Hacking Tutorial - How to use the BBS Modding Station (Basics)

Discussion in 'Video Showcase' started by Wheel of Time, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Wheel of Time Time forever preserved in memory.

Use this dnas_decrypter for the US version:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/zx815rex853m5f6/PDG_dnas_decryptor_US.zip

2. Hidden Smithery King's Apprentice

3. FF Cloud 7 Destiny Islands Resident

Does anyone know what's needed for noesis to read the BBS plugin? Pretty much my case is at a computer (which I can't get to for a bit even if I am helped) was able read the plugin and everything was ok, the computer ended up with all sorts of crap so I wiped it completely no OS no nothing, after reinstalling Windows XP noesis would no longer read the BBS plugin (or the KH1 and KH2 either). Running Wine in Linux they show up but on XP nothing.

So long story short the computer (running XP) had whatever it is too read the plugin, XP out of the box doesn't and Wine has it. If anyone has any ideas they are welcome since there's no error or anything to give me a clue what's missing.

4. Blayz Mods Set The World A Blayz

ok I have a quick question, are you saying the BBS Modding station isn't running on ur version Win XP or that Windows XP itself won't run? sorry a little confused as to what the issue is here.=/

5. FF Cloud 7 Destiny Islands Resident

Didn't explain it well enough sorry [don't post on forums when you're tired]. The actual BBS Modding station program is working [the one with Ven, Terra and Aqua, with the different options which don't come to mind at the moment]. I can extract the models and open noesis but the issue is that noesis won't read the models and the issue seems to be is noesis, for reasons known just won't read the bbs plugin so it can read the bbs models. Did that clear things up a tad better? Willing to keep trying if needed (laugh).

One thing I forgot in the previous post was to say "thanks in advance".

6. Wheel of Time Time forever preserved in memory.

Have you tried to reinstall noesis? I'm just guessing here :P

7. FF Cloud 7 Destiny Islands Resident

Isn't noesis a portable program? I don't think there is an installable noesis. At least worse case scenario I have a plan D.

8. Wheel of Time Time forever preserved in memory.

Oh yeah, I know. I just meant like, download the package again and replace the existing files

9. FF Cloud 7 Destiny Islands Resident

I tried that, downloaded noesis twice and the modding station twice. Without an error message or anything is very difficult trying to find out what went wrong. And thanks for all this.

sorry for rather late reply

10. Wheel of Time Time forever preserved in memory.

Aw... That's unfortunate... Yeah, it's really hard to find out what went wrong. Sorry...

11. TheRyanStorms Moogle Assistant

I need some help, When I try to unpack the animations, all it does is gives me an error and an empty folder, any idea what i'm doing wrong?

12. FF Cloud 7 Destiny Islands Resident

It runs on my laptop and everything was fine but I for the life of me could not find twilight thorn.
    Question. In the original japanese bbs are there the models for most of the characters who you see in the secret ending ([kh2] Sora, Xion, ect)? Also after download umdgen again after staring it up my firewall (Online Armor which I didn't have last time) was saying if I remember correctly umdgen wanted direct disk access or something, it was a few days ago so I can't really remember, but does anyone know why it wants it (I downloaded a few different umdgens and same issue) I'm certain it's not just an issue with online armor since a different firewall I has last time had alarms when running it. Everything seems fine after running it and avast and malwarebytes don't find anything when scanning it so does anyone have any thoughts?

13. Wheel of Time Time forever preserved in memory.

Twilight Thorn isn't in the game? Not that I can remember and not according to the kh wikia?

14. Blayz Mods Set The World A Blayz

Hey guys I cannot for the ****ing life of me get the damn bbs modding station to ****ing extract the bbs1.dat file for the USA Version of bbs, I go the extract it and this is all it shows...
    Screenshot_1.png
    the thumbnail I provided is the only thing I see when I try to extract everything, the mother ****er does not extract anything, its really starting to aggravate me, I'm sorry for all the bad censored language, I'm just practically pulling my hair out try to get this damn thing working, please help me as I really wanna start making videos of birth by sleep, oh and while your reading this could you also spare the model names list for each character and weapons too cus I didn't receive that list, thank guys.

15. Wheel of Time Time forever preserved in memory.

Have you decrypted the .dat files? If not, then you need to that first.

16. Blayz Mods Set The World A Blayz

well I'm doing this on the ppsspp emulator cus my psp broke, is there a way to decrypt them for ppsspp?

Edit 1: well it turns out their decrypted now, ty seph.^^

Edit 2: I was wrong the stupid thing is not decrypted because the dnas decrypter will not decrypt the .DAT files properly. I go to decrypt them and it eventually says game exited and doesn't do **** the .DAT files.=/

Last edited: Dec 14, 2014
  17. Wheel of Time Time forever preserved in memory.

I think you actually need a actual psp to decrypt them, so I'm afraid you're out of luck sad to say.