Digital Art Hᴇʀᴏ ᴏʀ Hᴏᴏʟɪɢᴀɴ

Discussion in 'Arts & Graphics' started by Ars Nova, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Wᴇʟʟ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴘᴀʀᴛ's ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴄʟᴇᴀʀ

This set didn't really have a theme 'til I realized how bad I wanted to make some Chrono Cross icons. Then the theme became Chrono Cross Icons (and also Falling Out of Love with Luminosity). Enjoy.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

...My textures are getting repetitive. I should find some new ones. Anyway, CnC greatly appreciated, all .PSDs and source images available on request. If you'd like to use one, please post here or PM me first. Special thanks to @DigitalAtlas for introducing me to my new obsession.

2. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

Definitely nabbing Serge! Thanks! You're credited in my sig

3. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

XD We do tend to find textures and things that we like and stick to them... no matter what, I have effects that I default to because I know they work well on basically everything but I suppose that is just how we create our styles. Of course, experimentation is key as well so go crazy : D

Anyway, these are lovely, good effects, pretty colours, now you should go out of your comfort zone and do things you've never done before (make rubbish if you want : D it'll help you learn) but it's always great seeing your work Nova, you have improved so much since you started out :3 Keep going!

4. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

Nova these are super cute. Your coloring gets better with every batch. I honestly can't pick a favorite out of the bunch. Kudos.

[[ Maybe I should go work on some more avatars. ]]

5. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Thanks for the compliments y'all c: Glad to see they turned out well, I had my doubts about some of them. There's more Chrono Cross fanart in the world than I thought but I was still hard-pressed to find really good sources to work with.

Yeah, I think I'm overdue for another experimental set. But first I think I'm even more overdue for some new textures...

6. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

Spot-on:
    Beautiful colours with just the right amount of and use of negative space. The focal is good. Most importantly, it has character. It has an air of exploration about it. The flow complements that feeling well.
    Wonderful colours and placement. Might have moved it a little bit to the bottom right but it's great. The crisp contrast and use of negative space make this much better than #5 (the other version).
    Beautiful placement and perfect use of contrast. The monotony does not hurt it because of the stark contrast between parts. Both versions are superb.
    Great colour blend coupled with good placement. I feel like the one I liked originally most isn't here but this is close.
    Great use of contrast and a great stock. The focal is clear and the mood is set. Has more character than most of them and gets major points for that.

Needs improvement:
    Lacks flow; the colors are too solid and blended and there is no mood. The placement makes a focal hard to work out. It seems to be his face, but he draws attention to his looking away. A bad avatar stock in general. Sorry, SJ.
    Too dim near the focal point (the bandana/head). Lack of contrast makes it appear dull, especially around the focal point, which isn't good because the eye should be drawn to something interesting instead of boring.
    This one has a lot going for it. The colors and contrast are great and placement is good, too. But it has the same darkness/dimming near the focal point, in this case the right side. The dimming and darkening are not bad on principle but they take away from the focal point of the image and hurt its appeal in the process.
    The all-white background bothers me because it doesn't blend or have flow. The white lighting effect on the left has the same problem as most of the other complaints: It dims the focal (the face). The avatar has enough brightness. Making the stock itself closer to negative space is not helpful.
    Too much contrast, not enough visible detail. #15 is a drastic improvement on these points.
    The hair is overly sharp and the stock's contrast is way too harsh; try to keep the details legible. The red tint makes it too monotonous and detracts from the extreme contrast, which does not help in this case. Red is the negative space color. It needs less red everywhere you want to emphasize.

Art, but not avatar:
    I really like the style of this but it doesn't have a specific mood or personality.
    Same as above, but even more out of place.

If I didn't single an avatar out, I had nothing constructive to say either way about it.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
  7. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

That's funny, 'cause when I showed you the pack of Chrom avatars earlier you said you liked 14 best. That's the one I've used for a while now. Thanks for all the feedback though :v

8. Dinny I am Anime ( ⚈้̤͡ ◡ ⚈้̤͡ )

Ohmyglob these are absolutely beautiful, totally fab art right here holy snaps. I'm completely in love with all the colors, the sharpness, the placement and the vibrance and textures! Plus the renders are A+ !! If my numero uno husbando weren't on my avatar, I would definitely be grabbing one of these to use (although I would have a very difficult decision on which one since I love majority of this).

I especially love 4, 9, 14, 19, and 20 !!
    Keep up the supertastic work c: <3