Birth by Sleep How Sora owns the keyblade?- Spoilers -

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Kaidron Blaze, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Kaidron Blaze Kingdom Keeper

The Gale Valleys, before the darkness attacks...
    I've played BBs and I wanna know how does Sora acctually own the keyblade. There are at least two reasons in BBs that I think would give him one but neather of them make much sence.
    1. Did Sora get the keyblade because his heart merges with Ven and if so why doesn't he have Ven's keyblade?
    2. Or did Sora get the keyblade because of the promise Aqua made with him because Riku got lost in Darkness Sora had to follow and the only way he could was if he had the keyblade. Which according to Auqa's promise was his job.
    Any help?

2. MaM_1 Destiny Islands Resident

i think it was because his heart merged with ven's, but i don't know why he doesn't weild ven's keyblade. . .

3. Arch Mana Knight

Riku was chosen by Terra and he didn't get Terra's keyblade. Sora owns the keyblade both because of Ven and because he has a strong heart. The keyblade takes a form to suit its owner.

To answer the topic's second question, I'm really sure it has nothing to do with Aqua.

4. Kaidron Blaze Kingdom Keeper

Really? you think so. I thought since Aqua made Sora promise to follow Riku and help him if he ever fell into darkness, when he did he would get the keyblade because that is what he needed to follow Riku...

5. Shift Chaser

Actually, it has nothing to do with Ven.
    He has a Keyblade becuase right in the beginning, he touched the light in Riku's heart summoning his Keyblade, which he later claimed as his own.

6. Kaidron Blaze Kingdom Keeper

That doesn't really make sence, by what you said Riku shouldn't even have a keyblade cos Sora has his and I would of thought what happened with Ven and Aqua would of had some affect on Sora.... Where did you hear that anyway?
    EDIT: Sorry I just read that over and I sound soo mean... Sorry I'm not trying to be mean I'm just interested lol

7. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

That doesn't sound mean at all lol
    But I think he's referring to the beginning of KH1 when Destiny Islands get attacked by the Heartless. Riku was supposed to have the Keyblade after Terra did the whole ceremony thing with him and passed it on (not his own Keyblade, but a/the Keyblade). Riku fell to Darkness and Sora reached out for him, touched the light, and got the Keyblade. It rejected Riku because of his darkness.

8. Ventuskeyblade Merlin's Housekeeper

Im pretty sure that Sora didnt get a keyblade because of Ven. Riku was originally going to get the keyblade, but he went to darkness and the keyblade SAVED SORA FROM DARKNESS. i dont think aqua's promise had anything to do with this because it was never mentioned in any KH games except BBs.

9. Shift Chaser

Nomura said it.
    2FM+ Ultimania iirc.

10. Gaming Reploid Destiny Islands Resident

This actually makes a lot of sense when you think about it. After beating BBS, I always thought that Sora could summon the keyblade because of Ven's heart inside of him. HOWEVER, if Sora summoned Ven's keyblade, or even a keyblade of his own due to his strong heart, then in Hollow Bastion, Riku would have summoned his own keyblade. Hence, Sora and Riku would both be holding keyblades.

However, Cubia is saying that on Destiny Islands, Sora took Riku's keyblade, which explains why in Hollow Bastion, when Riku summoned it, it was taken back from Sora. It's all becoming clearer now. ^_^

11. Kaidron Blaze Kingdom Keeper

ok hearing you exsplain it, DOES make it make sence..... I always wondered about the whole Hollow Bastion thing Though I thought Riku took it cos his heart was stronger in that point and it didn't matter weather it was Riku's keyblade to start out with or not...

12. Stella Nox Fleuret Hollow Bastion Committee

His heart was stronger at the time, but what confuses me is that he's still tied to the darkness.

13. Gaming Reploid Destiny Islands Resident

It is never said that only beings of light may hold keyblades. In BBS, Master Xehanort holds a keyblade, and his heart has WAY more darkness than Riku had at that point. So people with darkness or light in their hearts, doesn't matter, only that they have a STRONG heart.

Unless you mean it doesn't make sense why Riku (with darkness in his heart) would hold a keyblade of light. That is because the only difference between keyblades of light and dark is where they come from. Since Kingdom Key came from the realm of light, it is a keyblade of light, but can still be held by ANYONE with a strong enough heart. Much like King Mickey holding a keyblade of darkness. It still doesn't matter about the light/darkness in one's heart or from which realm the keyblade came from. Only that Riku's heart was very strong at that point.

(I'm sorry if that sounded repetitive, just trying to make my point clear, that's all. ^_^)

14. Stella Nox Fleuret Hollow Bastion Committee

@Gaming Reploid - That makes sense XD I totally forgot about Xehanort.
    And your not sounding repetitive. ^_^

15. eentje Traverse Town Homebody

I think Sora has a keyblade becuase he and Ven's heart merged. Not in a way that its not his own but you have to touch a Keyblade before you can use one.
    And Kingdom Key looks like that because of the X-blade

16. Kaidron Blaze Kingdom Keeper

But if Ven never touched the X-blade so how can it be because of that?

17. eentje Traverse Town Homebody

Its because of Vanitas, ofcourse, and Ven's body did touch the broken X-blade. Vanitas was possesing him, you'll see it when you'll play through Aqua.

18. Kaidron Blaze Kingdom Keeper

done that but
    Ven on his own never acctually used the X-blade he only did when he was possesed by Vanitus so my objection still stands lol

19. eentje Traverse Town Homebody

Never said it didn't >3<

20. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Yeah, but I think it's also because Sora filled the gap in Ven's heart left by Vanitas's birth. They both probably contribute to it.

This is also why both the Kingdom Key and Kingdom Key D look the way they do. This is just what I believe but
    when the X-Blade was broken it split into two separate keys. One of light (because Ven's heart was all light) and one of darkness (because of Vanitas's totally dark heart).
    Does this make sense?