Birth by Sleep How Sora owns the keyblade?- Spoilers -

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Kaidron Blaze, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Kaidron Blaze Kingdom Keeper

The Gale Valleys, before the darkness attacks...
    I mean pure as in sure of himself and not scared of what he is

2. Mixt The dude that does the thing

When did Riku ever really doubt himself? The most Riku ever doubted himself was when he was suprised at all the progress Sora was making. Right arround the time he took the keyblade from Sora.

3. Kaidron Blaze Kingdom Keeper

see that makes sence doesn't it. He wasn't sure of himself all the way through KH CoM and some of KH2 since he lookede like Ansem he wasn't sure it he was really himself

4. HawkeyedOne Merlin's Housekeeper

@Mint:

I'm not talking about keyblades in general when I talk about Riku, I'm talking about Sora's. We get the direct explanation from Riku that he should have gotten the Keyblade, but at the moment the Keyblade appeared Sora had a purer heart. We get a direct explanation from Xehanort's Heartless that the Keyblade goes to the one with the stronger heart, and since Xehanort's Heartless essentially has the combined experience and knowledge of Terra and Xehanort, and would know a lot about how Keyblades actually work. That's what I go on when I look at the Keyblade sora has, which may or may not be the x-blade from BBS (It could just be a redo of Terra's Keyblade, just in a different form, we just don't know how that type of thing works.)

5. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Well to understand how the keyblades choose a master we need to look at all of them. If I were given a singe table and asked to define what a table was (assuming I didn't already know) my definition wouldn't work right. I might say that tables have to be white because mine is painted that way; or I might not notice that they have to be elevated because I don't have enough examples to notice patterns. Your idea stands much better with multiple examples.

I would like to see this if you can remember where it is. To my knowledge the only hint in KH1 we get that Riku was chosen before everything was a flashback in which Riku sees a keyhole.

And you will never hear me say that a strong heart is not a factor because of this. Though I think you are overestimating his knowledge-base. He does have amnesia after-all. But even without the statement we still have the keyblade flip-flop to tell us the same thing.

I've heard theories on it being a part of the kye-blade, but I doubt that it is in itself the kye-blade. And I don't think that the passing of power surrenders your keyblade, it just lays the groundwork for the new person to obtain one. I mean IIRC the passing of power is for masters to choose apprentices originally. It wouldn't make sense for the master to then not have a keyblade. And Terra does still use his after the ritual. But this is a sub topic that we don't have much information on and is honestly pretty irrelevant.

6. Shift Chaser

If it helps, i remember him saying Maleficent told him, and then saying she was right after he actually grabbed it from Sora.

7. Misty gimme kiss

With a Keyblade in general, whether you're light or dark or in-between doesn't matter, yes. But Sora's Key is of the Realm of Light, that's a pretty good explanation for why Sora got it and Riku didn't--because in that moment, Riku chose darkness over light. Still, doesn't really explain why Riku was able to take it from Sora in Hollow Bastion, just tossing that point out there.

Maybe it's due to
    Ven's heart being inside of Sora, therefore the Kingdom Key chose the light heart.

8. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

Aren't keyblades either made of Light, Darkness or hearts? The later being the rarest.

If this is the case then couldn't it be made out of Ven's heart/light and it was awakened when Riku came in to contact with the darkness. I'm not sure but this is just a theory.

I thought Sora was just destined to have the keyblade to begin with since he has such a strong heart but now I'm not so sure that that's all there is to it. If it was caused by Ven's heart inside him then that would make sense, it wouldn't be Ven's keyblade because that's Ven's not Sora's, the keyblade shapes itself around the wielder.

I have a thought, the Ultimate Keyblade is like Sora's keyblade, is there are reason for this, could it be connected?

9. HawkeyedOne Merlin's Housekeeper

This brings up the wierd fact that by the end of Kingdom Hearts, Sora's body contains 3 hearts: His own, Kairi's, and
    Ven's
    ... Wait a minute plot-hole. So, the dark keyblade had the ability to unlock hearts, right? So, shouldn't it also have
    unlocked Ven's as well?
    Maybe that explains who the hooded guy you fight in Final Mix is? But why would he start attacking Sora? Blargh!

10. Mixt The dude that does the thing

I wouldn't call that a plot hole. I actually think that helps explain something. At Sora's "release" Kairi's heart returned to her body, Sora's heart became a heartless, and Ven's heart went to Roxas. I had always found it weird the Roxas just ended up with Ven's heart but that actually makes a lot more sense. And hooded guy in KH1:FM is definitely Xemnas.

11. HawkeyedOne Merlin's Housekeeper

Fair enough with the secret encounter. Still, the Dark Keyblade, though creating one of my favorite scenes in all of games, raises some isses. Around the time that Sora was holding the thing, he had three hearts in him, and Riku had a (potential?) of 4-
    His, Xehanort's, Terra's and Eraqus;.
    Though, we don't know how Xehanort's heartless actually works as an identity. Technically, whenever he turned into a heartless he was 3 different people. We also don't know what Ansem's thing did to Terra's leftover bits.

12. Kaidron Blaze Kingdom Keeper

In a way this would help exsplain why Roxas still had emotions even as a Nobody....

13. Sufris Twilight Town Denizen

Oh my gawd.

Did I mention I looked through everything and got a headache? Yeah, this is pretty complicated.

Though, I find it weird how Soul Eater has no keychain...or teeth. Maybe it wasn't a real Keyblade? IDK, just my random theory.

14. Kaidron Blaze Kingdom Keeper

It's common knowledge that the soul eater WASN'T a keyblade! It was acctually a sword Maleflicent gave to Riku because it gained power through darkness

15. Sufris Twilight Town Denizen

It was?

I feel stupid now. XD

Okay then~ I just didn't play KHI (sad, I know) So...>.>

Wait, clarification: You guys are debating on how Riku got Soul Eater, or who he got WTD?

16. Chevalier Crystal Princess

Don't get too confused though. Half the stuff said here is too convoluted, and is most likely not thought out by nomura. There are many things which are irrelevant, and some details can't be explained regardless of how many prequels saying this person's heart went into the clone, and the clone yadayadayada.

17. Sufris Twilight Town Denizen

Well, that's true. :3

With all these theories, it's just hard to follow to some extent.

18. Kaidron Blaze Kingdom Keeper

It is in a way but like I said before it's fun descusing them for the fact we can find out how everyone else veiws each theroy and how they think it works (providing there isn't anything controdicting it lol)

19. Xeitr The False Image Gummi Ship Junkie

it doesn't matter whether your dark or light when it comes to what kind of keyblade you get...a keyblade of darkness is just a keyblade from the realm of darkness and a keyblade of light is just from the realm of light...it just comes down to where your keyblade comes from that determines what kind of keyblade it is...this is how mickey has a keyblade of darkness his came from the realm of darkness...so it really only matters what realm your in at the time you gain your keyblade and or pick it up.

roxas has vens heart so he can wield a keyblade...he wields soras keyblade at the same time as sora because a keyblade is multidimensional and aspacial (lacking space) as it's form is merely the strength of your heart brought into a physical existence...(hence it dissapears when held by someone with a weak heart it has nothing to manifest itself with)
    if someone had a heart with four-fold strength they could summon up to four of the same keyblade because its their heart manifesting it...the look of the keyblade i'm theorising
    is based on the persons soul (as nomura stated heart body and soul are the main parts of people in these games)

now as far as how keyblades change shape with different keychains i'm going to assume keychains are a piece of someones soul...so when you attach it to the keyblade it takes
    a form that suits that persons soul...(e.g. if jack skellington were to have a key blade wielding worthy heart his would be one of the the two you get from kh1 or kh2 based on if he got the keyblade when he was obsessed with Christmas or not...as Christmas was affecting his very being to that extent)

so keychains channel a person living or deads soul to give the keyblade a new form.

i'm thinking soul eaters name isn't a coincidence...it feeds off its wielders soul...i'm betting it would have eventually killed riku (getting rid of any future nuisance against maleficient) but riku was too strong for it and ended up bending it to his will...and so it changed with rikus soul instead of riku changing with soul eater (into pure darkness) creating way to the dawn when it absorbed some of the light infused darkness within him

20. Sufris Twilight Town Denizen

I would say this is a valid theory/ies. Only, there's something I'd like to question--if I may, of course. Soul Eater was never really a Keyblade, from what Docyx no15, so why would it suddenly become a Keyblade? I assume you think it's the whole soul-keychain thing, based on your theory/ies. If it's not, care to elaborate?

And I've also heard (read) that Roxas was so close to Ven's heart that he used his Keyblade, not Sora's. Correct me if I'm wrong?

Other than that, I like your theory. It makes sense (to me, at least) if you mix it with the game. :3