Hunter x Hunter - 1999 VS 2011

Discussion in 'Music' started by Jin, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Jin うごかないで

I'll direct this more at the openings of Hunter x Hunter 1999 and the Ending songs of 2011. Really both are amazing but I wish that Hunter x Hunter 2011 had diffrent openings - It's getting pretty boring having Departure as the opening of Hunter x Hunter 2011.

But What I would like to direct your attention to would be the amazing opening for 1999.

and also with 2011 I have to say I absolutely love the ending songs for it, especially 1 3 and 5 they are really all amazing songs.

In contrast to some of HxH 1999 ending songs which used to make me feel uneasy I absolutely love 2011. If only they gave 2011 the variety of openings that 1999 has and 1999 some of the amazing endings that 2011 had it'd be amazing.

2. LARiA Twilight Town Denizen

Why?

Regarding 1999 vs 2011, I must say I far prefer the color palette and artistic interpretations evident in the former. The 2011 version has too many neon colors, which hurts my sensitive eyes-- and I've noticed a particular quirk in style, pertaining to the ladies. Why do all of 'em have pink hair?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Shame on whoever decided on the color scheme; I also disagree with the choice of colors on Neferpitou's costume. Now, whilst the 1999 ver. obviously trumps the newer version in this respect it has nothing on the 2011 version's animation, which I hear hasn't degraded at all since its debut 100+ episodes ago. For a shonen anime series, that's a laudable feat.

Oh, and the first ending theme from 2011--? Good grief. Absolutely horrid. Poor taste, doesn't fit the series nonesoever. Shan't even compare it to the majestic beauty that is Kaze no Uta.

3. Jin うごかないで

It might be due to the sound quality in the MKV files I have which makes it sound off but I'm not sure what it is, Especially ending theme 1 for 1999. Now we all have our own opinions especially when it comes to Music used for certain things and I've never really said Just Awake fits the series, I doubt ending songs really need to fit the series either. But I really love Ending 1 because it shows that throughout everything that happens through the Exam Arc; especially when it comes down to it that four main protagonists friendship is unbreakable. If one of them intends to run a whole stretch of Baran wasteland looking for something; the other 3 will follow. if one intends to jump off a cliff into the abyss the other 3 will follow. Which in respect fits the series perfectly. The ending song however having a load of screaming and what not doesn't fit the Series itself. but it goes well with the idea and concept animated for the ending.

But really how does a song fit a series. I realize that this must be just your opinion of course and thats fine I just feel it's wrong to say that Just awake Is in poor taste because I believe it's still a good song, especially the english version; which in respect really does fit the first ending's moral and message at least from my perspective it does