Hacking Tutorial

Discussion in 'Code Vault' started by JLHack7, Sep 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JLHack7 Kingdom Keeper

Don't expect one for another week...
    I just got Jedi Academy to work on my new laptop, and when I'm done, it'll be Keyblade Academy
    :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

2. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

Sweet! LOL!

3. Majik Chaser

i think i saw a video of this once

4. JLHack7 Kingdom Keeper

The update with the disassembler tutorial will be here soon I'm working on it now (I love having a public school, I get off for Rosh Hashanah today, horray for the Jews! [Rosh Hashanah is a Jewish holiday])

anywho...

next update for the hacking tutorial, but not the disassembler yet (YAY UPDATES!) Is being written right now, and will be up in an hour or 2

When I'm done, I'll make a Jedi Academy Hacking Tutorial

Edit: removed the jedi academy samples, they were kinda Spam, and I need to save space for the tutorial

5. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

Excellent! Thank you! And definitely post a Jedi Academy Hacking Tutorial if you have time- I love that game!

6. JLHack7 Kingdom Keeper

Tutorial Update!!!!
    http://www.kh-vids.net/showpost.php?p=850728&postcount=34

EDIT: also updated the tutorial AGAIN with Joker commands

READ THIS
    I just found something (this only works with KH: CoM CodeBreaker Advance codes)
    you can take any raw code (except the ASM hacks, they can only use raw... which are the codes that I said only work with Visual Boy Advance 1.8 beta 3, namely the Infinite HP I posted, those codes do not work with this) and convert it to CodeBreaker by changing the first digit to the likewise byte size digit (in other words, it's like when we use Raw PS2 codes we change the first 0 to a 1 or a 2 depending on the size of the value) using 3 for 8 bit codes (00XX) and 8 for 16 bit codes (XXXX)

7. EvilMan_89 Code Master

wat is that Soul Eater picture?

8. JLHack7 Kingdom Keeper

I've been PM'ing Sara and RoxasvsRiku about the attachment thing, and it turns out that "The Code Vault" has an attachment size limit of 10 mbs, my file was 11 mbs
    So, after a chat with Sara, the new rule is that any hacking videos made using this tutorial belong in the Video Portal with all the other videos

It's a screenshot from jedi academy, but only part of the full screenshot, it's from the weapon select screen

speaking of Jedi Academy...
    My current project is using GMAX (the "Free" version of 3DS Max) to make WTTD, I did it on my old laptop (it looked crappy though) but my old laptop broke, and I lost the data, and thus the model of it, along with about 3-6 gigabytes of mods, 1.2 gbs of which were mods that I made myself

by the way, I GOT A MUSIC MOD!

I CAN RUN MY OWN MP3's IN JEDI ACADEMY!

YAY! (13th Dilemma doesn't seem to work, because of the sampling frequency, but 13th Struggle does, so when I get into a lightsaber fight, the game plays 13th Struggle, and when I fight a boss, it plays "Still More Fighting" aka "Those who Fight Further" [Final Fantasy 7 boss battle theme, I attached the remix version here

I had a thing called "Kingdom Hearts: The Bada** Wars" Where Sephiroth, Roxas, and Riku waged a war to see who was the most bada**, Roxas, being so bada** that 1 keyblade isn't enough, Riku, using the dark side to pwnz0r everybody and everything, and Sephiroth... well, Sephiroth doesn't need an explanation, because an explanation isn't enough! A SCREENSHOT IS NEEDED TO SHOW HOW BADA** HE IS! AND I HAVE PROVIDED ONE!

Sephy is dual wielding Masamune (his 7 ft tall katana) and Darth Vader's lightsaber!

In the Bada** Wars, Darth Sidious took Sephiroth as his apprentice in the ways of the Force, naming him... DARTH MALICE

anyway, enough with the spamming...

The next update won't be for a while, because I need to make the tutorial simpler, as using the disassembler will be very complicated, as in "fry your brain with complexity" complicated

seriously, check out the Sephy screenshot (I trimmed the image of the useless stuff, namely, the health bar on the lower left, and the Force Meter on the lower right)

and as for those who have Jedi Academy and are wondering "HOW THE HELL DID HE GET THE CAMERA TO FACE THE CHARACTER FROM THE FRONT?!?!" you pause the game, open up the Command Console by hitting "Shift"+"~" and typing in (without the quotes) "\CG_ThirdPersonAngle #" and replacing the number with the camera angle (0 for behind/default, 180 for in front, 90 for the side, 270 for the other side)

Attached Files:

9. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

Excellent update: I'm actually beginning to understand hacking now!

10. Hitokiri Shinigami Shinta The Demon Slayer

What platform is Star Wars: Jedi Academy for? is it for the PC or PS2?

11. JLHack7 Kingdom Keeper

PC & XBox
    I don't think you can mod the XBox version.

I heavily reccommend that you get the PC version, because you can use ANY major 3D modeling program on it (3DS Max, Maya, Blender, & GMAX all support it, but I reccomend GMAX because a] its free. b] its easy, I made my first lightsaber in three hours. c] its free. and d] you can make models for other popular PC games, like Halo and the Battlefield series. did I mention it was free?)

PM me for more info.

Ok, back on topic...

My next update will be as soon as I can manage.
    Considering my homework amount, it's not that soon

EDIT: its going to be even longer... I JUST FOUND MY COPY OF BATTLEFIELD 1942! AND I AM MODDING IT!

12. AntiWeapon Chaser

Rawr! Good thing I already know all that hex stuff. (Helps if your in a software class in school. )

13. JLHack7 Kingdom Keeper

Nice!
    This tutorial DOES have a non-hacking use!

I spent most of the day working on the hacking tutorial

The next update about 20% done, and I mostly work on it on weekends

anyway, I'm done for today

(Runs off to play Battlefield 1942 singing the "Happy Tree Friends" song, which is attached to this post!)

Do do dooo do-do-do-da Do do dooo do-do-do-da... La la lalala, la-la lalala!

if you don't know what Happy Tree Friends is, then go check it out!

here's the wikipedia entry!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Happy_Tree_Friends

(watch out, it is gory, as in Texas Chainsaw Massacre gory, so if you like the Simpson's "Itchy and Scratchy" you will love H.T.F.)

Happy Tree Friends... Cute. Cuddly... AND HORRIBLY WRONG!

Battlefield 1942 Mods
    I am working on using GMAX to make the knife into a Keyblade!
    And I turned the M1 Garand into Leon's GunBlade!
    And then I made the M1911 (Colt pistol) into Cerberus (Vincent's gun from Dirge of Cerberus)
    and the M1918 (Thompson) into an Uzi

Attached Files:

14. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

Hey, I'm doing the "Hack Riku's Dark Points" part, and is it supposed to take a lot of searches (like 20+)? I don't mind, I just want to know that I'm not completely off...

15. JLHack7 Kingdom Keeper

I did it in 3 searches
    It might take 10 searches, but that is the max

16. MasterNightmare Gummi Ship Junkie

what's the Hexidecimal value for 99? im makin my ap mod :D i dont wanna search through them, but im doin that whilst i wait. also, i might as well just finish the thing, and go all the way to 99, just to assist you all :D

17. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

I found a really useful hexadecimal/decimal converter for anyone who doesn't quite get it yet, or just doesn't want to bother with the conversions.

http://www.statman.info/conversions/hexadecimal.html

18. JLHack7 Kingdom Keeper

63 is the one hexadecimal value that you will see most

19. MasterNightmare Gummi Ship Junkie

k, i see... well, i just found out about using the windows calculator for converting to hex, dec, ect....cant wait for the rest

20. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

This NEEDS to be bumped.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.