How do I use CWcheat on my psp?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Blayz Mods, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Hitokiri Shinigami Shinta The Demon Slayer

I'm guessing I need the 6.35 HEN right?

2. P Banned

Nope. You can't install full CFW from it, so you need the Pandora Battery if anything.

3. Blayz Mods Set The World A Blayz

Kk cool, but I won't be able to buy it till hopefully later today.^ ^

4. Always Dance Chaser

Jaden, I'm pretty sure CWCheat doesn't work with HEN so you need a Pandora battery to permanently install CFW (That's much better anyway and easy with a 1000). Just get it, it's $5

EDIT-Wait, jaden, you want to use CWCheat with your copy of Tag Force? I'm almost positive CWCheat doesn't actually work with UMDs. You'd have to download it and run it off the memory stick (Which is perfectly legal since you own the game) but you'd need a memory stick that's at least 2 Gbs

5. P Banned

He can rip the UMD himself. It's easy enough to do. Also, compressing it down to a CSO is an option. It's probably not that big, so he could get away with a 1GB stick. (Although I'd recommend a 2GB stick, personally.)

I second the notion of buying a Pandora battery.

6. Always Dance Chaser

I have a level 9 CSO of Tag Force 5 and it's 1.01 GB. So a 1 GB stick isn't an option.

7. P Banned

Did you remove padding?

8. Always Dance Chaser

Nope. i don't know what it is so i didn't feel safe removing it.

9. P Banned

Ah. You should remove it using UMDGEN. It makes it much smaller, and it's only used on UMDs to make the data easier to read. If you're using it as an ISO/CSO, it's just wasted space.

10. Always Dance Chaser

Thanks! I'll start removing it.

EDIT-just opened the CSO in UMDGen and apparently there isn't any padding or dummy data.

11. Majik Chaser

Because CSO's are compressed. There will not be any repeated bytes besides header data.

12. Always Dance Chaser

I just did with the full iso and then compressed it, it ended up being like 40 MB smaller.

13. P Banned

40mb is pretty good if you do it for every ISO you have. Sometimes it's more though.

At the moment, Dark Lycan is just waiting for the battery he ordered to arrive.

Personally, I recommend buying a Pandora Battery. They're inexpensive, and mean that even if you completely screw up, you can recover your PSP. (Possibly with the exception of messing with NAND keys. I haven't tried that yet, and I don't plan on it.) Mine has been reduced to a black screen at power-on many times, but the Pandora Battery and Magic Memory Stick always recover it, and install working CFW (or OFW) again.

Of course, the Pandora is useless if you have a PSP 3000, or a TA-088v3 2000, so in those cases, you need to go down a more temporary route. CWcheat can still be installed, but it takes a bit more hassle and a bit more effort.

14. Blayz Mods Set The World A Blayz

jus so everybody know's I can be refered to as Dark Lycan or roxas since roxas1989 was my original user.^ ^