Guardian's Saviors: Episode Auburn

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Aelin, Mar 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aelin Best Waifu

"No." Auburn sat up a bit and looked at him. "No one else wants me. I don't want to be alone." She told him. She just didn't want to move on like her parents never existed either. That was what scared her the most about it all. How did she really tell him all this though? How did she make it make sense to him what she feared. She didn't even want to talk much in the first place, much less explain everything. "I just want my parents back." Auburn wept quietly, covering her face with her hands. Everything seemed so wrong without them. Everything she did and said she felt like it was wrong. There was a hole in her chest and she didn't know how to fix it.

2. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

Onyx looked at her as Auburn started crying. He was a little unsure what to do. The girl had just lost her parents and now her brother was sent away with a new family. She has every reason to be upset. "I know you want your parents back I know you do..." He hugged Auburn to him before continuing. "But you have to know that you are not alone and you will never be alone." Onyx pulled back a bit as he looked at Auburn. "And I know your parents wouldn't want you to face the world all on your own. I want to be there for you...to be part of your family and for you to be a part of mine." Onyx smiled as he tried to reassure her. "I won't ask you to forget your parents but I want you to know I'll be here for you. I promise."

3. Aelin Best Waifu

Auburn nodded, tears still streamed down her face, but she seemed to be at least attempting to compose herself again. She looked up at him and the his kind eyes, seeing the intent behind them. There was nothing but compassion behind them. Auburn found that strangely comforting. "What about you? What about your job?" Her parents would never leave her home alone, and Auburn had not heard Onyx talk about any other members of his family. What was he going to do if he had to look after her too?

4. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

Onyx smiled at Auburn as she asked her questions. He simply patted her head before answering. "It'll be fine. I won't be alone in raising you. My parents will help out when I need to go to work. However, you will be my number one priority. I'll spend as much time with you as I can. That's a promise." Onyx lifted his pinky finger to make a pinky promise with the little girl. He smiled as he kept trying to reassure Auburn.

5. Aelin Best Waifu

It was a couple months past when Onyx took on raising Auburn. After those couple months he found himself standing in Professor Ospin's office needing to have a serious chat with his old friend. It was something he had been contemplating since he took Auburn under his wing, and now it was time to face the reality of the situation.

6. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

Professor Ozpin had been completing some paperwork when he heard the elevator ding. He looked up from his paperwork, only to find an old friend. He smiled before standing up and fixing his jacket. "Well this is a little unexpected...." He paused before smiling. "But it is not unwelcomed." Ozpin walked from behind and in front of his desk. "What can I do for you Onyx?"

7. Aelin Best Waifu

"Nice to see you Ospin." Onyx started to pace towards a small table against one of the walls in Ospin's office, pouring a drink for himself and his friend. "I need to talk to you about something." Onyx took a long sip from him whiskey before leaning against the desk and looking over to Ospin. "I think... I need to take a break from being a huntsman for a while... and I am not talking about like a year or two." He finally put it out there, searching Ospin's face for the reaction that the older man might have to this news.

8. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

"And you as well Onyx." Ozpin walked over to Onyx and grabbed the glass he was holding out. "Thank my friend but I'll stick to my coffee for now. Now tell me. To what do I owe the pleasure of your visit?" Ozpin smiled as he put the glass down and took a sip from his coffee instead. Onyx had taken a sip of his whiskey. "By all means, the floor is all yours." Onyx's next words were a definite surprise to the professor. "Oh...Hmm...This is definitely a surprise. Though..." He paused as he put his coffee back on his desk. "I can't say I'm surprised. Your eyes tell me that something has changed recently. I'm quite curious as to what that change might be."

9. Aelin Best Waifu

Onyx took another long drink of his whiskey before pulling out his phone. "You can bring her up." He said before waiting a moment. "Instead of trying to explain, why don't I show you." He offered in the awkward silence before the elevator dinged and the door opened to reveal Glynda and a young girl, standing with her looking very nervous and shy as Glynda lead her out of the elevator. "Ospin, this is Auburn... Recently her family.... Well grimm attacked... I managed to save her and..." He hesitated for a moment before figuring out how to say everything. "I adopted her." He finally admitted before looking over at Auburn beckoning her over. "I thought that I could both work and raise her, but we work a dangerous job and I realized that I could not risk anything happening to me and leaving her without a family again." He looked in earnest towards Ospin. "If I am ever really needed, you are always allowed to call me friend, but I don't think I should do usual rounds anymore." It was hard he realized. Harder than he expected to give up his life, something he worked hard at and became one of the best, but for the child before him, he could do it.

10. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

Ozpin lifted up his mug as he took a sip of coffee as Onyx had instructed Glynda to bring someone else up here. Ozpin was definitely curious to say at the least. He set down his mug as the elevator dinged and who had emerged from the elevator was definitely a surprise. A little girl walked alongside Glynda. Onyx had then begun explaining hesitantly about the girl. Apparently he had saved this girl from a grimm attack. He tried to explain about the girl's parents however he was having a bit of trouble. Ozpin lifted his hand as if to stop Onyx and spare the girl from the memory. "I understand the situation." He then squatted down to Auburn's eye level. "It's very nice to meet you Auburn. My name is Professor Ozpin." He stood up as Onyx continued. It appeared that he had adopted the girl. That was definitely another surprise. "When did you start being full of surprises?" He chuckled before congratulating him. "I'm very happy for the both of you." He smiled as Onyx continued to talk. He began to explain his plan from here on out regarding his work as a huntsman. Ozpin listened carefully to each word he spoke as he nodded his head, understanding his decision. "If that is what you wish, then by all means, do what you have to do. I completely understand. There is more to life than being a huntsman or a huntress. Family must always come first Onyx." Ozpin walked up to the man as he put a hand on his shoulders. "At least make an effort to visit. Don't be a stranger." He smiled as he looked at Onyx.

11. Aelin Best Waifu

Auburn didn't speak, instead stepping back and just staring at the floor. There was a lot going on for her and it was making her nervous. She bit her lip and just kind of seemed to shrink in on herself. "You can go sit over there if you want Auburn." Onyx told his daughter as she shuffled over to a small seating area on the side. "I guess I have been surprising myself lately." Onyx admitted as he rubbed the back of his neck and took another swig of whiskey. "I can't leave her with my parents all the time you know. Thank you for understanding Ozpin. You can come visit me at any time as well. And pass on the message to Qrow would ya. I think he might come hunt me down if he didn't know." Onyx mentioned as he put down the whiskey and looked to professor in the eye. "I will be back old friend, when I can, but for now I think this young one might need more attention." He eyed Auburn again. She was terribly shy since she settled into her new home in a new town altogether. Getting her to talk would be hard, he wondered if he would ever get to see that huntress spark he saw in her when he first met her trying to defend her mother.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.