Support Solved Ideas for program?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Shika93, Jul 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shika93 Merlin's Housekeeper

I have to write a program in assembler (of MIPS). There's anyone who knows what I'm talking about?
    I'm looking for ideas. I don't know what kind of program make.

The problem is that I don't use a device or a sensor to acquire datas and elaborate it with my program but will have on it the datas.
    For example calculate arithmetic mean, recognize prime numbers, solve equations or another.
    These examples obviously have already been made. I'd like make something else.

Even if you don't know what I'm talking you could help me to find an idea.
    Thanks!

2. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

First think of something you will use.

Some ideas:

- A programmable stopwatch/alarm program.
    - A program to sort a list in various ways: alphabetical, reverse alphabetical, random order.

3. Mixt The dude that does the thing

So if I'm hearing you right, you won't have any external input or output done by the program, but will be able to insert the data you want directly and see the result with some kind of program monitor?

I guess an important question here is just how high your skill level is. What kinds of programs have you already done? I mean of the three options you listed, the last two are very ambitious (depending on where you restrain them) and even the first involves non-natural numbers cropping up. Like if I give the set {1, 1, 2} the mean will be 1 1/3, but in binary (using one byte as the floating portion) you will get 1.33203125 returned. Is that close enough? Can you fix it?

Just because something has been done before doesn't mean it isn't worth your time. Especially in assembly languages, it can take a while to get anywhere really unique.

4. Shika93 Merlin's Housekeeper

Thanks!
    Not bad, but with this cpu I don't know if exist a command to use its clock. Without clock, made a stopwatch is boring xD
    I like it!
    Very nearly. To program this cpu we use a simulator. With this simulator (SPIM) we can modify contents of registers or insert datas from the keyboard with a special instruction that opens a window (like Windows) to display some part of contents of registers or insert data with keyboard.
    I hate programming. I programmed in C and "now" assembler but never done it before. I studied theory and now I have to make a program to complete this exam.
    Exactly! An example: I make a program to solve an equation like ax=b, or ax^2+bx+c=d and to find x with all kind of a,b,c,d as real number. A quadratic equation is tough because I can solve for x as real or x as complex.
    No no no no no, a simple program. Of course if we put all sets of numbers, we're done!

5. Patman Bof

^This. With such a low level language you' ll have a hard time being original. The only thing I can think of out of the blue would be a magic eight ball / numerology program using your own bullshit analysis. Simple and ludicrous, but fun.

You could also try to find a programmable math magic trick. Hardly original, but fun too.

6. libregkd -

7. Shika93 Merlin's Housekeeper

8. libregkd -

9. Shika93 Merlin's Housekeeper

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.