Birth by Sleep How Sora owns the keyblade?- Spoilers -

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Kaidron Blaze, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Kaidron Blaze Kingdom Keeper

The Gale Valleys, before the darkness attacks...
    But wouldn't Sora be able to summon two keyblades anyway? Since he has Ven's heart he's basicly got two keyblades hearts......

2. Shift Chaser

If you just needed the heart, Riku'd be able to Tri-wield by the end of CoM.
    But you also need a huge amount power to do it.

3. ShibuyaGato Transformation

I would've thought that as well, but Red makes a valid point.

But here's the thing. Riku had the power of darkness on his side. I figure that he had enough power to dual-wield during KH when he's fueled by the darkness.

4. Shift Chaser

It wasn't, i mean, Sora alon was still able to beat him, if he had all that power he'd be able to do more than that.
    Maybe when his body completely turned into Ansem SoD he had, but that one never even used a Keyblade.
    Though it does make sense when you think of his KH2 self, but i don't know, he's kind of weird.
    By Days he could wield a Keyblade just fine, but by Land of Dragons he still used Soul Eater.
    I don't know, the only logical reason i can think of is that just sheer power plus multiple hearts who could previously wield keyblades inside your bodies isn't enough.

*thinks*

Or, maybe he couldn't do like Sora did to Ven because Ansem SoD didn't wield anything.

...or maybe he could and we never knew because we never saw him fighting seriously with a Keyblade while he was Rikunort.

I'm not thinking on this anymore >_>

5. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Assuming you're talking about Ansem SoD, he's the heartless of Terranort. And we have yet to see a heartless wield an actual keyblade. Even if he's born from a dual hear he's still a heartless. And what Riku has at the end is the memory of being fused into the heartless. (Similar to Anti form being Sora's memories of being a heartless). So unless I completely missed what you were aiming at I can only see Riku with one keyblade.

6. Kaidron Blaze Kingdom Keeper

That does make sence in a way but I just had a thought
    Xion was just a copy with the ability to take Roxas's memories which aloud her to whild a keyblade, You would think that after she had gone nothing would change with in Roxas cos all she had was him... What I mean to say is: if she was only made from Roxas's memories then after he got them back off her nothing should of changed so why was he able to dual whild after that fight with Xion?

7. eentje Traverse Town Homebody

I don't get this anymore.....

8. Kaidron Blaze Kingdom Keeper

what don't you get? While we are happly arguing here I might as well exsplain lol

9. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Xion also absorbed some of Sora's memories.

Roxas absorbed Xion. He forgot about her but he was able to use her keyblade as one of his own after that. My guess is that he also absorbed some of Sora's memories because of what happened at Memories Skyscraper between him and Riku. I think his second Keyblade appeared because of him absorbing Xion and because of some of Sora's memories being inside him.

Makle any sense?

10. eentje Traverse Town Homebody

Well, I always thougt I knew the whole thing about dual wielding, but now that you all are talking about it, it just doesn't make sense anymore, Why could Sora only use dual wield within KHII?

11. Kaidron Blaze Kingdom Keeper

don't forget to spoiler tag just in case!

Well in some ways it's up for debate you could always just put your own veiws across and take in what we all say lols. Though I will admite it can be a bit confusing

12. Shift Chaser

That's what i'm thinking too.
    Though not because he's a heartless, but because his memories are locked.
    She drained Roxas power and Sora's memories, and Roxas was able to dual-wield because when she faded back to Sora she stopped draining him.
    Roxas didn't absorb Xion.
    She disappeared into Sora, and without her around draining his powers, Roxas went Limit Break, which allowed him to sumon Ven's Keyblade just like Sora does in his drives.
    Xion Key was never real IIRC too.

Cause of his new clothes.

13. Limex Destiny Islands Resident

its easy.

Riku got the ability to wield a keyblade of light from Terra,

But when Riku turned to the darkness and shuned his light intentions of protecting his friends , thus embraching the darkness the Keyblade found its way to sora " Whos heart and intentions where made of light" and thus Sora got his keyblade and Riku was left without one.

however following the events of kh 1-2 though riku no longer posses his original keyblade that was inteaded for him he still posses the ablity to have one, witch he gains in kh 2 witch is a keyblade of darkness.

oh and Ventus being inside sora has nothing to do with soras ability to wield a keyblade, it IS however the reason he can duel wield,

2 hearts that posses keyblades= 2 keyblades , in one person = duel wield

and that is the story of that

and to answer eentje its easy.

just becouse you have the ability to do something dont mean you KNOW you can do it from the get go, take for example sports, jumping futher then you thought you could, or jumping higher, sprinting faster " etc" you dont know that you can do that from the get go.

and thus sora didnt knew he could duel wield, easy as that

not to mention in kh 1 he is an "in-mature" Keyblade wiealder, being far to young for it to normaly be used, and perhaps thus its full potentiol locked.

several logical reasons for this.

14. Mixt The dude that does the thing

I really hope Nomura explains this better at some point because there are several theories here that could work. Heck we have several people in this thread who "know" they are right but still have veiws that don't line up.

15. Kaidron Blaze Kingdom Keeper

I know what you mean but it's still fun discussing them isn't it?

16. HawkeyedOne Merlin's Housekeeper

From what I remember of KH1, it was a total accident that Sora go a hold of the keyblade in the first place. It was originally supposed to go to Riku, presumably because of Terra's actions in BBS. But as explained by Leon and Friends, the Keyblade would only go to someone with a pure heart, and because Riku was ready to give himself to the Darkness, it went to the nearest pure heart, which was Sora's. By the time Sora reaches Hollow Bastion in KH1, and he loses the Keyblade, it's because Riku was the real chosen one. The only reason Sora still has the Keyblade is because his heart is stronger than Riku's something that Riku accepts and respects. And he has his own Keyblade, but that's it's own plothole.

17. Kaidron Blaze Kingdom Keeper

It's not really a plot hole. I think Riku still has one cos his soul eater sword morphed into one due to his heart finally becoming pure... in it's own way

18. Mixt The dude that does the thing

How many times are we going to need to go over that Light and Darkness doesn't matter in a keyblade wielder? There are plenty of examples of dark hearts holding keyblades. And KH1 Riku is one of them. So even if you want to isolate that game for the sake of the example of Sora getting the keyblade, you still need to see that it was not because Riku became evil and lost it. Something else happened there. 'What' is up for speculation but the "Riku became dark and the keyblade went to the next best canidate" logic doesn't work.

19. Kaidron Blaze Kingdom Keeper

exsactly what I meant Riku's heart isn't light it's PURE, in it's own way. Cos he uses the power of Dawn: Darkness for the sake of the light

20. Mixt The dude that does the thing

How are you defining pure here? Even if we go with light intentions here instead of a light heart, Riku never should of lost it for more than a moment since his initial dive was to see the outside world but after that it was all to find his friends and then to resurect Kairi. And even if you want to exclude that Vanitus and MX both have keyblades.