Full Chorus: I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) [KHV Chorus]

Discussion in 'KHV Chorus' started by Jayn, Apr 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayn

Updated again.

Things got confusing because Llave edited his post after venster posted, so venster got first pick. Two ninjas.

Other then that yeah, if you haven't ever participated in KHV Chorus, I need a picture. If you haven't participated in any of the choruses from Thriller and up, then I need a picture. Information on that picture is in the opening post.

2. Vexen<3 Merlin's Housekeeper

Confusing layout is confusing. >____<;;;; Soooooooooo.......

I'll sing harmonies if anyone is needed for harmonies/backup? Cause I love singin dem kinds o' harmoniez to songs.

3. Llave Superless Moderator

Venster ye wee ninja!

Ok, then just

「23」da da da da (//da da da da//)
    da da da da (//da da da da//)
    dum diddle dum diddle dum diddle lalala.

「24」da da da da (//da da da da//)
    da da da da (//da da da da//)
    dum diddle dum diddle dum diddle lalala.

4. Mish smiley day!

So uh.. everything appears to be taken pretty much? Damn you ninjas!

I'll take 9, which I think is the only solo left.

And I'll take.. everything else that is left? xD;

5. Jayn

Mmkay. Updated again. There's one more open 'quartet', and then it's totally full.

Remember that if have do drop out, you have until April 12th to do that without penalty.

Those of you who I need picture from have until April 10th to get them to me. If I don't get one by then, I'm going to pick it myself.

@Vexen: Alrighty.~ I'll still need a picture from you, but the harmony thing works.

6. Vexen<3 Merlin's Housekeeper

Also I noticed, but for the best quality of mixing, you might want to say what kbps is needed, and I suggest .wav instead of .mp3 for the best sound (unless your mixing program and their audio program supports better formats, but .wav tends to be the going thing thats friendly with all programs and has decent quality). Just a suggestion if you want the mix to sound nice an' all. o.ob

You might also want them to record separate files for each part. Oftentimes even when someone records their parts to the timing, it can get a little off-track with the other participators. Then you'd have to go in and cut it all out yourself to do fine-tuning timing and thats more hassel than its worth imo. Having the parts separated will make it easier on you mixing wise because then you'll be able to shifty it as much as you like until everything lines up. This also helps better with resampling/stretching of certain parts, say, if someone cut off their note too quick and you need to stretch just that part out. Without having to search the whole song file for that one area.

7. Jayn

'Kay. Thanks.

@Thread: I still want them in MP3. WAV is great quality and all, but it's too big when you do several of these with so many participants and it really doesn't matter much for what we're doing here.

Still want them in one file, too. I've had absolutely no problem with any of it, so.

...But I've already explained all of this to you guys, so you get it.

8. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

Jayn, just throwing this out there, would it be better to change the majority of solos in duets seeing as interest is pretty high?

9. Mish smiley day!

I got the impression that there is a reason behind the lack of lines to claim. :B Perhaps Jayn is busy this week, nothing wrong with making things a little easier on herself once in a while!

10. Jayn

Thank you, Mish.

And yes, solos are the easiest to deal with. Quartets are a decent number to work with, not overwhelming. And we never end up with a full chorus. There hasn't been a song yet without drop outs, and if someone is that interested they can always ask me to let them know when someone does.

I am more unmotivated and depressed then I am busy, and I have a lot of work to do for the KHV Chorus Album. Even with the lack of lines, this song will still be a lot of effort because of all of the overlay, and the references I have to make.

Around the 14th, the newly hired KHV Chorus helpers will be put to the test for a Duet Roulette. If I can secure some people and get some consistent help, then it won't all fall on me like this and I'll be able/willing to deal with more people if there is a high demand.

My apologies though. If anyone is that eager to join, you can just take my lines.

11. greater_bloo Gummi Ship Junkie

You are one busy student Excasr. o.O
    But anyway you will be missed!
    Be sure to give it your all in whatever it is you need to do!

12. Fearless A good and beautiful child

Just put me down for anything that's left.
    /came in late

13. Jayn

DAT REFERENCE.
    (click me)​
    This is not perfect at all. It's just a very rough reference, if you need. I made the harmonies way louder than my main vocals, so you could hear it better since that's what the reference is for.

Forgive the random giggle in the middle. It was just so bad I couldn't help it. (I know this song, of course, who doesn't. But I don't know the harmonies very well, lawl.) I messed up a lot, but it should help for harmony placement.

14. Feenie Finny, Fin of the Feenie Fish

I miss Blayn xD

This is very good Jayn! It'll help those who'd like to use it.

But I really don't think I should use it, considering that I need to try to keep my accent Scottish, and if I sing along with Americans I begin sounding American myself >.> And that would completely ruin it all. There needs to be at least one Scot singing a Scottish song, but it's not as if I actually have a very Scottish accent anyway.

15. Jayn

I understand, haha. You go all scott on this song, boyyy.

And you mention Blayn an awful lot. Maybe he should sing you some yaoi love song.

16. Korosu Kingdom Keeper

Oh god, how I giggled.

I'm planning to record tomorrow or later today. Lines should be up tomorrow..or later today. derp.

17. Feenie Finny, Fin of the Feenie Fish

...Please, Jayn. What is your definition of "a lot"?
    Because I've only mentioned him once.

And...just....no please no 0_o
    That's just creepy.

I'll have to considering I chose the first solo xD

18. Always Dance Chaser

God damn, I cannot believe I didn't see this thread. I really wanted to be in this one. I'm literally angry with rage.

19. KH2man13 Gummi Ship Junkie

20. Excasr The Forgotten XIII

This chorus kind of was closed very fast. It must be a good music.

I'm really looking forward for it everyone! I know it will be a great song just like the another ones!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.