Re:Coded I hate the avatar sector.

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Gelatinous Ghost, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Gelatinous Ghost Twilight Town Denizen

Between school, homework, eating, sleeping, and work, I hardly have time to play video games these days. I knew I had the burning desire to do a 100 floor sweep of the avatar sector though. So, I plugged my DS into the charger. Over 2 days, after school and before work I toiled, repeatedly scaling floors and getting the max multiplier on every 10th floor, leaving my DS closed whenever I left for school or work and plugged in so it wouldn't power down. Then I got anxious, and started avoiding all unnecessary foes. Eventually, I spawned a giant heartless mob and got cornered. I was KO'd, and lost all my SP(I had over 3 million). And this happened on the 97th floor. Son of a B****. I went ahead and continued the last three floors and beat the last opponent anyways. It angered me more how easy he was, as I thought of how my 4 mil SP could have been 8 mil. The stat chips I could have had. The 10 game hours over 2 days I spent traversing repetitive floors over and over again. I am so disappointed. So livid. Needless to say, I will find other means of obtaining chips to fill my stat matrix. Because I am never doing that again. /End rant ​

2. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I'm sure if you try again when you have free time you'll do better

3. Gelatinous Ghost Twilight Town Denizen

Maybe. I don't know if you've tried the full avatar sector personally, but you can't just get that much SP in an hour. It takes many many hours of gameplay. And you cannot save and quit either. It's either leave the sector with what you have or keep going and get more SP with the multipliers. So the only way to do it is to do it all at once, or leave the DS plugged in and on for days, like I did. I don't have the time for either. ​

4. Iskandar King of Conquerors

reminds me of the tower on Phantasy Star 0. But I've had to do those before, and I guess you can either choose to do it over, stick with what you get and pile on more doing other stuff, or whatever else you can think of

5. Gelatinous Ghost Twilight Town Denizen

It's just how much time I put into doing it and how redundant the floors are that makes redoing the whole 100 floors seem repulsive to me. ​

6. Iskandar King of Conquerors

you get that with every 100 floor dungeon in almost every game that has one. Phantasy Star 0, Rogue Galaxy, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, etc. They're a pain, but if you're not happy, you can really only try again. I know the time it takes, heck the Phantasy Star 0 is longer. It's not fun. But still, there's always that nice feeling of accomplishment when you get it done right

7. ♥♦♣♠∟uxord♥♦♣♠ Banned

You should try listening to music. Makes things way more fun. But what is this Avatar Sector?

8. Gelatinous Ghost Twilight Town Denizen

But then comes the question: Is it really worth it? Truth be told, I just wish to fill the stat matrix to get the trophy for it. I want the secret ending is all. There are more ways to get chips than the avatar sector. ​

9. Kayate King's Apprentice

Oh my. All my condolences go to you. Quite a difficult conquest, eh?
    Always make sure to take out at least a few enemies that aren't necessary...So that you can always be prepared o:

10. Gelatinous Ghost Twilight Town Denizen

I tried this, but found it was a bad idea. I couldn't hear the heartless spawn and would get struck preemptively at the cost of large quantities of SP. The avatar sector is an optional menu in Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded where you can build a custom 100 floor system sector to complete. The more SP you gather, the better the prizes you can obtain. And I would have had them all too, if not for 2 Invisibles, 3 Magicians, 6 Bandits, and two Wyverns. $@3%&! :(​

11. Iskandar King of Conquerors

well, if there's other ways, just do them. If it takes too long, just do this again. You have options, it's just how you feel about doing them that limits you
    ...What am I, a philosopher?

12. Gelatinous Ghost Twilight Town Denizen

Holy f***!

...You are right.

Thanks. I will use this nugget of gaming wisdom for all of time now. Hindsight is a b****. ​

13. Llave Superless Moderator

That is a pain, i also find it a pain to collect all the avatar clothing as well. I must say i have never gone through 100 floors... But if it were me, i would do it again just to get all that i could and see if i could get more SP than before.

14. Stella Nox Fleuret Hollow Bastion Committee

I didn't hate it, it was a nice addition, but God...so much collecting...so I just stuck in my Action Replay and did it the easy way.

No, not really, though I felt compelled to. I enjoyed customising it though. :3 Not really worth it, but hey.

15. Kaidron Blaze Kingdom Keeper

The Gale Valleys, before the darkness attacks...
    I would of found the Avtar sector better if it wasn't so hard to collect everything you ether had to have millions of friends to get hold of every item or cheat...... or even harder wait for years for the "fake" ballons

16. Cloudrunner62 Twilight Town Denizen

The Avartar sector is a feature in Coded and Re: Coded (DS game). For me its a lot of fun, though I haven't tried to actually do every floor.

17. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

I haven't tried it myself...