Girlfriend Charged for Encouraging Depressed Boyfriend to Commit Suicide

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Amaury, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Amaury Legendary Hero

The only thing I'm not sure of is if he's actually dead or still alive. There are some things in the link below that say RIP and the last text message implies he did it, but it's not totally clear. If he did, it doesn't really say how he did it, but I just hope it wasn't painful. (Note: Obviously, I'm not condoning suicide, so please do not take that the wrong way. I'm just saying that no death, regardless of cause, should be painful.)

My condolences go out to his family either way, and to him if he's still alive. Nobody should have to battle depression.

• Source: Bizzarepedia
    • Published: August 25, 2015

https://www.bizarrepedia.com/charged-with-suicide/

2. Iskandar King of Conquerors

That's a bit messed up in more ways than 1. Not really much I can say for this one besides that girl is completely crazy and should be put behind bars for her own sake and others. And of course parents deny what their daughter did, that's not a surprise.

3. Laurence_Fox Chaser

The girl has Narcissistic Personality Disorder.(Not sure if she's been officially diagnosed and I'm not a licensed psychologist/psychiatrist.) But she does exhibit the signs. She lacked empathy for her boyfriend's situation. She was definitely rude and abusive toward him. She wants attention. She wants the spotlight on her at all times. And what better way to get attention than to be a grieving girlfriend? But a personality disorder does not mean that she's excused from her actions. She still knows the difference between right and wrong.

There's a part in the court documents where it says that Conrad got out of his truck with the generator and Michelle told him to get back in. She kept goading him to do it. He was making attempts to have regular conversations with her and yet she'd always be 'When are you gonna do it? It's gotta be tonight'.

And if a depressed person with suicidal thoughts hears the underlying message of 'Why don't you just kill yourself? The world would be better off and you'd be in a better place.' Then it just kind of eats away at their will to live. She might not have outright said it but she unquestioningly goaded him into it and made sure he went through with it. He kind of sounded like he didn't want to go through with it. Because a suicidal person usually won't worry about what will happen to their family or friends.

As for her parents denying that their daughter did a crime, a person with a Personality Disorder wouldn't necessarily act like one might expect. And she wouldn't have sought out a therapist because this is her personality. 'Yeah, she acts up towards us every now and again. But what teenager doesn't?' And there's a heavily stigma toward the field of psychology because no one wants to admit that there's a problem and that they might need something to help them with it. The parents might not want to admit that there's something wrong with their daughter. There's a whole slew of what ifs and mights and maybes.