Happy International Mens Day, KHV!

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by KeybladeSpirit, Nov 19, 2015.

1. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

To all the men on here, please remember that you should never be ashamed to feel empowered. You are valuable not only for who you are, but also for what you are. Never feel like you're less of a person just because you aren't strong or powerful or constantly achieving things.

To all the women on here, your day is next March. I'll figure something out for you then.

2. Krowley Moderator

Took a whole lotta tryin', just to get up that hill...

3. Llave Superless Moderator

P.S. Don't be a dick

4. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Think you're trying just a little too hard there to make this more than it is

I can't tell if this is supposed to be ironic or not.

5. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

Indeed. There are so many men at the top and so many women at the bottom that it's very easy to forget about men who are also at the bottom, facing equal but different injustices. It's a shame that feminists and MRAs can't get over their differences. If they worked together, they might actually be able to make things better rather than taking shots at each other and making things worse for everyone. I'm glad you found this inspiring.
    I realize that it's not that interesting or important. It happens every year, just like International Women's Day, but this time I know about it and felt like writing a thing. I meant this to be the same sort of thing that you see for empowering women. You know, the whole, "You are strong and beautiful no matter what anyone says," deal. Men don't get that kind of affirmation very often (at least not in a direct in-your-face way) and I'm led to believe that a lot more need it than are willing to admit.
    Indeed, Wheaton's Law is one of the most important things this generation has ever produced.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
  6. Laurence_Fox Chaser

If you feel less empowered, consider perhaps a cleavage window or mini-skirt.

Me? I like a good quality v-neck.

7. Plums Wakanda Forever

I sort of disagree? There's a good deal of shots aimed at MRAs, but I feel like the MRAs people are most likely to see, whether they use the Internet regularly or not, is some dude from return of the kings or 8chan, which...lol. It's not entirely undeserved in that case. Honestly, I think there'd be more positive attitudes about MRAs if there was a greater call to effort in the groupp to trying to understand the stuff women go through and help advocate that/greater call to make changes in themselves, and also doing stuff for men of color, trans men, queer men, neuroatypical men, etc. Whenever I seem to find a post from them, it's often just about an average white guy, which isn't bad but it's not really addressing the breadth of struggles in the greater male community.

Of course, I don't really tend to follow that many posts from them, so if there is some advocacy stuff they've been doing that you know of, I'd definitely be interested in seeing it. I do know there are some that do a lot of good work, I follow a pretty cool guy on tumblr that says he's an MRA & frequently reblogs stuff and answers asks about stuff men face, and a kid I went to high school with leads a men's group at his college that does a lot advocacy wise. I just think that there needs to be a bigger push or revamp of the MRAs at large to make them less of a joke to people and more of a major positive force for change.

And this isn't to say that none of this applies to women either; this is all compltely anecdotal, but this last year (and this semester especially) I've been getting and hearing ridiculous & sly racist **** from white women that call themselves feminist, lmao -- from some girl handing out important class papers to our entire row except me (only black kid in the row), to some girl saying to my face "I focus lots of women's reproductive rights but don't really wanna think about race, I don't think it matters in that context." Obviously this is not all feminists and is just White Feminism at work again, but enough of these people have called themselves feminist that at this point if I hear "not all feminists" from one of them or in general before this semester is up, I am gonna scream (I am a feminist so this hurts even more)

but, what can you do ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Did you see that set picture of Cap 3 where Evans had a stomach window without that red/white belt thing for the Cap suit? I think they should keep that as it is absolutely necessary to the aesthetics of the theme of being on the run and having only a ragtag team of allies to back you up.

8. Laurence_Fox Chaser

I have seen Chris Evans in so many stages of undress at this point. But yes, I agree that Cap should certainly have a stomach window. And have many lingering shots on his Star Spangled Booty.

9. Chevalier Crystal Princess

I strongly disagree with this. Men's rights isn't about women. Just like feminism doesn't have to be about men. Which even as much as some feminist will say it's also about men...I have seen varying degrees of reaction when men try to join these circles.

You can support both. And advocate for both. MRA's are (at the risk of using umbrella generalizations) usually accepting of women. Not always, which is why I don't agree with many things at times.

And women are known to be MRA's like Karen Straughn (sp?) and Christina Hoff Sommers (who describes herself as a feminist; if an unorthodox one by third wave feminist standards)

I follow a tumblr blog called boy-positive and most of the mods are female too.

Point being, I think both things can coexist.

I do agree that we need to shine some light on ALL men and not just one type of man, however.

You will see bad people regardless of what they believe. I've seen some MRA's that look like looneys and some feminists that can be pretty nasty too.

Overall, I think men in general need a lot of help, resources and love. Regardless of what the narrative might say.

So happy international men's day, guys.

10. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

I think the problem is that the modern MRA movement seems largely reactionary to the feminist movement. You also gotta consider that while things are definitely not perfect where men reside at the top of the hill, we're still at the top of the hill. And a lot of men are pretty apathetic to the women struggling to reach even ground with them, some even antagonistic to them, when we ought to be reaching out to help. That doesn't mean the top of the hill doesn't need fixing up, but a little sympathy and compassion for others can go a long way. And who knows? Women probably have some pretty good ideas of how to help fix up the top of the hill, and it may be easier to handle those problems when we're all on the same level.

11. Arch Mana Knight

Everything would be fixed if us men rolled down the top of the hill and crushed everyone at the bottom so no one can ever get up again. c:

12. Hiro ✩ Guardian

All I hear is butthurt men that women are tired of being treated like trash.

How immature.

13. Fearless A good and beautiful child

I want cake.

14. burnitup Still the Best 1973