I'm not sure what's wrong.

Discussion in 'Help with Life' started by Aura, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Aura Goddess

So, for the past two weeks, I haven't really been getting enough rest since I've been going out a lot. But I've also been trying to push my social life a little aside(Not too much, though.) so I can get some rest. I've been pretty busy with life for the past two weeks, but now it's beginning to settle down. Two weeks ago, I had pulled my first all nighter (Lol. Yes.). I don't do them because I'm not someone who can handle pulling an all nighter since I lack energy and I'm tired a lot. I did one since I had gone to Disneyland with my senior class before graduating. The next day, I was a wreck and wanted to sleep. However, I had to stay awake or else on Saturday (I had a placement test the day after I got back from Disneyland.) I would be asleep during the placement test I needed to take for the college I'm attending in the fall. I slept a bit while at school, got home, slept for 3-4 hours, ate and then went to bed. Next day, I was still exhausted so I'm pretty sure I did terrible in my placement test. Rest of the day, I rested, kind of. My family dragged me out.

Last week was a pretty busy week since I was graduating at the end of the week. I was still tired, but I started feeling somewhat better since I was getting a bit of rest. Although, over the weekend that just passed, I began feeling worse. I couldn't get up or move any part of my body. I just sat on my bed. I also lost my breath and started panting. It eventually went away when I decided to take a nap. Now, almost everyday I get this. I'm probably sitting on my bed doing nothing, but I suddenly then feel faint, exhausted out of nowhere and I'm out of breath. I figured it was because I was lacking sleep so whenever it happened, I tried taking a nap. But whenever I woke up, I felt worse for a while.

Now one thing that's beginning to make me worry is that my chest is starting to hurt whenever this happens. Monday I had gone to the DMV so I could get my California ID. I was tired, so I kept yawning, but whenever I yawned, my chest would hurt. I figured it was just because it was cold in the DMV, so I ignored it for a bit. But now, whenever I feel exhausted out of nowhere, faint and out of breath, my chest starts hurting now as well. It's hurting right now and it feels tight. I have asthma, I'd use my inhalers, but their expired. I've told my mom several times to refill them, but she keeps forgetting, along with her idea of making an appointment so I can get a checkup, which I know I desperately need.

I'm no where near healthy. I was born with asthma, I have no strength whatsoever so if someone wanted to cause me physical harm or if I was in some sort of accident, I'd probably end up dying. I lack sleep and energy, I barely eat, I don't eat anything healthy and I'm most likely anemic. I'm not all too sure what to do or what's wrong with me. I told my mom earlier I haven't been feeling well, but she told me I'm most likely getting sick. She then said, "Hm." and walked away. She does that a lot. << I also tend to have panic attacks. Had one yesterday, chest ended up aching for quite a while and my body was trembling.

Is all of this just happening because I'm lacking sleep or that something is seriously wrong with me?

2. Johnny Bravo Chaser

sounds like it is most likely from the asthma. You should get checked by the doctors and get your inhaler's refilled and up-to-date. As for the time being, I would recommend actually getting up and doing something, walking around a bit, maybe go for a light walk outside, hell, walk around the house even. If you feel even worse doing that then lay back down again, but I think that might help a little. Get better soon!

3. Spunk Ransom you're already perfect

Some of the things that you mentioned sound like the symptoms of acid reflux. It can cause tight pain in your chest, and can be triggered by panic attacks, as well as eating the wrong things or not eating at all. Acid reflux attacks can get pretty bad, you may want to see if that is what is causing it. Another thing that could be happening is gallstones(pulling from real life experience here) when I had those, I was doing the same thing you are now. After re-reading what you wrote, those symptoms are exactly like what I went through. I layed in bed and did nothing for almost two months except be in pain. You may want to see if that is what is causing it, if it is, you will probably want to get your Gallbladder taken out, it's worth it, trust me. If it acid reflux they have medicine that you can take once daily for it. I take Prevacid everyday, it helps. Those are just two possibilities, you should really get to a doctor.

4. Luna Lovegood nani panda-kun

As Spunk said, the tightness in your chest and loss of breath can be symptoms of a type of chronic acid reflux called GERD (Gastroesophageal reflux disease). I have this (inherited from my dad. Thanks dad.), and for me it started off with similar symptoms. I would wake up in the middle of the night gasping for breath, and it felt like I had forgotten to breathe. Eventually those symptoms went away, and were replaced by nightly heartburn, which isn't fun, but I take an antacid before I go to bed and it usually does the trick. Sleeping on your left side also helps for some reason (probably stops acid from going up the esophagus).

What you're experiencing could be GERD, or it could be caused by a panic attack or by your asthma. GERD symptoms usually appear just at night and/or when your tired, but you're fine during most of the day. If this isn't the case, you should make a doctor's appointment and discuss what can be done about it.

5. Aura Goddess

Well, my mom tried getting a refill on my inhalers, but they wouldn't give them to her since I apparently need to see my doctor first to make sure that's what I need. I was actually up and around for 4 days straight. The first day, I felt completely terrible and wanted to rest every hour, but then the next few days afterward, I began feeling better, until Saturday where the pain in my chest returned. Thanks for the advice though.

I'm supposed to be going to the doctor today, not sure what time though. I probably wouldn't really have to go if I wasn't feeling completely terrible last night to the point I could barely move. I'm just lucky this is happening during vacation instead of during school time.

As I said, I'll be going to the doctor today, hopefully. I've already been told by a few people what I might have and it all just sounds the same so I'll just have to see what I have when or if I even go to the doctor today.

My mom wants to take me the urgent care today. Just by the name, I already know it's not too good to be taken there. I didn't have any chest pain yesterday, but I think it's making it up for today. My chest is hurting and feeling pretty tight at the moment. I'll have to speak with my mom again when she gets home from work, hopefully she doesn't get mad at me again.

Anyway, thank you everyone.