~how to save her life~

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Xaale, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Xaale Sylph of Hope

Yeah...I was listening to how to save a life (my favorite song) and came up with this. It's not a oneshot, there will be more chapters.

Prologue:

Sora was walking along the beach of Destiny Islands with Kairi and Riku. The cool breeze blew around them, cooling down the remaining blaze of the setting sun. Warm colors danced along the horizon, making the ocean's roaring waters appear orange. It was a day like any other.

The trio of teenagers sat down by the shoreline, the salty water rushing calmly up to their feet. It was a peaceful spot, and they were the only one's there. Sora decided to lay back on the tangerine colored sand. It had been so long ago that he had returned to Destiny Islands with Riku. He turned his bushy head to look at his silver haired friend and then to his crimson haired crush.

He sighed, and looked back out to the ocean. A sudden noise behind him caused him to lose his thoughts. He and Riku stood up and spun around, only to be face-to-face with a heartless. It was a kind he had never seen before, with a scrawny black head and yellow eyes attatched to stalks coming from the side of it's frog-like head. It had four small legs, barely the size of a quarter of its body, and a scorpion shaped tail.

Sora summoned his keyblade, a sudden rush of cold going through his hand until the shining weapon appeared. Sora dashed forward, as well as Riku, and slashed their weapons into the frog like heartless. It screeched, and then multiplied into two more enemies. Sora clenched his teeth and groaned. The heartless couldn't be defeated by physical attacks.

He shouted, "FIRAGA!" A blast of fire erupted from the end of his keyblade, scorching ight through two of the heartless. When he looked around, the other one could not be seen. A sick feeling came into his stomach when he realized they had left Kairi alone. He pivoted on his right foot and saw he was too late. The heartless was behind her, and it's scorpion tail had gone into her heart. Sora yelled, "NO! KAIRI!" and then shot a ray of ice at the heartless. It squealed and was flung back into the ocean.

Sora ran as fast as he could and barely caught Kairi before she hit the ground. Riku ran over and helped Kairi up. She was fading, and tears rolled down Sora's face. She was becoming a heartless, and wouldn't recognize her two friends.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kairi's heartless was a pathetic little thing, but Sora was keen to get her back before she was captured by the other heartless. He was clueless as to what to do, besides to bring her to the hospital. There, they could keep her heartess away from people so no harm could be done to either her or someone else.

Sora watched as they tied the little shadow in a steel cage. Once the medical people left, Sora knelt down and stuck his hand through one of the bars. The yellow eyes looked at Sora's, and the heartless Kairi walked over and gripped his hand.

At first, Sora thought it would try to scratch at him, but it just held his hand. He felt his cobalt blue eyes sting with tears and he said, "Don't worry Kairi. We'll change you back. We'll find a way."

Sora stood up, but he couldn't. The skinny little fingers of Kairi were still holding his hand. He tried to smile and say, "I'll visit you every day until you're back to normal. I promise." He wasn't sure if Kairi could recognize him, but from her actions Sora could believe that she did.

He walked through the cold metal halls of the small Destiny Islands hospital until he reached the exit. No one was in the waiting room, not even Riku. The burly teen had been with Sora when he went in, but he must have left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few days had passed, and Sora had visited the heartess every day. He had also become friendly with one of the nurses, whose name was Mrs. Murray. She was a tall, skinny red head who felt a lot of sympathy for Sora. She had even told him that her mother had been killed by heartless, which must have been very difficult for her.

Sora was on his way again that day, in a good mood. Mrs. Murray had said that they were almost certain that they could cure her in the next few days. When he entered, the zeeeeing of the door couldn't be heard over the chatter and anxious nurses. Sora sat in the waiting room and waited.

It seemed like days had passed before one of the white clad nurses came to Sora. "Who are you here to see," she said in her silky smooth voice. Sora looked up at her, and pushed his brunette hair out of his eyes. "I'm here to see Kairi."

"Oh," replied the nurse. "...Right this way, then." Sora guessed that the nurse was just shy and followed her. Inside the room, Sora could see some nurses with tears in their eyes. One of them came up to Sora, and he recognized her as Mrs. Murray.

"I'm sorry, Sora." A lump formed in his throat as he waited for the answer. "Kairi has been poisened by the heartless that took her heart. She can be turned back to normal only if she didn't have the poisen. I'm sorry...she's going to die unless we find a cure."

2. Sumi suicidé

this is one TIGHT story! i can't wait for more!

3. Xaale Sylph of Hope