Traditional Art Here I am again!

Discussion in 'Arts & Graphics' started by eentje, Jun 30, 2011.

1. eentje Traverse Town Homebody

And I made you guys a present! Here it is, you can have some!

[​IMG]

My brother said her name should be Sapphire...

But you are right, she does look like a stripper, but I actually wanted to just study some anatomy, so she don't need to much clothes...

2. Gultigargar Hollow Bastion Committee

Let me just start by saying that I'm not trying to be mean or anything, just trying to help you find out what went wrong so it can be improved.

- Face looks dislocated. The face itself is frontal view, but it's placed in the lower right section of the head.
    - Her hair should be affected by gravity and hang down, but it "sticks" to her face instead.
    - It looks like her neck goes straight into her shoulder, or is immediately next to it.
    - Right hand sticks a little out a little "under" the arm; it should be a bit "above" the arm. Fingers on both hands don't really look like they're bent. (But I can't really blame you here. Hands are friggin' difficult.)
    - Right arm has a problem with too many curved lines, which our brain doesn't like, and thus ruins the illusion. Looks kind of more like balloons than arms.
    - Her upper body, on the other hand, seems to be straight lines only. Should be more curved.
    - Speaking of upper body, something is seriously wrong with her breasts. It kind of looks like they're trying to escape in opposite directions... :P
    - Torso/legs area actually looks good. left leg looks a tad weird, but nothing too bad.
    - Feet look bad. Left foot connects weirdly with the leg. The toe-area should not be smaller then the heel. They also seem to be too short.

You do have some of the shapes down (mostly legs, also the left arm). Keep practicing and it'll get there eventually.

3. eentje Traverse Town Homebody

Haha, why thank you Gultigargar! I was waiting for someone to give me some advice... I know that her feet look horibble... But I was really glad those legs looked good. As for her hair, I still need some practice on that. And for her face, I was to busy with the lips... I usually draw those weird Anime lips...

4. Britishism Gummi Ship Junkie

Ooh. When I saw this, I didn't know it was for criticism.
    Okay-

First off, the head has an awkward tilt. I understand it's tilted, but it's just rather strange.

Secondly, her breasts seem to be angry at each other. They're going in opposite directions. Just kinda weird.

Nice legs. (Shaddup) The left leg has an awkward connection to her torso. It seems smaller because of the angle of the skirt.

Lastly, the feet seem to be seperated from the rest of the body. They don't connect very well. They also have an odd shape that makes them less realistic.

Really good, in all.