Birth by Sleep How Sora owns the keyblade?- Spoilers -

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Kaidron Blaze, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Dredica SNES was the best.

That actually makes...a lot of sense. I never thought of that. But why are we talking about this anyway? Normua said it's because Sora touched Riku's light when he gave into darkness. Which is why Riku could take it back. The ONLY thing I'm wondering is...what the hell is Soul Eater then? A keyblade with no keychain? Because Xehanort could wield a keyblade- hell, Vanitas could. And so the darkness thing is ruled out. It was already clear that Riku could wield it after he took it from Sora, so what is the Soul Eater? Because Way To Dawn is the Soul Eater mixed with light, and that has a keychain. Terra had a lot of darkness in his heart while wielding a keyblade of light I'm guessing? So I would think that Riku could do the same. And if Sora did steal the keyblade from Riku, how is it that Riku gets Way To Dawn? Because merging with the light again or something wouldn't really give you a keyblade, because Terra was light and dark, and his keyblade remained the same. And another thing to add on to that, Riku gets, well- I'll just say another keyblade [Way To Dawn], while Sora is walking around with the keybalde that rightfully belonged to Riku. So what the lollololl? And THEN Riku gives Kairi a keyblade out of nowhere. I'm beginnig to think Riku is a keyblade wizard. But, still- what the hell IS Soul Eater?

2. Shift Chaser

Soul Eater is a special weapon whose power, and probably shape, are a reflection of the wielder's darkness.
    Nomura or the games, i don't remember which, said it was Maleficent that gave it to Riku;

Many say Way to Dawn took Soul Eater shape because it was used as a medium to summon it, i myself think it's either that, because Way to Dawn reflects Riku's Light and Darkness the same way Soul Eater reflected his Darkness or both.
    Also, there are many Keyblade as people who can wield it, if Sora claimed Riku's slot, i'd guess one key'd be left out.
    I don't know, maybe just having the power to summon a keyblade already allows you to do it, or whatever.
    Sora and Roxas already used the very same key at the exact same time, so i guess it's nothing that absurd >_>

Terra aways used the same Keyblade because he had no real reason to use another one, except that one time at KG;

I think, without having anything to back me up, that Riku summoned Kairi's keyblade the same way Sora summoned his, i mean, the scene was pretty much the same thing.

3. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Well Kairi can use a Keyblade because when she touched Aqua's keyblade back in BbS it accepted her as a new wielder (though it may have been a mistake "Beggars can't be choosers"). She was already able to summon and use a Keyblade whether she knew it or not. I think the keyblade probably just took the shape it did (ewwwww... too girly for my tastes) because it reacted to Kairi's pure heart. He may have just summoned her keyblade and given it to her to use. Does this make any sense?

4. Dredica SNES was the best.

That actually doesn't make sense to me. The scene looks to me as if he gave it to her as a loan or something, though I'm sure that's not the case. He basically tossed it to her, and I know they were in a fight and everything- but you never see her use it after that. Even Riku and Sora take it out at random times.

5. Xeitr The False Image Gummi Ship Junkie

i'm thinking maybe riku met aqua while lost in the world of darkness...

6. eentje Traverse Town Homebody

It is proved within the Xehanort reports (BBS) that you have to touch a Keyblade to wield it. Riku touched Terra's Keyblade, Kairi touched Aqua's and Sora unconciencly (don't know if I spelled that right) touched Ven's Keyblade. So that's how they all got one...

7. Kaidron Blaze Kingdom Keeper

The Gale Valleys, before the darkness attacks...
    I always thought Kairi got the ability to use one when her heart merged with Sora's in KH 1 Riku summoned her a keyblade (which we already know is hers because Aqua gets it after saving her) maybe because she didn't know how to summon it. So it was like teaching her to use it in a way... What do you think? Make any sence?

8. eentje Traverse Town Homebody

Yeah, could be. It's all a big mistery. And why not, otherwise, everybody would have a Keyblade...

9. Shift Chaser

Even though it does make sense, it's confirmed Aqua's the reason Kairi can wield it.
    And yeah, she didn't know she could summon it, that`s why she never did.
    She possibly still doesn't know how to do it either, seeing as it was Riku who called it for her the first time around.

When did that even happen?

[.QUOTE=Docyx no15;3275104]speaking of which I never understood where he got that and why its the 'teeth' of his keyblade do you have any exsplanation?[/QUOTE]
    It's just a mere coincidence.

10. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Nomura has said before that there are several conditions to being a keyblade wielder, but once the conditions are met there are an endless number of keyblades. We know two of the conditions. 1) Strong Heart 2) Touching a keyblade. But there can still be (and probably is) more.

Strong heart is pretty straight forward. Touching a keyblade get more complicated with each hero. Terra to Riku is obvious. Aqua to Kairi was more subtle but still definately there. Ven to Sora get a bit more complicated. Ven never met any of the three in person, but due to a few events his heart now has a strong connection to Sora's. The two hearts drectly touching might be just as effective as using the keyblade as a medium, or it might not. It's very unclear right now. It could also be that Sora was able to channel Ven's keyblade at least once and then he's holding it. But we never see him holding any keyblade of Ven's.

One theory for another conditin that just came to me as I was writing this is that maybe you need someone else to channel your keyblade before you can use it on your own. Riku obviouslly summoned Kairi's. And it could be that in KH1 Sora was using Riku's, and Riku's heart was simply not strong enough to take it back until later. But again we hit a snag with Sora. Who would have summoned his?

11. eentje Traverse Town Homebody

Themn why is it in the sign of the Keyblade Graveyard? Explain that to me and I'll agree with you. His crown pendant is the one and only thing that always keeps coming back in his outfits. Exept for Atlantica that is...

12. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

That doesn't mean Riku could summon it for her? It's still hers. Sora touched Riku's "light" and pretty much stole the Keyblade from him. Riku never did anything like that to Kairi. I don't see how he could just summon her Keyblade. Not to mention that Kairi's is probably a Keyblade of light (Given her status as a PoH) and at the time, Riku was using darkness since he was in his Ansem form. The Kingdom Key rejected him because of that in KH1 (granted, his heart may be strong enough to wield one of light without problem now). That last bit about Kairi's being a light Keyblade is just a personal opinion.

Even if you're right, (which to be honest, I doubt), Sora wouldn't need someone to summon his. If your condition is true, it's just one condition, Sora could have fulfilled another condition such as stealing it from Riku.
    Sora never knew he could summon it until he did. Hell, he didn't even know what it was. He was just in a situation where he had to defend himself. I don't think Kairi had a similar situation either, but that could be argued (she was confronted by Saix before Riku saved her and she was kidnapped by Axel and faced with Heartless)
    Neither did Roxas (VTT Roxas) but that could be argued that Diz programmed it into his hands (I actually think that is what has been confirmed to happen?)
    I think he means Ven's heart, not Keyblade >>
    Yep. The trademark of KH, as I call it. Just like the keychain is Mickey's head.

13. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Like a said, that was a very impromptu theory. I think it is possible but I'm not entirely convinced either.
    Riku and Kairi's hearts are closely connected (not as close as other connections, but very significant) so that could be why he could. Even without being entirely sure about why, I'm confident that he did. Thus far we have not seen anyone wielding two keyblades of their own, it is always borrowed from another wielder. Sora uses Roxas' and Roxas uses Xion's. So the one he gave to Kairi likely wasn't his.

I think the reason the keyblade rejected Riku in KH1 was because he fell into darkness, he didn't coose it it just happened. At the end of KH1 when he was embracing darkness, he got the strength back to choose his fate and chose darkness. When he found that Ansem was using him as a tool he chose light to protect his friends. And by the time he finished Castle Oblivion he chose Twilight. The point being he chose his path, he didn't just allow one to come to him.

I don't think the realm of Kairi's keyblade is entirely relevant. But hers could be light or dark since it was found at TWTNW which is in between the two realms. I would be willing to bet light though.

I think I see where you're getting at with Sora but I want to rephrase it just to make sure. With the fact that Sora is the main character and all the snags in theories seem to land on him, he maybe using an entirely different set of conditions to have his keyblade. I do think that is possible but we don't have much evidence for that yet.

14. Shift Chaser

I don't doubt that Riku actually did touch her light and summon it, then gave it back to her.
    I mean, she's a PoH, full Light heart, should be easier to it with her or something .-.

But Sora actually did summon his, she didn't, that's what i'm saying, she needed help, which probably means she doesn't know how to do it yet.
    Like, when you fight Xemnas in the end of KH2, just before going to fight you open the door with the keyblades, however, she doesn't summon hers, not even when inside KH.

Say, you remember if Riku was using WtD when he summoned hers?
    I'm starting to think it could be kinda like what Roxas did to Xion in days now >_> (Of course, not counting the whole energy share and whatnot).
    What do you mean?
    Roxas couldn't summon the keyblade by himself until day 3, and even then, it only happened in the station of awakening.
    By your previous logic he should've doen it when he picked up the stick in day 2.
    Sora used Ven's, or Mickey's/Yen Sid's Star Seeker, i don't know, after BBS came it i kinda got lost >_>
    But i know it wasn't Roxas's, cause Roxas's = his.
    It rejected him because he let Darkness take over his actions, not because he used Darkness.
    By the end of CoM he already was almost in full control of it, only not because Ansem SoD was part of it.
    He also didn't choose to use Light, he choose not to use Darkness, it's not that different sure, but still.

Think it's confirmed to be Light's.
    Swear i've seen it somewhere.

He was confirmed to be the exception in rule of wielding keyblades (Due to getting one without any rite performed to him and whatnot), so i doubt his conditions are the usual ones too.

15. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Maybe when Sora took back his Keyblade from Riku it became his... he might not have needed anyone to summon it for him because he still had Ven's heart inside him at that point.

Like I said earlier I believe the Kingdom Key and Kingdom Key D were created when the X-Blade was destroyed and so Nomura used it in the sign for the Keyblade Graveyard. Not only that but it's the iconic weapon of the Kingdom Hearts franchise. You see it in every game you play... (even in BbS as a part of the X-Blade)

16. Mixt The dude that does the thing

He did promptly summon Way to Dawn after handing the keyblade to her.

Roxas was using one at the same time as Sora was battling through Castle Oblivion. Heck, they battled at Memories Skyscraper and Roxas was using both of his while Sora still held his own. So they can't be the same keyblade.

17. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Maybe there can be more than one of the same keyblade? Either that or Roxas was using Ven's while Sora was using his own. I mean the theory is that when Roxas was created he gained Ventus's heart. That's supposedly why they look alike. If you think about it you see that it's a bit confusing but it's entirely possible.

18. Shift Chaser

That battle was more of a mind thing so it doesn't count, but still:
    He got his emotions, shape and and i think Keyblade later on (Again, i'm confused, i've seen something in the BBS Ultimania saying both, Sora and Roxas's second keys where Ven's with another keychain, but not only that sounds quite a bit ... weird, but i swear i've also seen he say otherwise), but i don't think he got his "Heart", or'd be Ven completely.
    I think i've saw something talking about that too, but i don't remember it exactly, i'll look onto it.

19. Kaidron Blaze Kingdom Keeper

The Gale Valleys, before the darkness attacks...
    I'm not sure if this helps
    I was told that Sora and Roxas could dule whiled the keyblade because of Xion... I'm not quite sure how that workes though

20. Shift Chaser

It's kinda true.
    Though only for Roxas.
    Xion and Roxas shared their power "source", when one used too much power the other became weak or went comatose, etc.
    When Xion was gone, all the power went to Roxas, and that was enough for him to be able to summon a second Keyblade.
    It's kinda like Sora's drives, which drain his partners powers to allow him to use a Second Keyblade/Improve magic.
    Except it's permanent.