I'm just broken....

Discussion in 'Help with Life' started by daxma, Feb 22, 2009.

1. Scott Pilgrim Banned

As for the site, you've never been one to cause conflict. I don't know you too well, but I'm sure this is just what you think. If some people do indeed dislike you, then I would, in your position, ignore them and avoid confrontation. If this does not work out, then take a much needed break. Not too long, just about a week. The people bothering you should forget about you and move on.

For real life, I wish I could help you. All I can suggest is basically the same thing. Just avoid human confrontation for a little while. Just lay low for a bit. You should be fine.

2. Repliku Chaser

I know for one thing, I don't hate you. xD And others who posted here obviously don't dislike you either. You are cool to talk to, debate with and discuss things.

I will say if some members (not all because it is definitely not all) may be getting a negative attitude towards you, it may be because at times you can be rather abrasive or well, to be honest as I tend to be, sometimes you come off as having a superiority complex. You talk down to some people occasionally and it can hurt them. If you curb that some, I am sure that things will clear up for you around here. It's obvious that you don't feel you are superior to others, so you might want to watch how you word things sometimes when you disagree with someone's opinion. Then you cover yourself and also get your idea across with less of a reaction in the negative. You're a good person and they'll see that and if they don't, oh well. We can't make everyone happy and at times some people take things way too seriously if someone does disagree.

I hope that didn't offend you because you are cool to me. Things will get better here, I'm sure, so hang in there, buddy. As for outside of the forums, try to see if you can recognize anything that might seem stand offish to others. Maybe as corny as it sounds, try to think of what you said to some people, record it for yourself and leave it alone for a day or two. Then play it back to yourself and pretend someone said it to you and see if it makes you feel negative. It's a good way to catch things. Or well, another idea is to ask some people to be straight up with you and see what their thoughts are. Of course, try to do this with someone who is known to be rather honest and not just a ******. Hope you feel better soon, man.

3. Explode Who?!

I've been pretty mad at myself this year; I take a lot of pride in the quality of my work (school or otherwise), but I've had so much to do this year, that I've needed to significantly sacrifice quality in order to finish everything. Because of that, I feel disgusted with myself at times, or I fear that I'm losing the parts of myself that I used to like.

Basically, I can relate, but that doesn't mean that I can't give advice on the matter.

As bizarre as it sounds, take the time to get to know yourself. Just lay down, relax, and reflect on your life. If you feel as though you're turning into someone you don't like, think carefully about what was different in the times that you were at your best. Do some of the things you used to do, or find new things that will make you happy.

And the world always seems about ten times darker when you are sleep derprived. Recently, I was so stressed and unmotivated that I started sobbing because of it. My mom forced me to go to sleep early, I ended up getting 12 hours of sleep, and I couldn't believe how much better I felt. Seriously, try it.

I know what you mean about the way the people on this site have been acting lately. It pisses me off too, but if no one else is behaving properly, the best thing to do is take the high road and set an example. Nothing good ever comes from adding to the s*** storm. I'll admit, I don't particularly like you, for some of the reasons Repliku mentioned (I still want you to be happy though :D), but other people do like and respect you, probably more than you think. Those who admire you may follow your example.

Don't worry, you're 15-years old, EVERYBODY goes through some form of identity crisis around this age. Even so, I wish you the best of luck! ^^

4. water mage Kingdom Keeper

Hey Daxma. I've been trying to get in contact with you. I know how you feel. Just try not to take anything personally. That's what I try to do especially in some rpgs where I get disciplined for my posts. *shruggs* Oh well you can't please everyone. If you ever want to talk feel free to pm or send me a visistor message. Before I go I think you are a wonderful person and an excellent rpger. You make your posts interesting and sometimes complex like mine. Feel free to join any of the rpgs no matter what anyone says or thinks. For starters you can join mine in in extended rpg thread. Hang in there and I hope to hear from you soon.

5. fire mage Hollow Bastion Committee

Daxma. You are a wonderful RPG player and I hope you come back in the the rpg world because I miss how you rpg. You even kept some of the threads on them alive when other people were there to post.

6. Rainbow~Monkey Gummi Ship Junkie

woah, i thought i was the only one...

7. Styx That's me inside your head.

Thinking you're the only one who has a rough time: the apex of egocentrism has been reached.

8. Chevalier Crystal Princess

Hey, that's mean, Even if is true. Rainbow monkey, of course there are other people who suffer the same or more. so in a way you're not alone.

9. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

Not everyone hates you! Sometimes I feel like this, but if you find your true friends, they can help make it better. It's hard, but in the end it pays off.

10. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

The tiniest little thing can set off an avalanche. Think what has happened recently and also try to reflect on what other people have said or done to you and what you've said or done to others. Is it school or work (I don't know how old you are) or is it ore general. You are living proof that there are people on the other side. You are the biggest helper of people here. Maybe it's that. Did you know that people who work at the Samaritans or child line have the highest rate of depression out of anyone who does any other job. They see so many of other people's problems that they find little hope in the world. You need to think about what is good and happy in your life and I know that I sound cheesy when I say this but you are not alone. Don't think that you are the only one who has gone through this sort of thing. Look around you, 99% of people will go through a stage of depression or anxiety in their lifetime. Talk to a school councilor or guidance teacher about it (assuming you're still in school) but above all else talk to someone about it. Talk to a close friend and I know you say that you are a distant memory to them but if they are your friends they will listen and try to help. Just don't think that you are all alone. The world's too small and life is too long to be all alone. Believe me, I know.

11. Rainbow~Monkey Gummi Ship Junkie

no, you misunderstood
    i meant i thought i was the only one who thought like that
    i thought i was alone
    cuz all the people IRL surrounding me are all merry and happy and stuff and
    yeah
    i just felt no one was there to relate to me
    i wasnt saying i thought i was the only one having a rough time

thanks for de-repping me for no good reason

12. Explode Who?!

Yeah, I agree, that was unnecessary.

While I do respect you a lot, Styx, "Help With Life" does not mean help the one person asking for it, and attack everyone else, especially if they are having the same problems.

13. daxma Hei Long: Unrivalled under the Heavens

I assume you feel like there's this untamed monster inside you aswell.You all see me as something a white knight of the help with life section and that i'm a great person but i'm not.I'm just a monster and thats it.I might be intelligent and have wisdom but that doesn't mean i'm great.I'm just a monster, not in the conventional way but in a deeper way.

14. Pezz Kingdom Keeper

well..... so am I..... or at least so I was....... It that what it is? are you depressed about somethings you've done in the past? are you unable to forgive yourself even though you're family already has? If so, you are just like me. I was a horrible kid.... so horrible.... I hurt my family and I was almost responsible for splitting my family in two. I was a bad kid which is why I try to be better now. My family has forgiven me for what I've done, but I refuse to forgive myself. I use it as a reminder that that is the kind of person that i never want to be again. my point is, I am different now. is this the case for you?

15. daxma Hei Long: Unrivalled under the Heavens

pezz its more complicated than that.way more complicated...

16. Pezz Kingdom Keeper

I'm not trying to have a competition, but really I only scratched the surface of everything that i did. I don't remember most of what I did because I was traumatized by it, but yeah it is pretty bad. but anyway, it sounds like i may have hit the nail on the head. what's wrong daxma? if you don't want everyone to know, you can send me a private message. it really does help to let this stuff out. it eats you up on the inside if you don't. I would think that you should know that of all people, at least that what I would think after reading comments you post when trying to help others. :)

17. daxma Hei Long: Unrivalled under the Heavens

These are things within the corridors of my own head and these thoughts are mine and mine alone.Alone with my experiances these are my problems.These are things i have to deal with.With my abundance of wisdom and knowledge i'm still having trouble.I tell these things to no one because they are both my privilige and my burden.They are belong to me and no one else.

18. Pezz Kingdom Keeper

uh..... if you say so.... I was only offering to help. It's not like I would tell anyone or be rude to you. may I ask you something though. why are you asking for help on this forum if you don't want anyone to help? Did you want to just see if anyone would care? Did you want to see if anyone would respond? did you want to see if you truly were forgotten? Were you uneasy about even posting this?

why post this if you don't want help? you may be a wise person, but keeping it bottled up is not a wise thing.

You can't carry the world on your shoulders and still keep walking. no, you need to ease the load before you collapse. Everybody needs help at some point in time. If you don't feel like you can tell anyone on this site, then tell someone you know who you can trust.

you say that this is your burden, and that may be the case, but that doesn't mean you can't seek advice along the way. that's all I have to say :)

19. daxma Hei Long: Unrivalled under the Heavens

To be honest now...all i'm doing is changing that sadness and pain into rage and just letting that monster lose.

20. EvilMan_89 Code Master

sorry but i have to agree with that, it LOOKS like you're not letting anyone help you and that doesn't seem like it would be productive in getting over the problems. there's no point in asking for help if you don't let people help you. i think you should try talking the problem out with someone in real life, sometimes just talking about it helps a lot.