"Hikari/Simple & Clean" and "Passion/Sanctuary" Available in Music Subscription Services

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Meilin Lee, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

[​IMG]
    To celebrate Utada Hikaru's new album scheduled for release in 2018, as well as doing a live tour across Japan in the same year (which she hasn't done since 2006), it has been announced that all of Utada Hikaru's songs from "Automatic" (released in 1998) to her 6th album, "Fantôme" (released in 2016), are now available in music subscription services in various major platforms (such as Apple Music). Spotify, however, will get the songs on January 8th. Included among the songs available are the two main 'Kingdom Hearts' themes, "Hikari/Simple & Clean" and "Passion/Sanctuary".

EDIT:

It appears that North America (U.S., Canada, and Mexico) won't be getting the songs on Spotify.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Meilin Lee, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Day~Dream
      Day~Dream
      FINALLY! I have a j-pop playlist on spotify that feels so incomplete w/o her.
    2. Dredica
      Dredica
      Any news about it coming to Spotify? It's January 8th and still no Utada :(
    3. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee
      So after looking into it, it appears that, unfortunately, North America (U.S., Canada, and Mexico) won't be getting her songs on Spotify for the time being.

Source
    4. Day~Dream
      Day~Dream
      [​IMG]

I figured something was up when I went to go update my playlist and saw that nothing had changed.
    5. Dredica
      Dredica
      Well, that blows. Thanks for the update, though!

However, I find it funny how obvious it is what Utada's team is doing. Adding her older singles/Kingdom Hearts themes, around the time Kingdom Hearts 3 is supposed to come out? I'm sure, besides the single for Kingdom Hearts 3, she'll be releasing an album soon.