Sony Gravity Rush HD AND Gravity Rush 2 Announced

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by libregkd, Sep 15, 2015.

1. libregkd -

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
  2. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

I knew this was coming, but damn after watching the trailers I'm so excited for this! I tend not to get hyped by games anymore, but my favourite Vita game on the PS4? (Perhaps one of my favourite games in the past few years) Yes please! And the fact that the first game comes out fairly soon after the Japanese release is a nice bonus. Day one purchase, no questions.

You know, it's just [​IMG] exciting.

The Remaster it looking pretty fine on the PS4. Hopefully with it being on the PS4 it'll fix some of the controls/camera maneuvering - those being my only gripes, and really after some practice they weren't a huge issue. But Gravity Daze 2 is looking gorgeous! And it looks like they've added a few new features, notably some costume accessories which I figure are power ups of a sort. At one point in the trailer you see Kat actually flying through the air without transforming rather than falling through it which she has to transform for. It'll be interesting to see what new abilities she'll gain. And it's nice to see Raven back. I'm hoping she'll play a big role in this game too.

I've been reading a few comments about the second game not being on the Vita, and there's a few angry folk out there which I can understand. It was one of the reasons I bought a Vita, and it's definitely one of the best games for it. But if I was to be honest, I think it'd play better on the PS4. The Dual Analog sticks should make it easier to play, especially with the sliding. Which took ages to master on the Vita! I know folk would disagree with me but I'm happy they moved from the Vita to the PS4. Even though I love my Vita I just think it'd do better on the PS4.

3. libregkd -

4. Arch Mana Knight

Really excited for this. I'm amazed at how good Gravity Rush 2 looks. I'm hoping we can see more than just Kat and Raven with powers though. Or maybe because Raven's still hanging around we might get a permanent ally? I dunno. Still haven't seen enough to really speculate anything other than the fact that we know the game will look and sound great.

5. Arch Mana Knight

Woo. A good deal of info about Gravity Rush 2 has come out. Just gonna paste this nice chunk...

■ Story

[​IMG]

In the aerial city of Hekseville, reconstruction is progressing after the new weapons incident caused by the former mayor D’nelica.

After a strange gravity wave disturbance was observed, the gravity princess Kat begins an investigation with her shifter partner Raven, and Syd, a police officer.

Kat senses something strange and the area is hit by a gravity storm on an unprecedented scale. The three investigators are sucked into a gravitational whirlpool before even getting a chance to use their powers.

[​IMG]

A remote, alternate dimension. Kat was engulfed by the gravity storm and finds herself in Banga Village, where people mine gravity ores amongst ruins for a living.

Separated from Dusty, the cat who gives her the power to manipulate gravity, Kat is without special powers, and spends each day doing hard labor in the mines.

One day she heads to work with Syd, who found himself in the same village, and a type of Nevi they’ve never seen before—called a “black insect” in this world—appears. The two are in deep trouble, but then…

■ Characters

Kat

[​IMG]

A girl who lost her memories. She saves the aerial city Hekseville from a gravity storm attack, and its people endear her as a gravity princess.

Raven

[​IMG]

A girl who used to be Kat’s rival, but now appears as her partner.

Syd

[​IMG]

A police officer who resolved a number of incidents with Kat. But he’s also a troublemaker that invites unrest.

■ Stage

[​IMG]

A bright and bustling town where you can feel the vitality of its citizens.

■ Action

[​IMG]

A new dimension of gravitational action.

With your new power, face the threat that stands in your way, and discover the fate that awaits Kat.

Source: Gematsu

6. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

Syd is the only one with a new costume lol. Here's hoping for some nice DLC in GR2 that gives Kat a nice wardrobe. Raven is still looking fabulous. <3

Dusty's lost again? Kat really ought to get a leash for him. It'll be interesting to see where the story will go and what we'll learn of Kat's background.

Pretty sure you guys have seen it but there's a Collector's edition of the Remaster coming out.

[​IMG]

Game, Figma, DLC (Think it's a PS4 theme) and some artwork. It sold out like hotcakes lol. Managed to snag what I believe was the last one off Amazon jp. I'm slightly worried that they might say they don't have enough . D:

I've also heard something about an animation project but no word on what exactly it is, whether its a series or just an OVA. An OVA seems more likely but we'll see. Perhaps bundled with the second game.

7. Shuhbooty moon child

I noticed this game in passing, when I was looking for a vista/vida. its hard to background on consoles and their games after a few years when newer gens. come out. But I've been so excited for this game and a handful of others. And knowing there is a second game coming, I'm soooo ready for it. I can play the first one, one the console intended and so forth with this one. :3

8. reptar REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

So the only ok exclusive title on the Vita is now getting a better version on the PS4? and its not getting the sequel?
    Well I already knew but now its concrete the Vita was a complete waste of my time and money.

I mean I get the shift, the Vita is doomed and it makes no sense to make games for it so w/e.

9. Arch Mana Knight

Fun times await.

10. libregkd -

11. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

12. libregkd -