How do you defeat Jecht in FFX?

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by Twilight_Nobody13, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Twilight_Nobody13 Chaser

He dominated me when I tried. Does anybody have a stratagy to defeat him? He is seriously the most cheap boss I've ever seen. Seymore Flux was way easy compared to him. Hell Orphan in FFXIII was a little kitten compared to how I fail at him. Anybody know a good way to beat Jecht?

2. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

How leveled are you on the sphere grid? I was quite high leveled when I fought him, so I don't really know how to help. I suppose always having Yuna in your party would help quite a bit, and also, summoning an Aeon would be helpful I suppose, if I remember correctly. Sorry i couldn't be of much more help than that, it's been a while since I beat him ^_^;;

3. Graxe King's Apprentice

A cheap way is to use Zombie Attack (and/or Bio or Poison Fangs so I've heard) on him so that the Yu Pagodas damage him further, but since you have to do it after every Power Wave, I don't recommend it. You can also Aeon spam him if Yuna's strong enough and if most can be summoned in Overdrive. Oh and Tidus' Trigger Command only works twice IIRC, so use it wisely.

But it really all depends on how you leveled everyone up and what path you made them take on the Sphere Grid.

Also, don't go after the Yu Pagodas much. Each time you kill one, and this applies to both, it will re-activate with all the damage it took to kill it beforehand (If they start with 5000 HP and you inflicted 17000 damage to kill it, it will re-activate with 22000 HP and so on).

4. StardustXtreme Chaser

At the begining, have Hastega, Protect and Regen on your crew as well as Stone/Zombieproof.

If Rikku has Max overdrive, mix for Mega/Hyper Vitality which can double your character's HP, yes, I said double! Jecht is also affected by Breaks Yuna and RIkku's Holy could be effective or Lulu's Ultima or Flare + Doublecast

If Yuna's a powerful character, focus on using her an offensive holy-barrage while the other 2 use items.

WHen Jecht hits under 60,000 HP, he withdraws his sword from his chest, hs HP remains the same but now he cna do more damage, this is also when he gets out Ultimate Jecht Shot to cause 5000+ damage

Save Tidus's Talk commands when Jecht draws his sword, use them wisely, when you defeta it, it's Yu Yevon and you got nothing to lose! why? Everyone is granted the sweet protection of Auto-Life and what's more better? after you defeat your aeons and get Yu yevon out, Zombie him and use life or phoenix down to kill him....it's THAT easy.

5. Patman Bof

How to beat anyone in FFX (I mean it, anyone) :
    -Call Yojimbo.
    -Give him a million Gils (you' re about to finish the game, you don' t need your money anymore).

YOU WIN !!!

Magus Sisters are useful too, but if you have trouble against such an easy boss I guess you have neither Yojimbo nor Magus Sisters. Have Yuna throw white magic spells all the time and if you get in big trouble call one of her summon : most summons can harm Jecht badly. If/when he manages to kill your summon then have Yuna call another one. Honestly if you can' t beat him that way you must be seriously underpowered. Using Booster X as soon as the fight begins would be a good idea, and having your whole team ready to throw a limit break before engaging Jecht can really help too.

6. Aquanort45 Destiny Islands Resident

Before you battle do this:
    1. Fill all the aeons overdrive gauge
    2.fill Yuna's overdrive gauge
    3.At the battle use Yuna's Overdrive so you can use Aeons Special twice
    4. Use Behemoth Special 2 times
    5. Continue normal battle

This is how i beat him btw in battle is recomended to have Hastega and protection
    This will look weird but he is harder tahn the Last Boss
    Final Boss Guide:
    1.Use Zombie on Him
    2. Cast Life on him
    3.Done !