Girls VS. Boys: Who's More Superior?

Discussion in 'Debate Corner' started by .:BookWorm:., Feb 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. .:BookWorm:. Destiny Islands Resident

I haven't really seen a topic about this, so I started one.

Well, a two days ago, I went and hanged out at my friends house because they were having a party or just a small get-together and two of my little sister friends, Tray and Zay, were getting a lecture from another friend, Ricky, about how women are more better then boys. What I heard was because Tray and Zay were disrespecting their mother by saying, "My mother hates me because she makes me clean." Or, "My mom doesn't love me, she makes me do my homework and keep me from having fun."

So, they needed a lecture.

Pretty much what I heard from Ricky is, "If it wasn't for women then a lot of guys in the world wouldn't be who they are today and MOST of the guys wouldn't be born." Then he got into the whole topic about birth. O.o

That's why I started this topic.
    Who do you think is more superior: Guys or Girls? And why?

Me, honestly, I don't care. xD​

2. childofturin Why?

I think the whole issue is skewed. No one HAS to be superior. The 2 genders are jsut different, and there are many people on both sides who, if they could not be seen, would be taken for the opposite gender (effeminate men and manly women). I personally refuse to see it as a contest, but as a partnership.

If it wasn't for men, a lot of women wouldn't have been born. Both genders need each other.

3. Inasuma "pumpkin"

lol I laughed at this a little.

Clearly both are superior in their own ways. For instance women are hot, men are not. Men can drive, women can not. Shall I go on?

4. daxma Hei Long: Unrivalled under the Heavens

Personally i think that there is no suprior when it comes to gender.

5. Radiowave ITSA PIIINCH

lol.

But seriously, there is no superior gender. Maybe if you look at it from a societal standpoint, you could argue that women are oppressed compared to men...

but physically, potentially, etc. no gender could continue without the other. Otherwise humans would have just evolved to one gender a long time ago.

6. Juicy Chaser

Both are superior to each other depending on the matter.

Sure, some can say "there are more signifcant men in the world", but thats only because woman were and still ARE oppressed.

7. gintasthebest Traverse Town Homebody

I say girls. We go through things that boys wouldn't be able to, like giving birth.

8. Cyanide King's Apprentice

Hey guys, wanna hear a joke?

The 19th amendment.

But no, seriously? Both genders are good at different things. Men tend to be stronger physically, women tend to live longer, etc. You need both to keep a species alive (well, there are a few cases of parthenogenesis in nature, but I'm sure they're pretty rare). You can't really say one is superior or inferior to the other.

If we can't experience it, how do you know we wouldn't be able to handle it?

9. riku lover Banned

Neither. Both are equally superior. Without girls, no more babies, without boys, nothing to help make more babies.

10. childofturin Why?

That's a class A statement/response thar!

It's unfair to compare things that can never happen, barring some freakishly obscene genetic experimentation. If men cannot do something that women can (giving birth), then why compare the two? Men might actually be able to handle it better because of all the adrenaline coursing through our veins (it helps block pain).

11. Ultimecia sorceress

Girls need boys to be able to even give birth :D

12. Shizzy Gummi Ship Junkie

I'd say guys, but then I'd be afraid my girlfriend would see this (unlikely, she's never heard of this sit D8) so er... equal.

13. Blademaster Mai'kel Hollow Bastion Committee

Anyone who says either gender is basically sexist, imo.

Equal.

14. Catch the Rain As the world falls down ♥

I agree with this.

I think of both genders being relatively equal, true their on some things that males have been proven to be better at, but then there are also things that girls are better at =)

It is cheap to pull the "men dun hav baybees so gurls r da beta wons" because as has already been stated, how do we know they couldn't handle it since they can't experience it? Just like how men say women can't drive, that is bullshit.

I personally actually feel kind of sorry for guys that they wont ever be able to give birth you know, because it is one of the things that makes a bond between mother and baby stronger (the majority of the time anyways).

I think I read somewhere once that men make better pilots than women. Apparently women have a higher pain tolerance though.

We both need each other to survive and unless you live as a male and then somehow as a female at a different time then you can't say that one is better because we never experience both. Even people who have sex change operations can never really fully understand the gender they moved to.

15. Firefly Hollow Bastion Committee

Overall, I agree that neither gender's superior. And neither should be.
    History just gave too many men the impression that they were, but at least things are changing.

16. Bond of Flame I'm an alien

How about this: both are superior. We just boss each other around a bit :bounce:

17. Repliku Chaser

Males and females, to me, can't so easily be divided into what they are 'good' at just because of a gender issue. Though men can easier gain muscle mass for strength and women tend to be more flexible and dexterous, it's not always the case and I've seen plenty of dexterous men and muscular women. Also, by genetics, men born to a couple will tend to be taller while the women will be shorter. However, over the years, with couplings as they have been, females have grown considerably taller and I see some that are quite a bit taller than me and I'm 6'1.

Physically and mentally there are also large differences between males themselves or females themselves. I can see men who aren't active, who aren't what anyone would consider particularly smart and who can't seem to survive on their own. I see this with women too. There are traits people who love stereotypes try to apply to one gender that I see in both, such as passive aggressive behavior, guilting the other gender, abusiveness, caring about appearance, hating oneself, arrogance, gender bias, cheating, stubbornness, being dependent, over-emotional, drama-queens, selfish, etc. There are chemical differences in males and females, but obviously not as many as people think when it comes to adaptation to environments.

We aren't all the same, but I just cannot feel that people can safely determine how a male or female will turn out just because of the gender of the person. With the freedom of women happening, more women have shown they are very capable, thinkers, and can do many things that were typically at one time thought to be a man's duties. Also, with women's freedoms, men have also shown that they can learn and enjoy doing activities that were formerly assigned to women and do them well. In the end, there are thinkers, athletes, martial artists, scientists, teachers, cooks, etc of both genders and those that excel shouldn't be considered great by gender, but instead greatly gifted as a human being. Then there are those males and females who are not so productive with their lives and/or are unable to find their niches in society.

So, in the end, I consider males and females on the whole as humans and that there are some out of both genders who excel and then there's the vast majority of us that do alright, and then there's the other part where all are male and female jokes and stereotypes come from. We're all pretty equal in that regard.

18. Styx That's me inside your head.

I agree that there is no general superior sex but both males and females have their specialties. There are quite a bit of differences actually but I think they cancel eachother out eventually.

On a side note, parthenogenesis is not all that rare in nature but it's more common in some less-known animal phyla (e.g. rotifers). Know that these species manage just fine without males! In other words, in some species the female is indeed superior. Then again, how can they be, if there is no other gender to be superior to?
    The opposite case, cases of animal groups where the female gender doesn't exist, has never been found that I know of.

19. childofturin Why?

If you're talking about asexual reproduction, then yes, it's incredibly rare, and practically unheard of in higher animals (fish, mammals, reptiles, birds, insects). Mostly, asexuality (word? Maybe not) is in bacteria and other microscopic life. There are certain species, probably the most famous being the frogs mentioned in Jurassic Park, that can change sex at need (not necessarily at will), so in those cases, there is even less of a distinction than in humans.

And of course, in a great many ape species, they have sexual dimorphism, where the more "important" gender will be larger, sometimes significantly larger, than the lesser, mostly mes being larger than females. Any size differences in humans, as small as they are, are holdouts from our pre-human ancestry (All the Australopithecenes and some of the early Homo genuses (erectus, heidelbergensis) had dimorphism)

20. Xaale Sylph of Hope

Honestly, no one is superior. I find this thread a little sexist, especially if someone says a certain sex IS more superior. We may tend to do different things, or act different ways, but we are overall equal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.