Full Chorus: I'll Make a Man Out of You [KHV Chorus]

Discussion in 'KHV Chorus' started by Jayn, Oct 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

Google Images is your best friend xD

2. P Banned

How to Use Audacity

Getting the Stuff

Go here and download the version for your computer. (Use the 1.3 series.) Install it in the manner appropriate for your OS.

Go here to download and save the Mulan instrumental to somewhere on your computer. (Or whatever instrumental you may be using.)

Opening the Instrumental

Open Audacity. You'll should see this.

Open the Mulan instrumental with Audacity. In a Mac, it's File>Open. Navigate to where you saved the Mulan instrumental, and open it.

You should now see this. There are two tracks, for the two stereo tracks.

Recording

Open the Audacity preferences and look under the 'Recording' tab for the Overdub option. Make sure it is ticked, so you can hear the instrumental as you record. Mine looks like this, but yours may be slightly different.

Press the red button up top. A new track will begin to record, as can be seen here

Listen through the instrumental until you get to the part with the lines you need to sing, at which point, sing them. When the song is finished, press the yellow, square stop button. You should end up with something like this.

Fixing Errors

Of course, you'll probably screw up somewhere. That's why you can do it multiple times. Click mute on the mistake'd track, as in here. Next, click before the area where you made a mistake and press the record button. You can now sing the part again. When you're done, press the stop button. You'll end up with this. You can do this procedure as many times as needed, until all lines are correct on at least one track.

Editing

Now we have to delete everything except the lines you're gonna use. (You can now unmute any muted tracks.) We want to use the Split Delete tool. You do this by selecting the unwanted lines, as in here, and using Split Delete on it. On a Mac, the shortcut for it is Option+Command+K, but on a PC, at a guess, it would be Alt+Control+K. It will yield this result.

Continue doing this until you've only got your lines left. Mine looks like this.

Now we remove the instrumental track too, by pressing the X on the top-left of those two tracks. We're left with this.

Sending to Jayn

Now the hard work is done, we just need to export it. Go File>Export, and choose where to save the file. Make sure it is in WAV format. It'll look somewhat like this.

Ignore this metadata thing that pops up. Just hit 'OK'. Likewise, hit OK on the Mono Channel warning.

You're done! Now go and upload your file to some filehost, or email it to Jayn.

3. NemesisPrime Hollow Bastion Committee

That's what I prefer to do. Just sing the whole song and only use the parts where I'm involved and the black lines.

4. Iskandar King of Conquerors

thanks, I could really use this when I get to it. I was planning on getting it done today, but my brother complained to my mom about me being on the computer for too long (it was only an hour) so I got kicked off and now it's too late to do anything. I swear, if this happens the whole week, I'm going to be really annoyed, because I really want to get this done

5. Feenie Finny, Fin of the Feenie Fish

Sent you the rest of my lines, Jayn.

6. Midnight Star Master of Physics

P, you managed to make something that I found fairly simple appear complicated for me. xD I don't bother with any of the overlaying tracks nonsense. I just play the youtube vid in another tab thingy and just record me singing to it. If that didn't make any sense, ignore me.

7. NemesisPrime Hollow Bastion Committee

For the bloopers Mind If I sing Team Four Star's Version of this song?

[video=youtube;V06DISKajss]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V06DISKajss&feature=related[/video]

8. Kayate King's Apprentice

9. Jayn

Guys, everyone is still singing together. It'll be funny if we can at least make it out. At this rate it's just going to be noise with a Mulan backtrack and no one will be able to make anything out.

We have people singing in different languages and people singing random versions of the song which is great and all. But a blooper reel generally still has the same lyrics. Like Still Alive. Same lyrics, Ace being lulzy about it and some out takes.

I already let the other languages happen, so you guys can do that version. But this will be impossible to make out/ mix properly. Be as ridiculous as you want this time because it's already noise, but next time I'm restricting it to the original lyrics. Just so I can actually mix it right without everyone being overpowered... ... By each other.

Britishism pretty much dropped out. If someone who is NOT currently in the chorus can do his parts asap, that'd be awesome. I'll update the OP later.

10. Midnight Star Master of Physics

We kind of need 2 blooper tracks. One for all the different languages and one for the actual bloopers all with the actual lyrics, or just about. Though that would possibly be too much work for you.

11. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

I'll take Britishism's parts.

12. Fork These violent delights have violent ends

Oh well the language track was just something extra if you get an idea of some sort. Not to be actually be put in the blooper reel.
    You can take it off lol. You already have an actual blooper from me anyway >_>

13. Jayn

Alright. Thanks. Just get me a picture when you can, too. Bigger than 93 x 293.

14. NemesisPrime Hollow Bastion Committee

Sorry, I just thought I'd be funny.

15. KH2man13 Gummi Ship Junkie

Just a heads up, I won't be able to get my part in until tomorrow night at the latest.

16. Jayn

I'm not scolding anyone. No need to apologize. You guys can do it. I'm just letting you all know now it's going to sound pretty jumbled at this point. But it'll sound jumbled anyway because of the different languages, so go ahead. Everyone. Just go all out with this one, it's all good.

@Forsaken: It's fine, I'll use it.

@Midnight: I could do two different reels. But there wouldn't be enough content in the 'real' bloopers one in comparison so it'd be kind of useless, unfortunately.

@KH2man13: Alrighty.~

17. Mixt The dude that does the thing

It's looking like if I'm going to be able to do this it would be down to the wire. My house is just too noisy unless I'm home alone. I'm just gonna drop this now so that I'm not leaving anybody scrambling to cover me at the end.

18. Princess Rapunzel Flower, gleam and glow

May I still join or is it too late? This song used to be one of my favorites as a kid and I would always sing to it.

19. Jayn

You can take Mixt's parts if you want. Go to the OP and see what they are. I'll replace his name with yours. Just get a picture/the lines into me ASAP.

@Mixt: Thank you for letting me know.

20. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I'm just wondering, why not make a video with the normal lyrics and a blooper video as well. I mean, if you've got a part with different languages, but also wanted a video that did it properly, why not make 2 videos?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.