Kingdom Hearts II "I'm what's left": What does Xemnas mean?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Near-to-Tears, Jan 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Near-to-Tears Hollow Bastion Committee

Roxas: Who are you?
    Xemnas: I'm what's left, or maybe I'm all there ever was.

It's only a small line, right near the begining of the game. But I don't know, it's stuck in my mind. It's obvious that it's after Roxas joined the Organization as they're both hooded in the coats. But Roxas can't remember him, so is it before he was taken into the Simulation Twilight Town? But Xemnas is saying he's what's left, implying that the Organization has already fallen. So maybe it's after Sora destroys Organization XIII, but then how is Roxas there? And why, of all places, is it the beach? The same place Sora and Riku end up after defeating Xemnas in his final form. I can't figure it out at all, the more I think about it the more confusing it becomes...

2. Knightshade Hollow Bastion Committee

I believe it takes place near when Roxas was created and joined organization 13. And He is referring to himself possibly.
    As in i'm all that's left meaning his heartless and main self are gone.
    Or maybe i'm all all there ever was might be meaning he doesn't really consider himself to having a heart so he was and when he was a regular person he didn't have memories of his life and Ansem (good guy) rescued him and took him in. So he allways considered himself to being a nobody.

3. Sir Charles of Monocles The Fault in Our Stars

The part in red could mean what you said Demitryx and both parts could also refer to Xehanort.

4. Near-to-Tears Hollow Bastion Committee

Yeah, I thought about that too. And it does make sense, but it still dosn't explain why he says it at that time, in that place and to Roxas... I don't think Xemnas has the personailty to want to maintain that kind of drama once he's "hooked the fish" as it were. Obviously Roxas is already a member, and Xemnas brought him into the Organization so he would know who he was without asking. So why does Roxas ask? And why dosen't Xemnas just answer, instead of keeping up the air of mystery?

5. Sir Charles of Monocles The Fault in Our Stars

Well we can't forget, Xemnas is part emo.

6. Knightshade Hollow Bastion Committee

that's true....but we know he's already in the organization because he's wearing the cloak. So...that must be his first time meating him.
    And we know there in the realm of darkness. So apperently they can go there whenever they want.

7. Near-to-Tears Hollow Bastion Committee

No he's not! You'd be pretty upset if you lost you're heart and were shunned by everyone..

Xemnas sort of... I can't think of the word but he brought Roxas into the Org in Twilight Town while Roxas was still in his casual clothes.

8. Sir Charles of Monocles The Fault in Our Stars

Sorry couldn't resist saying that. Anyway, Xemnas might have known about his downfall to Sora and wanted to make Roxas stop it from happening. It event took place during KH1 i am guessing, after Sora is a Heartless.

9. Soushirei 運命の欠片

I think it's a bit of a stretch to assume it's Xemnas saying "Organization XIII" has already fallen. I'm positive he was simply referring to himself about being nothing but an empty shell, so he's 'all that's left'. As for "all there ever was", it's probably just the mumblings/thoughts of a Nobody, that we'll never know the meaning behind. It happens a lot in games by SE, I wouldn't hold it past Nomura to have done something like that.

10. .Kairi. Kingdom Keeper

When he says 'I'm all thats left', he's saying that he's all that is left after turning into a heartless/nobody. It could also be that he's saying this after the Org. was destroyed. 'Or maybe I'm all that ever was' could mean he never thought that he really had a heart, so he thinks he's always been a Nobody.

11. Near-to-Tears Hollow Bastion Committee

Everyone's saying it's because he feels like he never truly had a heart... But, wouldn't it mean he wouldn't want it back? It seems to me he's resolute that he needs his emotions back, and saying that he never felt like he had a Heart means he never felt like he had any emotions anyway. I just don't think that part fits with the obvious need and craving for his heart and his feelings.

12. Soushirei 運命の欠片

I could very very resolutely want to have wings and fly, but that'll never happen, now will it?

The things you want don't necessarily = things you can have.

13. rice_rules6 Moogle Assistant

well guys here what i think

Xemnas may have brought roxas into the organization but never gave his name to roxas just gave roxas his name

roxas ask whats his name is because everyone is wearing those clocks it gets confusing

xemnas says he all thats left or ever was because of his old self must likely dearly the key blade war

and he is being so dramatic because he is a deep guy and its fun confusing and messing with peoples minds

14. Near-to-Tears Hollow Bastion Committee

I ment that he wouldn't want it back if he never felt like he had it in the first place. Or at least that's what I think.

15. SImpression Merlin's Housekeeper

It just reminds me of a passage about Xemnas that came out YEARS ago before we really knew anything about him.
    It went something like:
    "Fromed in the world of Twilight, his cloak being made of the darkness, he's all thats left"
    Okay I remembered that HORRIBLY. It sounded a lot cooler originally but yeah. Thats what it reminds me of?
    I think he was referring to the fact that he is a Nobody. For all we know, he didn't even know that his heart was Xehanort's Heartless. He could have been completely clueless. So he would have known that he was 'all that's left'. As for 'or maybe i'm all that there ever was' maybe he was referring to that maybe he was always a Nobody? like he could hardly remember his past life. I mean by the time Roxas should up, Xemnas had been a Nobody for around 8 years. So maybe he was beginning to doubt that he veer actually existed? I don't know. He is a kook.

But, i think it is IMPOSSIBLE that he means that he is the last of the Organization.
    Because that was in Roxas' memories and when Roxas was zapped into fake Twilight Land there were still like 7 memebrs left. So yeah.

16. Void Merlin's Housekeeper

With the "maybe im all there ever was", dont forget that xemnas later states he could not remeber emotions other than anger, hate and envy, so maybe he wonders if his "heart" was ever really real.

17. Xegreny Kingdom Keeper

Well, Xemnas is the superior, so he's one of the older Nobodies. When he says "Im what's left" I think he was reffering to the fact that he was a human once, but is now a Nobody. When he says "Maybe Im all there ever was.." He MIGHT be reffering to the fact that he's so old that he's starting to forget what he once was, his emotions, his actions. 10 Years is a long time. Plus, when you defeat him, Sora asks if he remembers happy emotions, Xemnas replies "Unfortunately, I don't" or something to that effect. This further proves that he might be becomeing more and more desperate to retrive his heart, and his memories.

18. DarKnight36 Gummi Ship Junkie

I agree. I always thought he was referring to himself as being a remnant...

Because that's what Nobodies are, really. And maybe, Roxas was just dreaming at the time...So the conversation never really happened, but was just a figment created by pieces of other conversations. Who knows?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.