god existing vs god not existing

Discussion in 'Debate Corner' started by Nuff' Said, Apr 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NarutoSuperKubii Chaser

but there is allways a reason

2. Patsy Stone Мать Россия

The ignorance in this thread is causing me physical pain. Some people need to listen in school, or perhaps go to a school that actually teaches real science. WE HAVE LOGIC FOR A REASON, TO BE USED.

3. JedininjaZC Hollow Bastion Committee

Evolution is a fact, there is too much evidence to regard it as myth; unless your are blinded by faith.

4. lexamus Twilight Town Denizen

well people have the choice to either believe or not believe...and I choose to believe :D

ewww....D: not this again

5. JedininjaZC Hollow Bastion Committee

But why not believe in somthing logical? Why do you choose something with a lack of logic over something logical?

6. childofturin Why?

Yea, and we might not actually breath air, but a previously unknown substance that is undetectable! And even better - it's not gravity which holds us down, but something even more inexplicable! /sarcasm

We have an reason that explains everything. Why assume it's something we haven't found yet? Ever hear of Occam's Razor?
    If we have an explanation, why go looking for another?

^QFT

No star in the universe could be big enough to spread radiation across the entire universe without collapsing into a black hole large enough to swallow the entire universe. And no supernova has ever been big enough to spread radiation top another star, let alone across the universe. Trust me. I have taken multiple college-level astronomy courses. I can't say I understand the math completely, but I do know the fundamentals.

7. NarutoSuperKubii Chaser

wheres the proof >.>

8. lexamus Twilight Town Denizen

Well I have a testimony, and I'm not saying it here cause people are gonna laugh at it or say its false..and it will make me angry and say nonsense lol....but if U wanna hear it I will be happy to VM it to you...

9. Patsy Stone Мать Россия

The evidence is available for you to read and digest. In this information age there is no excuse for ignorance. The only causes of ignorance these days are laziness and close-mindedness.

What's your reason?

10. childofturin Why?

Read the rest of the thread! All links to the proof have been provided!

Or how about this - once you get into college, you will get all the proof you will ever need. Take an intro to Anthropology course, an Astronomy course, and a few basic science courses, and you'll have all the proof you'll ever need and more.

11. NarutoSuperKubii Chaser

i'll hold u on to that

12. childofturin Why?

I'm an Anthro major. I can swear to you, on everything I hold dear, that the classes I mentioned have all the information you'll ever need and more on this topic. Now, as I've said, if you want to believe that God started the whole shebang, and even if you want to believe that he interferes to this day, that's jsut fine, but don't neglect the physical evidence for evolution and the dawn of the universe that has even convinced the Pope.

13. NarutoSuperKubii Chaser

but i dont actually want to be 100% sure tho cause sometimes its not a good thing in my opinon

14. JedininjaZC Hollow Bastion Committee

Ah, I see so what your saying is you don't want to lean to one side more than the other, because you are afraid that once you leave the the center that it will be nearly impossible to convince yourself that the other viewpoint might be right.

15. NarutoSuperKubii Chaser

well im kinda in between i think its right and i think its wrong

16. TheMagicalMisterMistoffelees Professional Crazy

GOOOOOD PARTICLE :lolface:
    Are you experts on this subject? NO.
    So the holes in the Big Bang Theory are different from the holes in Creationism?
    Well, there is the absence of the missing link up until now. I myself don't believe that that fossil is the missing link but I'd rather not get into a debate about that since childofturin would most likely kick my ass. Point is, there is still a hole in the theory of evolution which means that it can be said as extremely possible and very probable but scientifically cannot be said as an irrefutable fact.

17. childofturin Why?

:D:D:D:D

Quite true, we do not know everything about evolution. However, we know a lot more about it (and the big bang) than we do about God.

18. JedininjaZC Hollow Bastion Committee

We have fossils, we win.
    Edit: weren't we supposed to be talking about God?

19. childofturin Why?

hmmm, was that what this topic was about...? Whaddya know? Well, we're still kinda on the topic of evidence against him...

20. TheMagicalMisterMistoffelees Professional Crazy

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.