god existing vs god not existing

Discussion in 'Debate Corner' started by Nuff' Said, Apr 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nuff' Said Banned

Science explains what has been proved and religion explains the unexplained.

The bible is basically the most popular historical fiction book.

2. tSG1 Chaser

I think god does not exist, from a scientific standpoint. God is only for belief, and to give people hope. I'm any religion :).

3. *Hippie Jesus* "I get online and notice I have E-mail I click my

Between the area where your parent's have sex
    To be honest I think he existed at one point of time only a bit exaggerated. Way back when I'm sure one guy questioned his existence and decided to call himself the creator and people believed him. Something like that. "hey guess what I made your shoes" -NO WAI!-

All religions I'm sure started out someway like that because different religions are focused more in certain regions in the world.

That is my extremely summed up theory.

4. White_Rook Looser than a wizard's sleeve.

Sadly, what you think represents nothing in terms of a "scientific standpoint". There simply isn't an approach to proving or disproving a god. The problem is simply too big to operationalize. However, this doesn't mean that it will never be possible to prove the existence of a god. Which is why it is arrogant to assume full-on existence or complete non-existence. You can believe and have faith, but this doesn't make it so.

5. kaseykockroach Hollow Bastion Committee

Alright, answer me this, religious folks: What good has religion ever brought to society, that couldn't have been achieved through any other means? After suffering another persecution over MSN over my beliefs, I must ask this question. Religion has brought forth countless wars, death, violence, persecution of the innocent.... What has showing off one's religious beliefs done to justify all that, among many other things?

6. P Banned

Religion has helped people to find direction in their lives and better themselves. It gave explanatons for the unexplained, and it bonded nations together for one goal. It became a tool used to disipline people where the law failed, and it has helped society progress.

Now time to drop it, as we don't need such trainer wheels anymore and can find our way in the world without a god.

7. kaseykockroach Hollow Bastion Committee

Again, with the exception of "where law failed", all of those could be accomplished without religion. I meant something good religion has brought that in no way could not be accomplished in any other way.

8. tSG1 Chaser

Ish.

Being a more sciency person myself, i tend not to believe/dont care whether god actually does exist.

However, i still think that a higher being existing in the world is likely, however, since there has been no scientific evidence so far, nothings happening.

9. TheMagicalMisterMistoffelees Professional Crazy

Also, I'd like to point out
    All other attempts at this ended badly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.