4. Splodge Twilight Town Denizen

I don't see anything wrong with gay marriage. It is proven that even some animals are gay, there is a type of lizard(I forget the name)and every one of them is a female. Don't ask questions, but their biology works so that they can have lesbian sex and that the offspring is a clone of the mother. Gay is perfectly fine by my books, some beliefs shouldn't limit that.

5. woodstockfootball26 Traverse Town Homebody

I'm confused on where I said "they" get married.

6. Patman Bof

I' m confused as to what you said period. You just made the huge assumption that God placed animals here to reproduce which, even if that' s true (good luck proving that), so ****ing what ? What does it have to do with gay marriage ?

[​IMG]

7. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

I don't mind it. It doesn't really bother me. Though it does bother me that most males act like females which is very awkward on my end. I guess I'm just neutral. I don't care either way.

8. Doukuro Chaser

Taking this chance to say that defining how one should act based on their gender is rather closed minded. (not to say you are closed minded, just I believe that opinion is.) What does it mean exactly to 'act like a female'? The answer varies nearly every time but I think there really shouldn't be an answer at all. How people act shouldn't be based on what gender they identity as.

Being neutral is good though, at least compared to being against it.

9. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

I can't help that. It's like having a person walk on their hands all around town rather than their feet. It cant help be awkward even a little. (Probably not a good comparison) what I mean when I say act like female I mean with hand gestures and how they can talk. It just feels a little out of place to me. Is it not reasonable to feel like that?

10. Doukuro Chaser

Some things can't be helped and it's understandable, most seems to be just what people have been used to growing up. I didn't mean to sound like 'that's wrong and you should change it now' so sorry if I came off that way. I suppose I really took the chance to say it as it's been something on my mind as of late and bothers me, so only reason why I said it there. Not because I think you're in the wrong. So I apologize again. And so long as it is only an awkward feeling and not you being like 'no you're male so act like it' of course it is reasonable.

(I'm also really bad at wording things but I hope this is understandable...)

11. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

Nah you 're fine. I probably should have explained better myself. =)

12. 61 No. B

I have a couple gay friends and none of them act that way. One I never would have guessed in a million years till he said it, though I suppose it may have been close-minded of me to assume that I wouldn't have known otherwise.

That said, it does make me feel weird. Not because it's a gay person, and not because it's not masculine. It's just different, and it's reasonable to feel weird around something that is not typical of what you can expect from a person. I wouldn't think any less of them as a person, though perhaps there would be a hint of curiosity as to why that person feels the need to carry themselves that way.

There is this one gay guy at my school who I used to be friends with (I haven't talked to him in a long time) and he used the same kind of hand gestures and carried himself with the same kind of posture your'e describing, and it made me feel all kinds of weird. He was still an alright guy though.
    Admittedly, part of me feels like that maybe some gay guys who carry themselves in such a way do so because that's how they view gay people, and so they're actions are a reflection of that, and I think that's ridiculous. You shouldn't limit yourself to acting a certain way to conform to a sub-culture that you're a part of for reasons that don't have to do with mannerisms. If that's how you are, fine, but don't act that way just by virtue of being gay.
    I hope no one is offended by this post, that's not my intention.

13. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

I feel the same way. I really don't know what is in the mind of gay males so I cant know for sure why they do it... I don't know if its forced out or unintentional. I always thought that if the males never acted feminine like women then maybe they would be excepted better. Not that I care I just think that's what most people in the world. I think people pay more attention to that side of them then anything. I could be wrong.

14. Amaury Legendary Hero

I'll admit -- and, like you, I mean no offense with this post -- that because it's pretty much fact that there are more heterosexuals out there than homosexuals and lesbiansexuals (made the word up -- not sure what they're called) in the world, I always play it safe and assume people are heterosexual.

Out of all the friends I've made at every school I've gone to, there was only one that was gay, and that was at the first elementary school I went to.
    • Elementary: First - fifth grade
    • Elementary II: I chose to repeat the fifth grade at another school.
    • Junior high: Sixth grade and part of seventh grade
    • High school: Freshman (ninth grade) through senior (12th grade).

As for homosexuals that act feminine, maybe it's because that's what the heterosexuals that are homophobic made them out to be?

15. Patman Bof

My guess would be that it' s a mix of nature and nurture, they probably chose it as much as they chose their accent or their handedness. Our culture enforces right handedness as forcefully as gender behaviors, yet there are still many lefties around. I sometimes have finger mannerism. Although I can repress it if I choose to if it hadn' t been brought to my attention I wouldn' t even have noticed. If they' re like me it' s not something they chose, it' s something they can' t or chose not to repress.

16. Pinekaboo Chaser

I'd just like to point out that Homosexual refers to one who is romantically and sexually interested in the same sex. It does not differenciate between whether the one in question is male or female; it refers to sexuality only. Being lesbian is the same as being gay. That's why many lesbians refer to themselves as gay.

Also, judging how many homo- and bi-sexuals you know based on your school days, where most people have not matured enough to the point where they are aware of sexuality at all, is completely and utterly illogical.

Lastly, on the subject of feminine homosexuals, it's just how people are. You get camp gays, camp straights, camp bis, "straight" gays, "straight" straights, "straight" bis, and everything else. Personality doesn't really reflect sexuality unless you make it, in which case it's probably not your true personality.

17. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

What does the word "camp" mean? I keep hearing that and I don't know what that means.

18. Amaury Legendary Hero

Thank you.

True. However, I also counted junior high and high school; by students' first year at high school (ninth grade), they definitely know what sexuality is.

Could you elaborate?
    • What are camp gays?
    • What are camp straights?
    • What are camp bis?
    • What are "straight" gays?
    • What are "straight" straights?
    • What are "straight" bis?

19. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

Camp refers to the men acting in an stereotypical effeminate way, usually the way homosexual men are seen. Being effeminate or 'camp' does not determine sexuality, it is a personality trait not a sexuality one

20. Amaury Legendary Hero

So, basically, some heterosexual males will act like they're homosexual, but are heterosexual?

Am I understanding you correctly, PAW?